Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

saisamanvi

IF-Dazzler

saisamanvi

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 9:42am | IP Logged
hi guys i am new this forum...
An interview with Kamlesh Pandey, scriptwriter of Sony's new show, Kuch To Log Kahenge, an adaptation of the popular '80s Pakistani serial, Dhoop Kinare. Kamlesh Pandey doesn't need any introduction. Many of us would remember him as the scriptwriter of films like Tezaab and popular
Doordarshan serials like Karamchand. Younger viewers probably know him better as the scriptwriter of Rang De Basanti, Delhi 6 and the recent Aarakshan.

Kamlesh PandeyNow, Pandey is making a comeback to the small screen after a hiatus of nearly sixteen years (he headed Zee TV from 1992-95) with an adaptation of one of the most popular and romantic Pakistani serials of the '80s Dhoop Kinare (the serial is called Kuch To Log Kahenge and it's for Sony). We caught up with Kamlesh Pandey on a recent visit to the capital.

You are finally coming back to the small screen after several years. What took you so long and what do you feel about TV today?

TV is a great medium, in fact, if I may say so; it is a much bigger medium than cinema. The kind of impact that TV has, cinema can never have. However, I am not too keen on the kind of shows that are being shown on various channels today. The saas-bahu serials as well as the reality shows are not my cup of tea at all. If I may say so, the golden age of TV went away with Doordarshan. People still talk about serials like Hum Log, Buniyaad, Tamas and several others. Reality TV on the other hand has definitely helped in discovering new talent but my only problem is that what happens to all those people after they have had their fifteen minutes of fame. I love TV yet I hate it for what it couldn't be.

You are making a comeback with a serial that is an adaptation of perhaps one of the best romantic stories of all times. Will it work?
Kuch to log kahengeI feel that due to the saas-bahu genre, romance has completely disappeared from TV. Every serial seems to be like a remake of something else on another channel. And then I saw Bade Achche Lagte Hain and I realised how it was such a different serial. So real and believable. And the TRPs are showing what everybody feels about it. Both Ram and Sakshi are doing a brilliant job. And I'm hopeful that people will really like Kuch To Log Kahenge.

Is the story of Kuch To… a complete lift of Dhoop Kinare or have you made changes? Did you need to take permission from Pakistan TV?

Kuch To. is an adaptation of Dhoop Kinare where I have tried to recreate the same magic by taking a similar storyline and the same characters. Since it will be a daily soap, I have added more characters. As far as permissions were concerned, Haseena Moin, the writer of Dhoop Kinare really made an exception this time and even spoke to Pakistan TV about giving us permission. And I am hoping that just like Dhoop Kinare in the '80s, Kuch To… will also help to create better ties between India and Pakistan.

What about the lead pair, do you think they can recreate the magic of Dr Ahmer Ansari and Dr Zoya Khan?

From the day that I started to write this serial, I always had Mohnish Bahl in my mind. I really like him as an actor and he is the perfect choice for this role. I would have loved to pick Sakshi for the female lead as I really admire her work also. Unfortunately, we needed a younger girl for this. But I have no regret in picking up Kritika Kamra. I did workshops with both of them to check out their chemistry and comfort levels and Kritika actually surprised me. She delivered the magic and got into the skin of the character without trying to emulate Marina (Zoya) in any way. It will be a treat to watch them together.

Given that TRPs rule over everything else, what are your expectations from the serial and will you be willing to make changes for the sake of TRPs?

Truly, TRPs are everything for channels these days. In fact, I have my own little joke about it that more than any other god or goddess, all channels pray the maximum to TRP Mata to keep them in her good books. Like any other writer who is passionate about his work, I also would want the serial to get maximum TRPs and a big following not just in India but in Pakistan too. Hopefully love will conquer all.

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

me_4everk_sally.86ayesha109shrutireddygr8Armu4evamahwishsolankiDu_NishjustpratiKevaishakumar.nimmi.ShiningStar18shibzshamilcuttieemoonkmhRajiniliciousRockChicGirlshanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I love TV yet I hate it: Kamlesh Pandey" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rajinilicious

IF-Stunnerz

Rajinilicious

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Smile

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged
thank u for the article
KP is an amazing script writer and hence we can expect a really wonderful story . So he always had MB in his mind when he thought of DK adaptation. Now that should answer those who cry for a 'hot, young' actorLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaDu_Nishjustpratimahwishsolankishanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article Kamlesh Pandey is a good writer and KTLK will definitely get some good scores

moonkmh

IF-Stunnerz

moonkmh

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharng. Its really big thng dat KP is doing d script. Cnt wait 4 dis nw. N i luv what he said abt kritz...

Saranghae

IF-Addictz

Saranghae

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
thanxx 4 d article!!

justprati

Goldie

justprati

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 12:38am | IP Logged
yep luv wil conquer all
so happie abt d words he spoke for kittu...
ya its gonna b a treat to watch them both...
thnx 4d article :)

.nimmi.

IF-Dazzler

.nimmi.

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 1:01am | IP Logged

thanx for the articleSmile..

it was a very interesting and nice interview..
hope this show performs well in TRPs and content both..!!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.