Victor Bannerjee goes commercial

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sheetald

IF-Rockerz

sheetald

Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:50am | IP Logged

Victor Bannerjee
Anil Sharma who's working with the Deols— Dharmendra , Sunny and Bobby— for a family film Apne has also roped in an unusual member in  his cast.

The amazingly talented Victor Bannerjee has joine d the conventional cast of Apne to play one of his most prominent roles in Hindi commercial cinema.

Related to the Deols

The Bengali actor best known for his absolutely riveting performance in David  Lean's A Passage To India and Satyajit Ray's Ghair Bhaire, will be seen as the Deols' family friend who cements the fissures in  the family framework.  It's a pivotal role  for  the seasoned actor who  was last seen as Sanjay Suri's bigoted father in My Brother Nikhil.

Dharmendra and Bobby Deol
"I still need that one big commercial film in Mumbai that will put me there on the Bollywood map," sighs Victor who's just returned from London after shooting for  debutant director Neil Biswas' Karim's Story. "Karim's Story is   based on the Bradford riots.

Sunny Deol
It's the story two brothers who got held   for anti-social activities. I play their father. After My Brother Nikhil, this was yet another role where I play a harassed father. Neil who's written several successful plays, is very good at his work. He was a pleasure to work with."

Victor's kitty

From Neil Biswas to Anil Sharma is a long way off. But Victor is happy to make the leap." At my age I'm looking at roles that would help expand my horizons. I don't think enough people have seen my work. I'm looking for that mass acceptance which would put a zing into my career," says Victor who's off-and-on made forays into Bollywood for Shyam Benegal's Kalyug, Lekh Tandon's Doosri Dulhan and Ram Gopal Varma's Bhoot.

He divides his time between Mussourrie and Kolkata. "But I'd love to make Mumbai my home too," Victor quips.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Victor Bannerjee goes commercial" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top