Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Buniyaad returns back to TV

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:57am | IP Logged

Buniyaad is a timeless classic that not only wowed audiences of its time but also ended up creating an impact on generations to come.

Starting in 1987, the show went on for a period of one and a half year.

The cast included Alok Nath, Anita Kanwar, Sudhir Pandey, Neena Gupta, Kruttika Desai, Mazhar Khan, Kanwaljeet Singh, Vijayendra Ghatge and others.

Here's asking some of the cast members of Buniyaad their reactions to the show coming back on air.

Kruttika Desai
Character's name : Mangala
Next change after Buniyaad:  I got married and took a break for about two years
Fav memory:  Mr Sippy was very particular about actors coming on time. I remember there was this day when I had to report on the sets at 7 in the morning. Unfortunately my car broke down at Goregaon that day at 6-30. I had to walk down till the station, get a cab and report to the shoot. I was really nervous that I would get solid firing from Mr Sippy. By the time I reached it was post 9 o clock and he had already started shooting. Thankfully he figured I had a genuine cause and didn't fire me.
If Buniyaad was remade:  I think Chhavi Hussein should play me

Vijayendra Ghatge
Character's name :
Brij Bhan
Next change after Buniyaad : Did a show called Talaash with Hrishikesh Mukherjee.
Fav memory : Buniyaad was a milestone in my career. There are lots of fond memories I have a lot of fond memories attached with the show. It was amazing working with a talented director and a star cast of that magnitude where eeveryone was so creative and always ready to help.
If Buniyaad was remade : I cant think of anyone particular, but the fact that it's a timeless classic, means that any good character who understands the depth of the role can essay it well.

Kiran Joneja
Characters Name
: Veerawalli
Next change : Mahabharat
Fav memory : I met Mr Sippy for the first time on the sets of the show. I didn't know anything about him before that. My secretary whisked me off from the airport to the Buniyaad studios, as they were conducting auditions for a role. I used to do modelling those days, so I went there wearing a short skirt and a blouse. He saw me and asked me if I was open to play an older role, to which I said I had no issues of any kind. What surprised me is that even though I had worn western outfits, he could see the Veera in me.
If Buniyaad was remade :  I don't think Buniyaad should be touched, or ever remade.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Buniyaad returns back to TV" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top