Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Govinda ditches Sallu and shooting

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:51am | IP Logged

Producer Mukesh Talreja faced huge losses when Govinda cancelled two days shooting at Rishikesh to come to Mumbai for Stardust awards to felicitate Dilip Kumar.

Salman and a unit of 80 people were left stranded. And the tardy actor reached Mumbai after the awards show was over, so it was all a waste.

The film Govinda was shooting for is Salam-E-Ishq and is a remake of Love Actually and is being directed by Nikhil Advani

Bahana 1: I've been framed

When asked about the confusion, Govinda blames Stardust. He says that the organisers were aware of his tight schedule for in Rishikesh and yet wanted him to turn up for the event. "I have been framed," he accuses.

When asked why he simply didn't refuse to attend, Govinda says Stardust publisher Nira Hira threatened him with negative publicity. He adds, "I wish that Hira had provided a helicopter facility which would have facilitated the matters. This is a planned exercise against me."

Banaha 2: Chopper nahin diya

Mukesh Talreja, whose unit was left stranded in Rishikesh by Govinda and who suffered huge losses, however stands by the actor.

"I told Hira to provide Govinda with a chopper but he did not listen. If he'd agreed then the actor would have saved six hours of car driving, from Rishikesh to Delhi and taken a much earlier flight and reached the awards ceremony in Mumbai in time."

Bahana 3: Flight was delayed

Govinda says further, "Not only was I denied the copter facility, but I wasn't paid for my plane tickets either." Govinda claims that he was in time for the 6.45 pm flight from Delhi but the flight was delayed, so he booked on the next Jet Airways flight, which took off only at 8 pm.

"At one point, I was told that I need not come. But how could I withdraw? Dilip Saab is a legend and it was going to be one of the proudest moments in my life."

Putting up a brave front and siding with Govinda, Talreja signs off with, "I did not suffer any losses. Govinda went straight to Dilip Saab's home.

Thereafter, he caught the 4 am Air India flight back to Delhi and drove back to Rishikesh. He was at the shooting site by 12 noon and we shot all his portions. The Rishikesh schedule was slated for three days and we did not go into the fourth day."

Nari Hira says...

I spoke to Govinda at 1 pm on Sunday and he told me that he was in Jaipur and he was certainly coming.

After half-an-hour, Mukesh Talreja called to say that Govinda was shooting for Salam-E-Ishq in Rishikesh. Govinda called my executive assistant, Mario Ferreira, at 5.30 pm saying that he was in Delhi and going to catch the 6.45 pm flight.

Than again at 6.45 pm we got a call from him that he was coming by a later flight! The 6.45 pm flight arrived on time, which we checked with the airport officials, but he was not on board.

Clearly he did not make it to the 6.45 pm. flight. What on earth was going on? Why couldn't Govinda clearly tell me that he wouldn't be able to make it when he made the first call at 1 pm?

That time he told me that I could count on him to walk in by 7.30 pm. Why should I be forcing him to make it? Why would we be wanting to spread negative buzz about him? We have better things to do. And why should I supply a helicopter if he cannot bridge the distance in time? We don't provide such facilities, so why now?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Govinda ditches Sallu and shooting" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top