Balika Vadhu

Mere pyaar mein kya kami reh gayi thee? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

sreevask

Goldie

sreevask

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 5:12am | IP Logged
There's no wrong in doing an eye feast to her husband,just as gouri wore sari 4 J.
It is necessary 4 a healthy sexual relationship.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mere pyaar mein kya kami reh gayi thee? (Page 5)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tinoo

IF-Rockerz

tinoo

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 5:22am | IP Logged

My personal assessment is that it was not really about clothes or educational level (because all these things were do-able, if he really cared about her then he could have groomed her to his tastes... and she was willing to study )...  I cant put my finger on what it is though. Confused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

angeldust_sreevaskILoveDramapjyo

sreevask

Goldie

sreevask

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged
That's true..He stopped caring 4 her based on eye judgement n comparison of A n J.After dat he stopped bothering about all his kins folk.
@the time of his decision to go with G,he cd 've consulted a lawyer n get the things settled b4 he crosses the mandatory age limit.CVs FAILED 2 HANDLE THIS ISSUE.
At that time he cd 've argue on the basis of child marriage that none cd object.

pjyo

IF-Dazzler

pjyo

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Once he went to city it was a long distance relationship that just didnt work out,bedazzeled by gauri he just lost interest in anandi...Ermmhe upgraded his lifestyle and anandi just didnt fit in his new world..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sreevask

achiever

IF-Dazzler

achiever

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
tell her tht thr wasnt any "kami" bt rather it was "kuch zyada hi" it was so overflowing tht it blinded her sight and clogged her brain tht she did not see how badly he was treating her... tht it blinded her to his vices his chaging behaviour and attitude.. gave her false hopes and trust.. tht even if she did everything he asked for, she wasnt appreciated ever..  she loved him so much tht he took her for granted.. she  gave him so much importance in her life.. tht one day he really thot himself to be above her.. and now she was so unimportant for him.. and that she  respected him so much tht in process she didnt c tht she was losing her own self-respecting... she put so much confidence in him tht, he became over confident and arrogant..

Y cant she admit tht she chose wrong person to love..  wat if somebody did same thing to Phooli or Asha or tulli wud she have same respect and feeling for tht person.. wud she still let tht person ruin their lives..  or wud she b disgusted at his such act..and try to get them away from him... If yes, thn y have feelings for such an immoral person as J.. who is defending himself lamely..  Y is she still rationalizing his acts and considers him a gud person.. a person who cudnt b loyal to his wife, cudnt respect his parents.. can never b a gud person.. a person who doesnt honor his commitments..  no dignity.. no shame... no heart... how can she ever love such a person.. r her own morals so low tht she can still love such a person?  Forget the husband-wife r'ship, he was so selfish tht he cudnt even talk to her as friend and bring her out of this clumsy situation.. instead he expected her to stay with his parents and serve thm.. so tht he can b carefree and live happily his life with G as per his wishes.. she can rot in the hell, cry buckets, or wat ever she pleases?  Is she so shameless, tht she still wants to seek solace and relief from the person who kicked her out of his life mercilessly and simply "replaced" herself like some damn furniture... without even thinking abt her once...  Y does she still want to waste her life and tears thinking abt him, who is simply enjoying his life rite now and not even thinking abt her or her tears?.. Does she really deservs this treatment?.. Y shud she punish herself so harshly for no apparent reason?  If her own brother or son had done same injustice, wud she have forgiven thm so easily or reprimanded.. r her own sanskars so fickle, tht she can accept such a man without reprimanding him.. How she expect to bring on change and justice to other ppl, when she cant do justice to her own self.. wen she herself is not able to change and do the right thing?  Y she wants to b the "other women" in J-G lives?  Y she wants berating treatments from G?

The right thing always was to throw divorce papers on his face.. even if she wanted to live with her in-laws she cud've lived as daughter.. 

Edited by achiever - 28 September 2011 at 10:18am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kklb67sreevaskPicasso9Ruhani..

Picasso9

Goldie

Picasso9

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tinoo

Originally posted by parri814

So to come full circle, my take on this is LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH.  Evolving, improving changing for the better will keep your love alive on the giving and receiving end.  we constantly need to reinvent ourselves to remain interesting without losing our essence of being the good soul that your partner initially fell in love with.

Hi Parri,  loved your post, very thoughtful and well written ClapClap.  I particularly love your last paragraph -- I think this is great!!!

