Saif-Kareena's happy hair 'hallo'ween

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:52am | IP Logged

Kareena Kapoor
If you're looking for a  couple that's a study on contrasts, look no further. Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor are going get as physically dissimilar as humanly possible  in Vishal Bhardawaj's Othello.

Saif who was sporting  shoulder-length hair  until the Screen awards last week(where his tresses seemed as  long as  his co-star Vidya Balan's)  has gone for a crew-cut to play  Vishal's Uttar Pradeshi version of   Shakespeare's evil Iago.

"The shoulder-length hair gave me the right look for my rock concert  in Delhi last month. For Vishal's film I was contemplating various looks. Going completely bald is not an option.  So I've gone for a crew-cut. It gives me the North Indian loutish look."

Before

After

Saif Ali Khan Saif Ali Khan
Kareena turns Rapunzel

But wait…Kareena  goes the other way. She's currently at  home growing her lovely tresses really, really long. 

If you've read Shakespeare you'd know Desdemona's lengthy hair is  a matter of poetic proclamations for her jealous husband. Vishal has asked his leading lady to grow her hair really really long. It would arguably be the longest hair ever in Hindi  cinema.

Shabana's hairy story

So it's Saif's crew-cut against Kareena's long-flowing tresses. How would the pair look together?

The last and only time Saif and Kareena came together in LOC, Shabana Azmi said, "In that one shot where Kareena had to react to her husband's body being brought back, *mere to rongte khade ho gaye*(my 'hair' stood on end). It's one of  the best shots I've seen  by a female actor."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saif-Kareena's happy hair 'hallo'ween" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top