Mumbai Makeover !!!!

pagpri thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I saw a picture of Mumbai 2020 in this section of the forum. I wonder why the Government is not taking any actions for redeveloping the city. The slums r getting demolished... alrite, when they remove a slum from one area they r gonna be shifted to some other place... dont they realise that !!!

They need to really work this out like demolish and reconstruct the tenements and give them houses. The government says they cant afford to take loans from banks....(as per the leading newspapers - last week)

Then, I have heard about a few companies who want to give mumbai a makeover with foreign fund without touching the govenment expenses and providing all infrastructural facilities like roads, hospitals, free medical for 20 years, free insurance & maintanance for bldgs for 20 years, colleges, schools,  rebuild railway stations with icu units, water and solid waste management, fast transport, and many more facilities free of cost for the beneficiers of the project.

I wonder why the government is not looking at such stuff and just prolonging this issue for last 15 years. The Slum Redeveloment Scheme was adviced my late Hon'ble Rajiv Gandhi  and nothing has been done since then.

People of Mumbai and people who care please can u comment on this and give ur advice on this issue....

Thank you very much !  ur views and advices r welcome...........

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 19 years ago
is the pic of mumbai in 2020???
i can't belive it...lol
Ibad thumbnail