And the twain shall meet ....

disha77 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

And the twain shall meet…..

Ever wondered on why we want / think DK and Disha to end up together (and have lots of little DK's in the process!) in spite of them being always at odds with each other….

Opposites Attract, Likes Dispel Theory – Age old theory, still works wonders! Black & White, Sky & Earth, Mars & Venus, Dark & Light, Fire & Ice, Sugar & Spice…..Opposites getting attracted to each other always has that special appeal about it. DK and Disha are opposites in ever sense of the word. DK is the yin to Disha's yang! If DK is arrogant, complex, short-tempered, shrewd & domineering, then Disha is modest, simple, sweet-natured, nave & generally cowed by everyone (but at the same time these were the earlier attributes of Disha, she has undergone tremendous character reform by then….but then so has DK!) In the tradition of Mills & Boons romances, DK was the exceedingly attractive, unimaginably wealthy, invincibly powerful, man of the world, a loner with a dark, painful past and a dangerous, unpredictable future, while Disha was the fragile, pretty young thing from a loving, close-knit family born & brought up in protection & cocooned in warmth & affection, who had no inkling of what her future had in store for her. DK and Disha were just meant to meet & destined to cross paths over & over again.

The Underdog Theory – This thing is always bang on! Its basic human tendency to support the down-trodden, the failed, the broken spirited, the crushed, the unloved, the neglected! And DK is all this and so much more! What makes it more appealing is the fact that DK always appear to have the ''I-don't-care-a-damn'' thing going on, while the audience knows that the poor baby is such a perfect case of awwwwwwwww! DK is a character who is self-respecting to the point of being extremely egoistical, but at the same time will shred the last piece of his honor for the woman he loves most (that's Sumitra and not Disha btw!) vulnerable to the point of being hyper-sensitive (his reaction to seeing Disha and Vedant together), a character which evokes sympathy without calling out for it! I for one know that the moment DK came on screen (in his very first scene, looking suitably sinister), even though I wasn't really taken in by him at first, but inexplicably I wanted Disha and DK to be together. So, I guess its natural that DK being the most empathized character on TD, one naturally wants him to have all that he desires (and we know what he desires!) And that is also the reason, none of us have their sympathies for Inder, despite him losing out Disha, when she was originally meant for him. It was like, hey this guy has everything going for him, money, youth, looks (this is redoubtable though!) family, friends & loved ones and a girl falling all over him (Ranu)….then why should he have Disha too??? DK is the one who needs, desires & deserves Disha….and shall have her! (Highly illogical argument, but then I am not writing a thesis anyway!)

For good or bad, till Death do us apart – Hum bane, tum bane, ek duje ke liye. This could have been Inder and Disha, but it was not so! Have you noticed, that while Inder keeps pining for his lady love, Disha has long since moved on with her life and moved on in every sense of the word, she just does not feel any emotion for Inder except the fact that he is her well-wisher & her sister's husband….Disha's reaction to Inder always, even prior to their respective marriages was always comparatively easygoing & mild, while her relationship with DK (even though based on a mutual feeling of disdain & so called hatred) was always tumultuous & highly volatile. Be it DK's extreme jealousy of Disha & Inder's past, or Disha's disgust with Sanya and DK's relationship, these two rock the boat and how! DK and Disha have never been indifferent to each other, they have always in the past and at present also, either hated each other with ferocity (innumerable examples) or loved with heart-breaking tenderness (DK and Disha sharing the highly emotional moment on the terrace- last week's episode), or empathized with genuine sympathy (Disha's tears for DK's past and his quiet support for her at Dev's death), stood-up and protected each other unfailingly (Disha's protectiveness for DK against Gargi's manipulation). They have always been there for / with / in front of each other in their respective / mutual good and bad times and hence make an excellent case of future togetherness!

Man proposes, God disposes theory – We always want two people separated by the vagaries of circumstances & destiny to end up with each other, despite all odds. DK and Disha met under the most unusual of circumstances, hated each other almost immediately, ended up marrying one another shockingly, hated each other more and more understandably, the ice thwarted between them slowly and steadily, abhorrence gave way to slight liking, then to fondness, then to affection and warmth and then finally to love. This was just pre-ordained, as if God had planned it to be like this! Now when DK and Disha get separated, after both have realized, accepted & acknowledged their love, it is bound to be painful for not just them, for the viewers also. We have been waiting for the last 6 months for these two to reconcile their differences and just get-together, now when that time has finally come, they will once again be separated. Heck, the tinge of tragedy always gives a silver lining to any love story, when the viewer knows that the two lovers have to go their separate ways, you start feeling more and more desperately for them to come back to one another's fold again!

I😆 am such a complete waste of a person, am deluged with so much of work, but I choose to wax eloquent on DK and Disha, than complete my Office work (I have a deadline to finish a report titled, ''Supply Chain – Matching Supply Chain Strategies to Product and Customers''….can you blame me if my interest keeps flagging with alarming frequency???) but seriously the only way I am able to do my deadly boring Office work is because I simultaneously keep writing on the forums also…..you guys are my lifeline now!

Pretty cheesy post, but something to write while TD is not aired!

Cheers,

Dee

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AALIYAH786 thumbnail

i also have lots of work to do😭, since it is the last days of the financial year in South Africa but i can't seem to help myself, I am addicted to this site and TD, I come back to this site almost every hour and thanks Disha for your reviews

lilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Di your posts are always so refreshing you rock girl, you are not  a waste as I am, I have deadlines all around in several presentation  and haven't even started tackling yet. I had promised my self to go to work  early today, but ended up opening TD and just could not  stop myself from reading your post and replying.

I hope this serial ends in a positive note, I just don't want these two to end up with someone else. They really are meant for each other, I have a feeling we will see them separated for a while with both of them yearning for each other and realizing there worth and ultimately getting together,  if writers don't do that they may not have much to  air about in future serials ( do not care for tragic ends like Heer Ranja, Sohni -Mahiwal, Romeo Julie , Want it to be cindrella story all the way.)

kuhoo kotze thumbnail

Disha,

You are too cool and write very well.  Each episode was as good as a chapter from a best seller novel.  We in the USA and other places outside India are indebted to you for keeping us updated on the episodes and the latest on the DK and Disha front. 

My husband who does not speak Hindi is hooked on your updates and now takes time out to see the episodes aired in USA.

I looking forward to your posts each time I sign in.

Best wishes always and lots of love

Kuke

rat718 thumbnail
Wow that does sound like a obtuse report Disha. However, as creative as you are you will make it intresting. Good Luck. 
jingle thumbnail

hi disha

wonderfull work done 😛

dkaddict thumbnail

When we feel, we know we are alive. The more emotional a situation, the more we become wrapped up in it. If it weren't for all the varying emotions in the show, esp. between the two, it would be a damn bore! So, since the Ds are the ones we are most emotionally involved with, it is natural to want them together, as that combination will bring the most intense experience of the most enjoyable emotion: love. How blah it would have been to see Disha and Inder together- no passion at all. Hard to know if such on-screen couples are even alive!

We can live vicariously through such stories. We want for the heroes what we want for ourselves in this way. And as for seperation- when love is true, seperation simply increases the desire to be together, and makes reunion that much more sweet!

-DKaddict