To take this point further and expand on the discussion - the question I have is  - where is the line between re-inventing oneself and losing one's own identity to please someone by dressing differently/doing something differently? 

For instance, anandi did not like those western clothes at all - the short skirts etc.  It's not like she took to them like a fish to water.  It's something that made her very uncomfortable.

Thank you and very good point and question Tinoo.

Its a very fine line between changing for improvement of oneself and changing to please someone else. 

Change is not limited to outward appearance or worldly knowledge.  Change should be reflected positively in conduct.  Agreeing to eveything a partner says and not challenging situations, statements and conduct (behavior) is damaging to a relationship.  You are not being honest with yourself or your partner.  Approach is also very important when being honest.  Relationships need 'out of the box' thinking, not just taking situations literally and reacting on that.

Let's take the example of the western outfit that Anandi shunned.  Yes she was obviously uncomfortable, and very honest with how she felt about it but her approach was all wrong.  She could have looked at that situation as an indication that I need not be a conventional Rajastani beendni because my husband obviously likes a more liberal version.  So let's think of how she could have defined more modern/liberal within her comfort zone.  She could have thought ok, maybe i will wear less caky make-up, or get rid of the gaghra and wear salwar suit, or sari, or maybe continue my studies, learn english and be fluent in what's available outside of Jetsar.  This new definition and new found sense of freedom from knowledge would boost her own self worth.

In my opinion Anandi, blurred these lines because she lived/s totally for Jagya.  Even when she decided to take up studying again, she did so to meet up to Jagya's standards of what a doctor's wife should be but it was an effort that came too late. 

We all need motivation and inspiration to change and improve in life.  Anandi's motivation was pleasing Jagya.  The thing to remember here is that there is no guarantee that the thing or person who is the motivator has to reciprocate in kind.  If there is no reciprocation then there should be no disappointment because you chose the motivator.  If the inspiration does respond positively then it is sone pe suhaaga. 

Therefore I think it would have been in Anandi's best interest to change for her own self worth. any positiveness that came from that change within her marriage would have been a nice bonus.

Even if she did not reinvent herslf she could have at least challenged Jagya every time he called her gawar or ridiculed her.  She could have kept the fire alive by being a little non compliant.  Who wants a 'yes man' all the time.  Look at Gauri, she has her career, she has her friends and she is not afraid to say, 'Jagat you get my laundry".  With Anandi, Jagya is her career, her friend, and she is his maid.  She did not retain an identity of her own within her marriage therefore she is so devastated and traumatised.

I am really finding it hard to reconcile the samaj seva Anandi with jagya's anandi, simply because we cannot compartmentalise ourselves so completely that we appear as split personalities.  She needs to have some self actualisation and honestly ask herslef what does she want from life.  If samaj seva is just a distraction, then it makes sense.  if it is her true calling then any speeches from her sound hollow and lack credence because of the way she has conducted her own personal life. 

Sooo.  In an effort to attempt to lend clarity between 'that fine line', I think motivation/inspiration to reinvent oneself should come from within and not from an external source.  I am constantly told by all my daughter's medical teams that i need to take care of myself first so that i am fit enough to take care of her.  In a flight the emergency instructions are to first put the oxygen on yourself and then help your child and others.  The reasoning is not selfish but rather the opposite.  Of what use will you be to your child if you are lying in a heap from lack of oxygen? 

Similarly, Anandi, needs to realise that helping herself first by taking care of her emtional, spiritual and physical needs, will indirectly help the emotional and spiritual health of her marriage and in turn her family.  If it still has an adverse affect on her marriage, i.e. jagya's deceit, then it is not her loss but rather his.

Edited by parri814 - 28 September 2011 at 3:22pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

achieverpjyo

Picasso9

Goldie

Picasso9

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tinoo

My personal assessment is that it was not really about clothes or educational level (because all these things were do-able, if he really cared about her then he could have groomed her to his tastes... and she was willing to study )... I cant put my finger on what it is though. Confused

Could it be wave length??? Maybe they just did not connect intellectually. Perhaps Anandi was far more superior in thinking and Jagya could not think beyond the superficial.

Or maybe it was something as simple as embarrassment on Jagya's part. He was too embarrassed and ashamed to claim Anandi as his wife because his interpretation of pride is in material objects plus remember how his friends ridiculed child marriages and village life. We all know that Jagya lacks patience and therefore perhaps he did not want to waste time upgrading (according to him) Anandi when an already upgraded Gauri was available.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pjyo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top