Suggestions / Comments

Need of a Moderator for YMGGK or Authority.

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
I'm a member of the Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli Forum :

Currently i am doing the Daily Written Updates (Monday till Wednesday) after the forum was having problem with delayed written update. The issue that i have been facing is:

• I could not make my post a sticky note and it always gets pushed back as any new posts comes in.
  •  Another issue i would like to address is that we currently don't have a moderator for our forum and even if we have, they are not active. We really do need a moderator as in recent times, many new threads have been opened just to address the same topic or discussion which i believe is redundancy and this eventually pushes back the important updates. Currently me and another member Cutiepie Rani have been managing and keep trying to ask the members not to open multiple threads but it is not really working. So i hope either one of us can be selected as the Moderator and give me the privilege to make my written updates be a sticky note. 
  • Thirdly, i really need to make the updates i write as it takes time and effort writing the updates but i just found out that its being blindly copied to different websites and its really sad to see no credits being given but its just a simple copy and paste.
  • http://www.writtenupdate.com/2011/09/yahan-main-ghar-ghar-kheli-21st-sept.html
  • Is there anyway i can make the written updates i do become private or no copy allowed and make it sticky. How do i apply to become a moderator as its really important Confused
Please, Kindly do look into this.

Thank You and Regards,

Vishaline

Edited by vishalinie - 25 September 2011 at 5:29am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Need of a Moderator for YMGGK or Authority." in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 3:46pm | IP Logged

Hey Vishalinie,

Due to the sections low traffic, DT were not considered but you can PM the GMs to sticky and handle issues. 

About the copying, unfortunately there is some people out there who copies others hard work.  Perhaps you can use membersonly and no copy tag?

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Hey Vishalinie,

Due to the sections low traffic, DT were not considered but you can PM the GMs to sticky and handle issues. 

About the copying, unfortunately there is some people out there who copies others hard work.  Perhaps you can use membersonly and no copy tag?

Hi Aahaana,

Can you help to suggest, who may i PM to get the problem solved as i PM-ed Vijay but i yet to get any response yet.

As for the copying, i shall start using it in today's written updates and let me see if the updates are still being copied Smile

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 27 September 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged

Hey Vishalinie,

Hey Aahaana. The section has been becoming more active by the day and we need a moderator for the section. The place is becoming a mess & as a coolbie I don't have any special permissions to close/lock/sticky threads (other than mine). It can get quite frustrating having to PM the GM's to sticky threads as GMs come online at all different times. I can only make my threads a sticky and not anyone else's. Princessonline (Riya) has permission to lock/sticky threads. But she's not on as often. Ramas di was our channel moderator and a huge help to the section, but now she is not here anymore. :( So we really need a moderator for the section who has permission to clean up the forum. And I'm willing to take on that responsibility if no one else is.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-VishaD-

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 27 September 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Hey Vishalinie,

Hey Aahaana. The section has been becoming more active by the day and we need a moderator for the section. The place is becoming a mess & as a coolbie I don't have any special permissions to close/lock/sticky threads (other than mine). It can get quite frustrating having to PM the GM's to sticky threads as GMs come online at all different times. I can only make my threads a sticky and not anyone else's. Princessonline (Riya) has permission to lock/sticky threads. But she's not on as often. Ramas di was our channel moderator and a huge help to the section, but now she is not here anymore. :( So we really need a moderator for the section who has permission to clean up the forum. And I'm willing to take on that responsibility if no one else is.

I agree with Rani and you can make her the moderator as long as we have one for the forum to lock and make the topics sticky. Hope someone can help with this Confused

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
mods/admins please do look into this.

-VishaD-

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks vishaline for the updates. All coolbies should have permissions to sticky their topics that is just to avoid what you mentioned. If you have been updating for some time then we will surely get you promoted to coolbie so that your hardwork is appreciated

We did have a DT for this section however we are cleaning up the inactive members of the DT so we get a better understanding of which section is in need of help. So once we complete the overhaul of the inactive members and we find sections that do have traffic then we will get  DT for those sections.

The copying issue is a challenge we have faced . We do have a watermark that we ask all our coolbies to put in their posts. [NO COPY] . This infact disables right click and quote options and also has the IF logo on this. Also we have a [MEMBERS ONLY] tag that limits the posts to be viewed only by members who are logged in. We are working to find what else we can do but unfortunately we are limited to technology .

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana-VishaD-Sano88Cutiepie Rani

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya.nair

Thanks vishaline for the updates. All coolbies should have permissions to sticky their topics that is just to avoid what you mentioned. If you have been updating for some time then we will surely get you promoted to coolbie so that your hardwork is appreciated

We did have a DT for this section however we are cleaning up the inactive members of the DT so we get a better understanding of which section is in need of help. So once we complete the overhaul of the inactive members and we find sections that do have traffic then we will get  DT for those sections.

The copying issue is a challenge we have faced . We do have a watermark that we ask all our coolbies to put in their posts. [NO COPY] . This infact disables right click and quote options and also has the IF logo on this. Also we have a [MEMBERS ONLY] tag that limits the posts to be viewed only by members who are logged in. We are working to find what else we can do but unfortunately we are limited to technology .

First of all thank you so much for replying! I understand being an admin of such a large worldwide forum in a tough job & us members really need to appreciate all your hard work into making this a better better! Hopefully the section gets a moderator soon. I'm willing to take up the responsibility if no one else is. Good luck with all of this. I know it's a tough job and it will take time. Hopefully it is done in a timely manner. We will be patient.

-VishaD-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top