Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

How JJKH compare with the original

essar2610 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Ha anyone here watched the original Betty La Fea? Is the story following the same track? It will be interesting to know.

BTW, ABC is going to have an English version of Betty La Fea with Salma Hayek. Bad casting if you ask me...Salma Hayek is already so beautiful. We all know that. It will be diffcult to see her as an Ugly Duckling.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Anjali* thumbnail

hey essar welcome to the forum!!

I totally agree with you. Salma Hayek as Betty/Jassi will be terrible.  We already know who Salma Hayek is--there will be no element of surprise.  With Mona Singh, we don't know much about her, except that she is a model from Pune and there are only a few pics of her out there.  We don't know much about her and I think it's a good thing b/c it adds to the suspense and excitement when it comes to unveiling the "real" and new Jassi.  They should pick a not so well known actress to play the part if you ask me.  Also, they should do maybe an American version of the story.  The Spanish version of "Betty La Fea" already exists so why do another one with a Latina actress????  There's an Indian one too (Jassi of course) which has proven to be successful, so why not do an American version? I have no idea about copyright laws, so I don't know that since T &D already bought the script does it mean no one else can as well??? Does anyone know about this? 

ahmed316us thumbnail
welcome to the forum essar
sharmili thumbnail

Well I have read summeries for original Story and Indian version of Betty is way off the track.  In original story there was no Character of Purab.  Please don't burn me for not saying that Purab character is same as Michale.  Secondly Betty was really heart broker....even reading those summeries made me feel for Betty but in this indian version...Jassi seems to be becomming more arrogant rather then self confident. 

Just two cents....save me from flames

essar2610 thumbnail

Thanx for the welcome Ahmed and Anjali

Well T&D would have just bought the Indian/Hindi rights to the show. thats how copyright usually works.

allegra thumbnail
Welcome, Sharmili. 😊
Don't worry, we've stopped physically hurting people for their opinions since October 1st. Now we just charge them $100 per member that gets offended.

P.S. I'm highly offended 😆
sharmili thumbnail

Good one Allegra.....but I should get get paid by every offended person....its a very tough task to do *phew*

I m going to be Richhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Morgoth thumbnail

😆 allegra

...welcome Sharmili and Essar!

*Anjali* thumbnail

thanks essar for the info. So anyone else could buy rights for another country if they wanted to do an adaptation too.

😆😆😆  allegra!

sharmili thumbnail
I'll buy the  rights for middle-east....Jassi in burkha (just a joke no offence please....)  and Armaan and Purab in those robes.