India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Karan Johar interview KWK

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 5:07am | IP Logged

Koffee With KaranSTAR Plus' mega show celebrity chat show Koffee With Karan launched earlier this month and has been crowned a major hit. Biz Asia met up with the man responsible for the huge show, film director Karan Johar. We spoke to him about his new found TV fame and his future in films. Enjoy this piece.

How did the idea of Koffee With Karan come to you?
I sat with STAR, I've always wanted to do a candid, conversational and chatty talk show with the vibe of a lounge chat. Because I have very close equations with the fraternity. I wanted it to be very comfortable, and with me there is no air of formality. STAR, they liked the idea, and I always have two guests every time and so it's a two on one, instead of a one on one, and that makes a strong base of conversation. I came up with the name because coffee is something you have over conversations and that's the kind of vibe of the show.

What was the best thing about the concept of the show that helped you make the decision to do it?

It's candid talk. Also I know the guests personally, there are about 50-60 of us and we're all there for each other. They feel comfortable because they are talking to me. Everyone's been really kind.

The show has already been dubbed a major hit in India, what do you think it is about the show that has struck a chord with the viewers?

I think the fact that it's an easy chat. Nobody's artificial or, you know, there's a lot of irreverence on the show, which I think is interesting to watch. It's entertaining, there's always something at the end of the show that has a spark. The guests are my close friends and we get on very well. That's the secret of the success of the show I think. You can watch guests like Rani, Kareena, Aishwaya, Sunny, Bobby etc that you would not see on other shows. The show is very entertaining to stay tuned to STAR Plus every Sunday at 9pm.

Koffee With Karan on STARWho has been the most memorable couple to appear on the show?

That would be Shah Rukh and Kajol, I started off with them in my career and in my career as a talk show host, so I think that will always be two people that started me off. But my dream came true when I interviewed Mr Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek - that episode will air on STAR Plus on 27th March at 9pm.

Have you decided what you're doing next in terms of TV after your current run of Koffee With Karan?
Doing Koffee with Karan with STAR has been so much fun, but at the moment no, this is it.

In your busy working schedule do you even get time to view TV? If so, what's your current favourite show?
I watch a lot of TV dramas on DVD. I don't watch a lot of TV because I don't have the time, but if at all I watch English dramas like Friends or 24, otherwise I am always at work. Ekta Kapoor's shows on STAR Plus are very good and I would love to follow them but don't have the time.

Koffee With Karan with BachansHave you got any plans to make a mega TV drama/soap?
No, don't like to venture into things I don't know. Television is not my area, and Ekta is the queen of TV she does it best.

Can you see a TV version of your films Kal Ho Naa Ho and K3G working on Indian TV?
I don't know, I think film and TV are very different mediums, I don't know how they could be adapted.

How would you compare your experiences working on TV to film?
Television is a completely different ball game from cinema.

What's in store for Karan in 2005...
Making more movies and erm more good movies!

Coming up on Koffee With Karan

6th March: Aishwarya & Sanjay Leela Bhansali
13th March: Fardeen Khan & Zayed Khan
20th March:Farah Khan & Gurinder Khan
27th March: Amitabh Bachchan & Abhishek Bachchan

In April

Suzanne Roshan & Gauri Khan
Shobha De & Shabana Azmi
Sunny & Bobby Deol
Ekta Kapoor & Sunita Menon

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/content/archives/2005/02/i nterview_with_3.php

the dates are for the UK people coz we have only had the show since Feb http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/content/archives/2005/02/i nterview_with_3.phphttp://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/content/archives/2005/02/i nterview_with_3.phpEmbarrassed

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 8:41am | IP Logged

wow!

thanx 4 sharing!!

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 9:59am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Ibad Senior Member
Ibad
Ibad

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
thx for sharring this beautiful interview of Karan.
loveneha_r Goldie
loveneha_r
loveneha_r

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
oh they are repeating them all again...
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 27 February 2005 at 2:19pm | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing. Smile

jatt di pasand Groupbie
jatt di pasand