shezad roy defends song

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sania786

sania786

Posted: 19 January 2006 at 3:47am | IP Logged

Shehzad Roy defends song

By jung news correspondent

KARACHI: Popular singer Shehzad Roy has defended his latest song which is stirring up some controversy. Roy issued a press statement on Saturday in which he said that the song "Sali tu Mani Nahin" is not intended to, and does not, offend our cultural sensibilities or decorum.

The song is based on a story revolving around three characters: Munna Bhai (which role is played by the famous artist Javed Shaikh), his wife and his sister in law, that is, his "Sali". "The character I play in this video is that of a neighbourhood boy who is in love with the Sali and is heartbroken because she would not agree to marry him, hence the title of the song," says Roy.

In his press statement, Roy adds: "Any objection to the word "Sali" is entirely misplaced. Although I am aware that in certain quarters in the subcontinent the word is not used in an entirely positive sense, I insist that this is definitely not the only sense in which this word is used. All you to do is to take a look at our popular wedding songs. The word "Sali" is used very commonly and with no negative connotations whatsoever. The word also features in plays and in commonly used expressions such as "Sali aadhi Gharwali". It all depends on the tone in which the word is spoken and in my song it is not spoken in a negative tone at all."

Roy also says in his statement "I maintain that I am not only a responsible singer but also a responsible citizen of Pakistan. I would not do anything to hurt the public sentiment and apologize if I have hurt anyone unwittingly. I however stand firmly by my song and am determined to defend it vigorously against any attacks."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "shezad roy defends song" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 19 January 2006 at 6:39am | IP Logged
thnkx 4 info buddy

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 19 January 2006 at 7:05am | IP Logged
thanx for postin!!

saarahkhann