Posted: 12 years ago
Amrita's royal snub
September 26, 2011 DC

Most divorced parents with children bury the past and move on. But seems like Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh have not done so, going by her absence from her ex-father-in-law Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi's funeral. Amrita Singh distanced herself from the entire Pataudi family after her divorce had ended on a bitter note that left little space for any interaction between her and the family.

But many were surprised when she didn't turn up for Pataudi's last rites. "Both Sharmila and Pataudi shared a cordial relationship with Amrita. Yes, they had opposed Saif's decision to marry Amrita, who was much older than their son, but the kids bridged the gap between them. Saif's parents were extremely fond of their grand children," said a source close to Sharmila Tagore.

On the day of Pataudi's funeral, Amrita was very much in Mumbai. But the whereabouts of Sara and Ibrahim aren't known. "Amrita was saddened by the news of Pataudi's death. But she decided to mourn in silence. Going to the funeral would have been awkward for her, with Saif and Kareena present as well. She has not been in touch with the family after she made a statement that she was raising Sara and Ibrahim single handedly. She had accused Saif for not providing them any monetary help. That was the time she was desperately looking for work on TV and did Ekta Kapoor's Kavyanjali," says a source.

Family members say Sharmila wanted the grand children to be present for their grandfather's last journey. But sources close to Amrita say Sharmila never made much effort to be in touch with either Amrita or the grand kids. In fact there isn't one picture of them together. Even during the kids' birthdays the grand parents weren't present.

"Amrita has settled in a nice penthouse at Juhu, is single handedly bringing up her kids. She's bitter, feels she got a raw deal from Saif and his family," said our source.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/node/59313
Well we don't know what kind of equation she had with Saif's family. They didn't seem to like her it seems.
if this is true, i am team amrita. it would have tres akward for her to show up at a funeral and create MORE media hype when things can be averted with much discretion. in that, she respects the family and maintains dignity. 

With all due respect for the death of Patudi Sr., I don't blame Amrita. Why should she be the one sucking up to them when they obviously don't care her. She need not be present at the funeral to pay her respects, one can easily do so in private.

As far as Saif goes, shame on him for not being there for his kids. Scumbag.

She didnt have to come to the funeral..she has nothing to do with that family anymore if her ex-husband can't/ hasn't provided much/any  monetary help to her and her kids.  Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
I understand both the sides.

Family's side- Its a funeral. Should be there no matter what. Its a sad time, yada yada yada.

Amrita- Marriage ended on a bitter note. Never really in contact with the ex family. Raising kids single handed. Yeah...you can say its a funeral..how can she miss it..blah blah blah. But isn't it better to just mourn in private. Just because she didn't come doesn't mean she wasn't sad or it didn't effect her. When they don't even interact in happy moments..why should she after a death. She isn't really part of the family anymore..specially since she was never really liked. Yesh, you should never miss a funeral but you should never go just for the sake of it either. Go with heart, not because you "should".

Just something to think about. Things like this are always hard.
I dont undertsand though...Saif joined Amrita and the kids for  HOLIDAY last year, just last year.
The kids come over ot his house, he's SEEN taking them out to the movies, etc.

Infact THIS YEAR while he was shooting for Cocktail in London, Kareena joined him AND THE KIDS. So they were there together.

In 2007, Saif and Amrita were also spotted attending various functions together. Yes they ended on a bitter not, but post saif's heart attack in 2007, they had patched up adn become cordial.

I understand both sides, like fly2me said.
Originally posted by desigal90

I dont undertsand though...Saif joined Amrita and the kids for  HOLIDAY last year, just last year.
The kids come over ot his house, he's SEEN taking them out to the movies, etc.

Infact THIS YEAR while he was shooting for Cocktail in London, Kareena joined him AND THE KIDS. So they were there together.

In 2007, Saif and Amrita were also spotted attending various functions together. Yes they ended on a bitter not, but post saif's heart attack in 2007, they had patched up adn become cordial.

I understand both sides, like fly2me said.

are you sure about that? ðŸ˜†

seems like you only understand Saif & his family's side from this post of yours? ðŸ˜†
No I understand her side as well. I dont think anyone should be forced to go to a funeral just because they HAVE to. Remember, I'm the one who also supported kareena when she had to fly off to london for promotions without attending shammi jee's funeral.

But I'm confused as far as this article is concerned coz it amkes it seem like the kids, armita nad saif are on icy relations, when it seems otherwise.
I've seen saif with the kids at so many events, not to mention that the family members have disclosed how the kids come over to spend time with their father as well.

I dont think they share the kinda relationship this article is projecting.
Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by desigal90

No I understand her side as well. I dont think anyone should be forced to go to a funeral just because they HAVE to. Remember, I'm the one who also supported kareena when she had to fly off to london for promotions without attending shammi jee's funeral.

But I'm confused as far as this article is concerned coz it amkes it seem like the kids, armita nad saif are on icy relations, when everything else makes it seem otherwise.
The kids also showed up to one of Saif's promotional stints for LAK and spent that time with the grandparents as well backstage.
I dont think they share the kinda relationship this article is projecting.

Well, just because we may see one thing doesn't necessarily mean that's how everything really is (just stating the obvious here). In terms of kids, at the end of the day, Saif is their dad..if he chooses to spend time with them Amrita can't really not allow it..and we may see it all through the media and whatnot, but who knows what really goes on. It's not like we're provided with the expenses Saif covers for his kids or anything..or what Amrita had to go through post her divorce, or how Saif's parents were with her during their marriage and after the marriage..etc etc.