Tumhari Disha

India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

The Other side of the Mirror - DK Rocks!

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 10:40pm | IP Logged

The Other side of the Mirror

(Sob..Sob..Sniff...Sob again) I wrote such rotten stuff about DK, I have to redeem myself, hence now I am posting the second part of my Post – The Mirror has two sides…I will now bring into light all that is nice & positive about DK, and why he rocks our World!

The dynamism of DK – Hey, how many guys have you met or known like him, no seriously? Not just blessed with alarmingly attractive looks (I can never describe him as handsome….dunno why!), he combines an aura of total authority, supremacy and magnetism. Just see him sitting behind his Office desk preening over his lap-top, or see him relaxing on his rocking chair with a drink in his hand, or see him playing a melancholic tune on the Piano - lost to the world, or see addressing Gargi with cold rage, or over-powering Disha with a chill in his eyes – this guy is a human dynamo. The character of DK just takes you head-on, and the impact is so hard, that you can either love him or hate him, but its impossible to ignore him!

The resilience of DK – Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional. DK has not just led a life of extreme pain but suffered for most part of it, physically & emotionally. For a person who has led almost 2 decades of his life trying to reconcile a dark, exceedingly excruciating & abhorrent childhood, he has reached the pinnacle of success, through sheer hard work & determination and has not let the nightmares of his past ruin his present & future. He is certainly the Rock of Gibraltar, unflappable, invincible & unbendable. He has a spine made of steel and he shows the strength of his character resolutely every time life drops him a lemon, and he seems to be standing right underneath a giant lemon tree!

The intensity of DK – Yes, this is something on which all of us will happily concur. DK is intense. Period. And he is intense about everything which touches his life. Be it, his hatred for Gargi or love for Sumitra, his affection for Dev or his disdain for Inder, his frustration with Disha or his mellowness for her, DK is profoundly intense about not just his emotions, but also his work, his people, his likes, his dislikes…..if he hates someone with intensity then he is very capable of loving someone with greater intensity. A person as highly opinioned as him, has to be admired, because it is very easy to be indifferent in life, but equally tough to make clear-cut choices.

The deepness / depth of DK – Nothing about him is frivolous, flippant or light-hearted. He thinks deep and acts deep, he has a serious view of life (though it is highly flawed in many aspects) The mark of a true man. So to speak, how many characters in TD and I am not just referring to the male characters are as serious and serene like DK? Hardly anyone except Vijendra perhaps. There is nothing superficial, shallow or phony about DK, he is what he is, the way he is. No explanations, no justification….it takes a lot of depth to stand up for what you are, inspite of being well-aware of the fact, that you would end up making more foes than friends in the way.

The innate goodness of DK – Awwww, who can dispute this guys. He is a guy with a solid, 24 carat gold heart and the very fact that he is so tough and rough on the outside only wants you makes him love all the more. Just look at the way he goes all sentimental & emotional for his Mom…hey tough guys also have a heart and our DK proves that he is all heart! Also, he treats Disha with such deference, never tried to mess around with the lady (except verbally of course, but that is not the point) inspite of the fact that she gave him all the opportunity to do so (he could have got physical with her just to avenge her daily dose of insults that she throws at him) DK maybe a grey character, but most definitely the white (good) in him washes out the black (bad) in him. Come to think of it, his virtues are that he is essentially kind-hearted, principled, hard-working, honest & blunt and his negative qualities are that he has a razor-sharp, sarcastic tongue, that he has a nasty temper & that he is way to stubborn for his own good. But he doesn't end up bumping people because they come in his way (unlike Gargi), he doesn't shift his loyalties (unlike Taj), he stands up for his wife, Disha always in spite of fighting with her like Cats & Dogs and doesn't abandon her (unlike Dev). So here we go, he is most definitely a positive character who has just got it real rough from life & hence has formed a shell outside him to protect himself & his loved ones from the vagaries of unfortunate circumstances.

The allure of DK – Hmmmm, where do I start & where do I end on this. If we talk about DK's physical attributes, they just compliment his awesome inner persona. Right from those honey-golden eyes which mirrors a thousand emotions in just one millisecond, which melt your heart when welled up with tears, or make you skip a beat when filled with desire, which might make you gasp for breath when filled with sensuousness, or get you goose-p***les when dead-panned with cold rage – those eyes say it all! I really like his teeth and nose too, but frankly his eyes are way too over-powering for me to notice and describe anything else. And yes, DK does have the body of an Adonis (Chets once said it all in one line!), though he is not of a great height, there is something majestic about his whole personality, that makes him look certainly much taller than he is! So when our dude is dressed in a Power-suit, with those ear-rings, the huge stone in his hands and  the neck-piece that he wears and come on screen, its really, really, really hard to take your eyes of him. (To be honest, I hate Men wearing jewellery, but DK does look really cool in it!) And the very fact that he is not traditionally good-looking (according to Indian Standards) makes him all the more attractive, kinda gives him that edge over other wannabes! DK has sex appeal written all over him, but not the overt, obvious kind, it's the types which grows on you, slowly & steadily!

