Members Lounge

Culture shock For Indians living abroad

manishgoyal thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi everyone,

i am manish (manu), right now i am living in Czech republic(Europe) doing job in IT field. i just wanted to share u thoughts about culture shocks we feel when we come out of our country. our country is so culture rich ðŸ˜Š, we live with our family, we respect our elders, we believe in God. but when i came here i was shocked that they do not have any culture😕.  here people know only one thing FREEDOM, they just wanna be free at the cost of their family, friendship or God. 

i would love if all of u would take interest in this and share ur thoughts on this topic.

bye

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mashal thumbnail
main indian too nahin mager pakistani zaroor hoon yeah sirf india ka masla nahin balkay pakistan even poori dunia ka prob hai and iss ki sirf aik hi waja hai kay hum sab loogg bay shak hamara taluk jiss religion say hai apni hadood say bahar nikal chukay hai jahan tak mera idea hai kay hindiism bhi ladies ko itni bayhawaee ki permission nahin detta issi waja say culture kharaab ho raha hai 😃
dreamgirl93 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi muna welcome to IF. Hey you will enjoy down here.Di tumara intezar karegi post ka .Hope you have great fun here.
j y o t i thumbnail
well im from canada and yehh i sumwat agree with u. it not the same outside of india, but if i had a choice i would prefer to stay where i am rite now. here there is a lot about personal freedom as well, and less of that indian culture stuff. we arnt extremly religious, but still have beliefe in our religions. since im from an area where there are A LOT of indians, i dont find that there is a lack of indian culture. infact, its actually a blend of indian and canadian culture. but not all people here would defy their families or god for their freedom. i think it just depends on where u are from.
samrina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i agree wit u jyoti, im in america and yeah were not totally religious but we do have culture. and compared to some acteress and actors in india( im not offending anyone) the ppl here that rnt indian are even more cultured. in a way i would say its more cultured here becuz here everyone is of another race so we have to respect all cultures. i mean me school has mexicans pakis indians chinese vietnamese hmong filipino domincan caucasian african american afhanistani jordanian palestinian jewish german french british greeks and the list just goes on. so i dont really think we lack culture. it doesnt have to do where ur from but wat type of person u r.
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i agree with you, i live in england and have witnessed many shockin things which would never happen within a indian family, but we do hav a lot of culture here and its good evry1 mixes, i have pakistani, white,punjabi,gujrati, bengali, chinese.....etc frends and we all get on well. and i wud rather live ere😳
Edited by angeleyes141 - 18 years ago