Interview with Juhi Parmar (2004)

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Juhi Parmar

"I cannot relate to Kumkum"

By Natasha Havewala

Cool looking youngsters in trendy outfits dance to the tunes of a rap song in a misty disc. Amidst the fun, a tussle between two guys turns the raucous noise into grave silence. Enters a sari- clad woman in green. Her hair tied up with make- up and sindoor applied to perfection. She desperately intervenes and impedes the fight.

Cut!!!! announces the director. The woman turns and walks towards me with a smile. "We have been shooting since morning. It's hectic but I am enjoying every bit of it," she dimples.

Adulation, popularity and the best patni award at the Star Parivaar honours hasn't induced an iota of pride in this girl who always dreamt of becoming an actress. With Kumkum, her dreams are almost fulfilled.

The Ujjain born Juhi says she nurtured the dream of becoming an actress ever since she remembers. "Acting was a growing passion within me. I didn't want to be anything but an actress," she says.

On her serials
"I literally lived the role of Shaheen (her debut serial on Sony) and my performance was greatly appreciated." But the end to the serial did not end her zeal. "Most of the offers I got were similar to Shaheen and I wanted to do something different. I wanted to break the Muslim girl image I had till then. That's when Kumkum happened.

"Breaking an image can be tough as you are identified with that character. It was a bigger challenge for me to break through the Muslim girl image and imbibe the image of a Hindu bahu. None of us expected the serial to become so popular. Although Kumkum is an afternoon sitcom, the best patni award was least expected. Kumkum gave me the identity of a versatile actress," she beams.

On playing Kumkum
"I cannot relate to Kumkum," she laughs. "Kumkum is an extremely self-sacrificing woman and I can never be that. I neither have her patience nor her sober temperament. So, how does she play the role to such aptness? "I guess I am a good actress," she smiles.

"In fact, I relate to Chanda. She is closer to my heart. I have always played these sacrificing, pain-filled characters but while playing Chanda, I could show the lighter side to my acting, which was a refreshing change. She is extremely blunt and transparent and that's how I am. Also, it gave me an opportunity to showcase my talent in a different way."

So, is the serial going 20 years ahead?

"I hope it doesn't," she shudders. "I don't wish to play a mother when my onscreen daughter would be just my age. Right now, there are no such plans as there is enough of a story."

Her favourite co-star
"Hussain and I are like buddies. We share a great chemistry off screen and I guess that's the reason our onscreen chemistry seems so loveable. Although we had done an ad for Noga juice some years ago, we were never friends then. It's only after a year after Kumkum happened that we became friends. He is very shy and reserved whereas I am an extrovert and love making friends. We play pranks on one another and have a great time on the sets. I know I can depend on him in times of crises."

Talk about falling in love with your co-star, and pat comes her reply. "I share a colossal friendship with all my co-stars. Right now, I am enjoying my work and my success. Marriage can wait.

But I wish to fall in love with someone who is sensitive and makes me laugh. He should also have a wicked smile and expressive eyes."

from indiantelevision.com 2004 archives

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 9:38am | IP Logged

HE[HUSSAIN] is shy and reserved.......TongueI don't think so that HUSSAIN is shy and reserved rather he is bold and full of life.This is one of the reasons of HUSSAIN'S success.

"he should have a wicked smile and expressive eyes"BUT HUSSAIN has all these qualities infact ,so yy is juhi saying like this...Confused

HUSSAIN has all the qualities of a perfect gentleman,the qualities which every girl finds in her partner.SmileEmbarrassedI THINK JUHI IS NOT THE TYPE OF HUSSAIN's girl,she doesn't deserve to be the life partner of our lovely HUSSAIN...!![I m saying all this b'coz of her [juhi's] own comments.].

damsel111 IF-Rockerz
damsel111
damsel111

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
haha u sure zara ur saying this cuz of juhis comments n not for urselfWink 
damsel111 IF-Rockerz
damsel111
damsel111

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 12:40pm | IP Logged

in PKP last week juhi said to hussain aap main koi burai hai he nahi n hussain was like haii.. hehe was a nice tiny interview

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 10:30am | IP Logged

thanx 4 the little info damsel...LOL

Shilpa07 IF-Dazzler
Shilpa07
Shilpa07

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 10:42am | IP Logged
this interview is not new it's old....but anyways thanx for sharing itTongue
Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
But I wish to fall in love with someone who is sensitive and makes me laugh. He should also have a wicked smile and expressive eyes."
Doesn't she mean Sumit coz he has wicked smile and expressive eyes.

I early watched kk interview in which she also said that she is some like chanda but not like kumkum in her real life.

Thx for posting the interview.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top