Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

A very old Article of samir and Nafisa

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:04am | IP Logged

Table for two

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2002 11:30:31 AM ]
The media loves a glamourous couple in love. Unfortunately, there's always a series of denials that precedes the inevitable reluctant admissions. The case of model, ex-Miss India and VJ Nafisa Joseph and model-actor Samir Soni is a tad different though. "You see, we never really denied we were seeing each other; we just didn't talk about it in the open," Nafisa explains as she settles down for a late dinner at Andheri's popular youth hangout, Pop Tate's.

You try and
discount the 'We're just friends' statements as non-denials, but that's only after you hear an admission that reeks of honesty: "Actually, we're both very superstitious about what we have.

Kisi ki nazar na lag jaaye was always our main concern." You can't help but smile as the two-years-together couple seated across the table seem quite like one out on a first date; and slowly but surely, as the twosome open up, you warm up to them, all misgivings forgotten.

"Yes, we fell in love while working on Sandeep Sikhand's Ask What Father Says. It was almost two years ago," Samir admits. You remind Nafisa that her boyfriend is back to rehearsing for yet another play, one of Sikhand's again. She's not a part of this production; was she worried he'd find himself some other interesting company? Nafisa dismisses the possibility with a laugh, as she orders some Chantilli Red for Samir and a drier Red for herself. "Know something about Nafisa?" Samir asks suddenly. "She strongly thinks this world belongs to the animals and birds; we human beings are here as mere guest appearances."
"Well, it is true that I love animals…"

Samir cuts in: "Well, she sure loves her seven cats and two dogs more than she loves me… Ask her."
"Well, I do love my animals," Nafisa says, explaining in between how her original cat, 'Blue' got lonely, so she got her 'Turquoise' for company. They had a baby called 'Aqua' and then 'Sultan' and the others followed. Then she notices the sulking Samir and starts to pet him instead.

"Sometimes when she's feeling over-affectionate, she sounds just like that," Samir begins to perk up. "I only have to figure out if it's the cat she's calling or it's me! You know, when we had just started going around, Nafisa used to look out of the car window and say, 'Wow, he's handsome!' and I used to start feeling upset. Then I realised she was often referring to the dog on the street."

The Garlic Prawns Oregano are to die for, while the Bruschetta isn't too bad either, we decide, as Nafisa now takes it upon herself to reveal some of Samir's secrets. "You know Samir always classifies people according to their Zodiac sign, and he remembers it too. In fact, I've caught on to the habit now and whenever I meet someone, I have to ask them what their star sign is."

"Trust me, she's more into this stuff than even me," Samir says, proud, in a way of passing on his legacy. The main course of Spaghetti Siciliana for Nafisa is polished off, while both pick on the Garlic Chicken Sizzler as well. Conversation enthusiastically continues all through; she quizzing him on the zodiac signs of Bollywood stars, he ribbing her with her Oh-my-God sob-sob routine on the smallest of matters. Finally, over bites of Apple Pie and Ice cream, Lemon Mousse and Caramel Custard, the verdict is out. Being superstitiously careful has made the Samir-Nafisa friendship bloom into a beautiful relationship that's top class. Touch wood!

Edited by kanchi - 05 October 2004 at 5:10am

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:07am | IP Logged
damn the picture is not appearingAngry
kaleidoscope Goldie
kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope

Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:11am | IP Logged

Damn kanchi u started behaving like Arman LOL

BTW Thanks

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:24am | IP Logged

damn choc.May be too much hearnig of Arman DAMN things made me talk like DAMN Arman.

i guess the pic is working this time.Well all these are memmories for samir now.Cry

kaleidoscope Goldie
kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope

Posted: 05 October 2004 at 5:29am | IP Logged

maybe............LOL

And yes it is working ...................poor Samir

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 05 October 2004 at 6:32am | IP Logged
thanks kanchi!  Yeah, poor Samir...Cry
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 05 October 2004 at 11:29am | IP Logged
thnx kanchi....I hope Armaan's influence has not gone beyond the earlier (damn) stage or if it has u might want to start wearing something to protect ur fists (as this would be the next stage).....and do take better care of urself girl....ur already suffering from SAPS.....this combination is nothing short of lethalDead
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top