Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Dr.Ashutosh is Dr.Nidhi's uncle

soulstarspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Hii everyone πŸ˜›

This is my very first post in this forum..I hope am welcomed here πŸ˜ƒ
Am really excited about KTLK and really looking forward to it...I was so desperate to know the concept/story of the show that i started Googling about The classic Dhoop Kinarey and found out that there the lead actor was lead actress' uncle,her mother's brother and both of them are not aware of this fact.
So it means in KTLK Dr. Ashutosh is gonna be Dr.Nidhi's uncle and both are unware of this fact nd falls in love with each other.
And now this very thing is irritating me that whether it will be accepted or not in India because in Muslim religion you can marry to anyone even your first cousion,it is very much acceptable and that's why may be in Dhoop kinarey the love/romantic relationship of the leads was accepted but ,KTLK ,we know that it has been set up in India in Bhopal with Hindu culture and values and i think such type of romantic relationship is not accepted here

PS:No offence to anyone nor any actor neither any culture or community or country.This topic is entirely meant for discussion purpose and not bashing.I hope it is well recieved πŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

This factor is bothering me as well but let's see what the show brings with it. Btw even in Muslim religion, i don't think you can marry you uncle. Yes, cousins can marry each other but certainly an uncle and his niece can't marry. Am really confused as to what they will show in KTLK.

Natasha_shaikh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
agree.!! but in Muslim religion you can't marry your uncle.. If Dr ashutosh is her mother's brother then he will b Nidh's Mamu and You can't marry your mamu. 

Edited by .natasha - 12 years ago
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I am sure such major controversial issues won't be taken up in the show since Indian audiences are too sensitive to handle such stuff.
There can be a different twist like Ashutosh having a disturbed or broken marriage adding to the age difference issue which can be a reason of Ashutosh abstaining from Nidhi.
This is just my guess, I gave an example to explain my point. An earlier Sony show "Ek Ladki Anjani Si" also feature a love angle between Nikhil and Ananya where Nikhil was already married and Ananya was an accidental surrogate mother of Nikhil's child.
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Actually, If they stick with the original story, Dr. Ashutosh was adopted by Nidhi's grandfather or something, so technically there is no blood relation between them.  
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I think they will stick to the original concept only.
shamil thumbnail
Zoya's mother  (in DK) was not the real sister of Dr.Ahmer. He was adopted by zoya's grandfather after her mother married her father and went away against his wish. Had they lived together, zoya wud have ended up calling ahmer 'uncle'. But they never knew each other. So I dont think it will turn into a controversial subject if adopted in hindi version.
Muslims donot marry their uncles. Zoya was shown accepted by ahmer coz he was no blood relation.
By the way in Tamil Nadu, the hindus do have this custom of marrying one's sister's daughter if I am not wrong.

-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: shamil

Zoya's mother  (in DK) was not the real sister of Dr.Ahmer. He was adopted by zoya's grandfather after her mother married her father and went away against his wish. Had they lived together, zoya wud have ended up calling ahmer 'uncle'. But they never knew each other. So I dont think it will turn into a controversial subject if adopted in hindi version.
Muslims donot marry their uncles. Zoya was shown accepted by ahmer coz he was no blood relation.
By the way in Tamil Nadu, the hindus do have this custom of marrying one's sister's daughter if I am not wrong.

you're right😊
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I dunno about Tamil Nadu but in AP they have the custom.
Btw even I dont think there would any controversy since Nidhi and Ashutosh are not blood relatives and he was never her uncle when she grew up.
..Amira.. thumbnail
Nooo.. In muslim religion Uncle n niecee can't be married.. I think Ashu is Nidhi's mom friend;;