Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Parents as best friends?

White-Rose IF-Rockerz
White-Rose
White-Rose

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Many of my friends says that their mother is like best friend for them but is it possible to find friends in parents. I agree parent play very important role in our life but i dont think its possible to share everything with parents. Many even cant  dare to speak truth in front of parents as i had seen many children making fake story so that they enjoy their life. Just few days back one of my friend wants to go out with her group members but she knew that her mom will not allow if she ask for hanging out with group. She just told her mom that its her best friend's b'day party and guess what her mom allowed her to go there.  Its not good to lie but at a same time its important to enjoy life.

Many parents r open minded but still we cant share each and everything with parents. A girl cant discuss about her boy frd with parents neither a boy can discuss about his girl friend. So how could we say that parents r like best friends for us? Still there r many who belive that their parents r best friend for them but according to me friend is one with whom u can share everything even a most shitty thing. You cant feel hesitate to talk about ur first crush with ur friend but u cant talk such things in front ur parents. If u had ever gone through break up and u need some1 than ofcource u cant become emotional in front of parents but can cry when ur friend is around.

In short there r many things for which we need someone of our age to understand. Is it possible to find best friend in parents?

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Perhaps a girl and a mum and a son and a dad can be on more friendly terms as time goes.
Dads give in to daughters easily as a mum does to a son.
Parents should always be respected no matter how friendly the terms are.
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged

I think,If the child is afraid of the parent, then the friendship not posible...if your parents  impose their ideas into you or put conditions or  force you to do what they saying...then also you cant do friendship with ur parents...and I think parents who are not respectful to thr children are bound to destroy thir lives..I think after teenage, parents just give their opinion,direction,protection n love n let them free..then friendship is posible otherwise difficult..Smile

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
No, I do not think a parent should be a child/teen's friend. Whether they can or cannot is another matter. A parent needs to have authority over their child/teen to teach them from right or wrong. If they become their "friend," you lose all that control. you don't have any power to change them. Sure, you will know more about them because they will open up to you, but what good is it knowing what you child/teen is up to, if you do not have the power to get them to change? You lose that authority that a parent MUST have over every child/teen. parents should respect their child/teen, but not become friends, because that will blur the line and it will put the parents on the same level as the child/teen, making the child/teen think that they don't have to listen to their parents.

However, like Prometeus said, when a child/teen becomes old enough that they do not need to be under control, parents can and should become friends. A friend who is there to guide you and stand by you no matter what. You should be free from that 'authority' at this point and should make your own decisions. and a parent, at this point of your life, should be nothing more than a friend.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 26 September 2011 at 12:34am | IP Logged

What is the most important role of a parent ?

I think it is that of a teacher so that they can teach a child how to live properly as a good human being and also get a proper education.

So the question is how should the parent go about fulfilling this duty ?

I gues they will have to wear many hats.
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 September 2011 at 2:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 26 September 2011 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by Summer3

Parents should always be respected no matter how friendly the terms are.

True there.

Yep if we cannot be nice to parents then our life and education is a failure. Forget about any favour from the Gods either.

Most parents love their children, but there are a few exceptions due to certain mental problems.

Go to top