I have lots more to write on DK (the good stuff, that is) but due to a severe time-crunch & a temporary deep hole in my Creative cauldrons are not enabling me to go on! I have composed this note over the past 4 days or so and its definitely not one of my best efforts, but I am posting it anyway, because I don't want DKji coming & reading only the bad stuff that I wrote on him…Lol…..so here goes nothing!

Edited by disha77 - 27 February 2005 at 10:45pm

dkaddict Senior Member
dkaddict
dkaddict

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 12:30am | IP Logged

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.................. Disha, does your hubby know just how much time you spend thinking about DK????? LOL

Do I have to tell you what an excellent job you've done yet again? BRAVO!

A man with a good sense of self, strong convictions, nerves of steel (and body to match!), and the soft touch of love in his hands! Wah!

His appeal does not just grow on you, it creeps in under your skin, into the crevices of your mind. It expands, wraps around your thoughts, invades your emotions, ever increasing the number of moments in your day which it owns, til it possesses your very breath!

Hahahahahaha! No, I'm not a raving lunatic! LOL Just get a bit poetic at times.... LOL LOL Oh, I crack me up!!!!! LOL LOL Maybe I should try and get out of the house more............

-DKaddict

Hot, hot, baby!

(DK is)

Hot, hot, baby!

(anyone remember Vanilla Ice? Ice, ice, baby?That's the tune ^)

Edited by dkaddict - 28 February 2005 at 12:40am
DKmania Newbie
DKmania
DKmania

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Disha ,

u r very articulate - u should write a book or script - and dedicate it to DK /Ashish ! Tongue
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 1:59am | IP Logged
wow, Disha!!!! AMAZING analysis! Clap  I've just started watching the show and I am in love with DK...Embarrassed  as DKaddict said, Hot Hot Baby!! (yep I remember Vanilla Ice too LOL)
lilly Senior Member
lilly
lilly

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 4:42am | IP Logged

Dee again your language and thoughts flow  , the words are always so magical to read, every word you write it is so poetic and meaningfull , I am very fond of music and love listening, reading your work is like listening to a piece of excellant and outstanding composition, I hope people at your work know your worth .

Well on DK's character , where are people like him ,they either are married, priest or Gay. Well inspite of the differences with his director ( sob sobCry ) his character has evolved with every episode, I can still remember the earlier episode when Indy had returned from Boston, and DK was trying to woo Di for modelling contract he was painted as a villain at that time and beleive me I really thought he was the villain of the serial. I had  stopped watching  the serial as I thought it is the khisa pita story line, when the marriage happened since then I think the serial evolved and since then I make it a point not to miss any episode (thanks to DVR )

DK character kept on evolving with each episode ( Indy's went down the drain ) I agree with his extraordinary talent he has the looks ( not handsome , dynamic personality, attractive in a certain way you know what I mean)  unlike the boy next door look, loves mom ( respected Dev- though was rude at times), and loves his lady ( bailed her out with vitamin M , big amount in crores) andI could keep on going but have to rush to work

Cheers Dee, will be looking forward to reading more of your posts

nikkitherealist Goldie
nikkitherealist
nikkitherealist

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Quite right Disha.
I hope the TD producers are not going to give DK a makeover. Although I think he can lose the excess jewellery which noone notices. Just keep to a single ring and a single earring.

As for the character traits - Don't want him going all mushy on us or Devdasi.
Asian Princess Goldie
Asian Princess
Asian Princess

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 11:09am | IP Logged

WOWWW!!! Great analysis Disha Clap its a round of appulase once again for you!!!I don't know how you do it you should seriously be a writer you've got great potential Big smile

When you combine the two articles toghether Dk is the aboustle perfect man he's not only got the personaltity but he also got the looks Wink loll Embarrassed

When he gets all soft and caring he just the cutest guy in the world aawwww Smile

As i said before he plays a hard arrogant guy to the outside world but hes a real sweet heart inside Embarrassed loll ASHISH is a WICKED actor Big smile

thanks disha your annalysis is seriously too good Clap

sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Clap wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww. good job...................Clap

Go to top