Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (KANK) directed by Karan Johar, centers on the budding romance between Shahrukh Khan and Rani Mukerji — both married to different people.
Rani is married to Amitabh and Shah Rukh is married to Urmila. Both the couples are settled into a life of domestic routine, and are convinced that they are happy in their respective relationships, yet the protagonists still yearn for something deeper and more meaningful, which is precisely what they find in each other.
From a relationship starting off in pleasant barbs, the two begin to develop and acknowledge the feelings they have beneath the surface. When their feelings come to the fore, what results is a collision of lives and emotions, affecting everyone involved and changing them forever.
Movie spoiler's defense to why do it?
Because sometimes, you're not allowed any access to the movie that everyone's talking about and are dying to know what the hubbub is about anyway.
Trivia about KANK
• Arjun Rampal replaced John Abraham.
• Rani Mukerji will play the role that was originally written with Kajol in mind.
• Rani Mukerji was due to play Preity Zinta's role before Kajol declined to do the film. When Kajol declined, Rani Mukerji got her role and Preity Zinta got Mukerji's former role.
• The original cast Karan Johar had in mind was, Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Ajay Devgan and Rani Mukerji.
• Karan Johar has written the story and screenplay of this movie alongwith Shibani Bathija who is also the writer of Fanaah.
• The story of this film is rumoured to be inspired from the Hollywood film, Closer
• Like previous movies written by Karan Johar (Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and Kal Ho Naa Ho), this one has also a four-word-title and will start with a "K".
• This movie was shot in New York City, Westchester, New York, New Jersey, New Haven, Philadelphia and East Hartford, Connecticut from September 2005-December 2005 and the remaining shoots will be completed in Mumbai. It is Karan Johar's second production after Kal Ho Naa Ho to be shot extensively in the US.
• Rumoured to include a cameo appearance by Kajol who has been a part in every Karan Johar directed movie.
• This movie is slated for release in May/June 2006.