Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Sister of My Heart (Page 3)

Zuzana IF-Rockerz
Zuzana
Zuzana

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Thanks sharu for bringing me hereHug
This is a great thread and some lovely pointsClap

@momma: me too liked the scene between anjali and kushi...and I loved how anjali understood that kushi was missing her parents. Anjali as such is quite sensitive in understanding others...she has all these years managed to read Arnav thru his hard surface..so she is an expert we can say as its not easy to understand ASRLOL,,,Payal as sharu said has not gone thru any pain.,...she has been in a protective environment...unlike kushi...cant deny she loves kushi very much..but not mature enought to play the sis role like anjali...in that way Arnav is lucky he has a wonderful sis ..kushi can be called more lonely as she cant share her sorrow abt her parents to anyoneCry
I am still apprehensive of future anjali-kushi bonding as we have to see how anjali takes in the news tht her hubby is behind kushiConfused

@sejal: agree with you the past week looks to have been directed by someone elseLOL..so if u find out anything more on tht pls enlighten usWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011momma1128

bikerider IF-Sizzlerz
bikerider
bikerider

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 2:01am | IP Logged
^^ Hug  
haha yes anjali is expert in understanding others. but yes will anjlai come to know about shyam being behind kushi Ouch
then how will she react.
i feel sad for both anjali and kushi.
Shaym Dead oh i wish arnav beats him rather than  blaming kushi

@sejal  good point  , may be LOL  as Zuzana said if you come across anything please let us also know
lets give credit  along with the name Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

momma1128

Zuzana IF-Rockerz
Zuzana
Zuzana

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lwfw

^^ Hug  

sharu darlingHug...I will give u laddus if that happensLOL

momma1128

bikerider IF-Sizzlerz
bikerider
bikerider

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zuzana

Originally posted by lwfw

^^ Hug  

sharu darlingHug...I will give u laddus if that happensLOL

laddus sure, imagine how it will be oh how i wishDay Dreaming,  sigh

momma1128

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

While Barun was brilliant today, let's face it - the best scene today was Anjali and Khushi - while ASR was doing a 'DOH!' face palm behind the palms.  He also did a different take on this PH's obsession with freaking tom and jerry chases.  So this time Tom (ASR) chases Jerry (KKG) to give him a piece of cheese instead of trying to hit him with a mallet.  Now onto the topic.

I don't know how many of you have read Chitra Banerjee Divyakaruni's book that is the title of my thread but it is about the bond between two friends separated by an ocean and how in tune they are to each other's emotions and hearts.  In today's lingo - sister from another mother (although brother from another mother sounds much more poetic, whatever, let's continue).  This is how I feel Anjali and Khushi are.

I thought to myself as I watched that scene between Anjali and Khushi (and choked up thank you very much), why is it that Khushi has not shared this ache with Payal.  Why was it that when Khushi's orphan status was thrown in her face in the beginning episodes by the person she calls 'amma', Payal did not provide this type of support to unburden her sister?  Yes her wedding was called off, but KKG ran out in the middle of the night with Payal's best interest at heart, so why not the reciprocity.  Have there been moments between the sisters - yes - but not with this depth.

Somehow, I feel that the connection between Khushi and Anjali is stronger than Payal's (don't come over and chappalify me okay, it's only an opinion).  I really felt like I was watching Khushi's older sister - a jiji in every sense of the word.  I don't know if it is because of lack of writing or what have you, but in many circumstances, Payal acts like Khushi's younger sister.  She is the one who needs to be reassured that everything will be alright.  She is the one who sits at home with Buaji, worrying about money but not being proactive, Payal is the one who today - when Shyam asked who would take care of Babuji if she couldn't hold it together - is immediately reminded of Khushi.

It's probably a deliberate attempt to show closeness between Anjali and Khushi - so that the Shyam betrayal is even more bitter.

Great post Anu, ...the opening para is brilliantSmileClap...and thank you for introducing a great author...sounds like she has written some amazing books...summer reading list doneSmile.

To your point about Khushi's instinctive connection with Anjali and it being closer than her bond with Payal...IMHO, it is nothing more strange than what say, a breast cancer survivor may feel an instant and close connection with another survivor even though they have met for the first time. The two may be able to relate and understand each other on that topic, better than with their other loved ones. That does not mean they don't have an entirely robust, satisfying and fulfilling relationship with their mother, or sister or husband...as the case may be. It is just a question of feeling the kinship that arises out of shared experience.

Anjali and Khushi feel that moment of total accord and complete understanding because both have lost their parents...seen them go, never to return. Payal still has her father and when he remarries, she has a loving mother too. Payal will never be able to feel Khushi's pain of being an orphan, even though the sisters love each other to bits and would do anything for each other.
Another example comes to mind...to those familiar with Harry Potter books, it is the kinship Harry and Luna feel...both have watched their loved ones die (their mothers)...the author goes one step ahead and makes this shared experience tangible in that it gives both of them the ability to see the Thestrals, who are invisible to all others. This connection does not in any way detract from Harry's extremely close friendship with Ron and Hermione.

And Anjali is that perfect elder sister, who is supposed to be older not only in age, but experience too, since she is the married one. In Indian culture, we place a lot of premium on the married state, whatever the rationale behind that one be...so even if a girl is younger in age, if she is married, she is considered more mature and is expected to take care of others.

The larger point about Payal being sort of useless as an older sister...that is true. But that is her character trait...that is who she is. Khushi has always taken the lead and Payal has always been happy to let her do so. She is the quintessential home-maker...like her Ammaji. It never even occurs to her that she can step out of the house and find a job...but if there is anything that needs to be done in the house, she will be the first one to take on the responsibility. Small things like calling Khushi...she asks Shyam to do...because her brain is wired to say that men should take the lead ...of course she will call once Shyam is not able to ...but her first instinct is to ask Shyam to make the phone call.

All this sounds almost alien to our sensibilities in this day and age, but there are enough girls/women who think that way even now.

Hope I have not bored everyone to sleep with this long tomeEmbarrassed

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

gilgameshsun2011radev2010ravenheartcurrentmomma1128Sofna

ChaiBiskoot IF-Sizzlerz
ChaiBiskoot
ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
payal is weak from within... she is just a pillar to khushi...to  hold her hand whilst she falls down... payal has had such doting parents...a sister like khushi...so she was never deprived of love...so i guess its a bit difficult 4 her to understand what khushi goes through...

payal bottles up her pain inside... she doesnt know to comfort herself... so to wipe away khushi pain is not likely ...

anjali..on the other hand... is very strong fom within... all her life she has supported arnav... share his feelings... so it doesnt surprise me that she could easily make khushi feel better... and wipe those tears away...they boyth have been through the same thing...

i love all the three women.. they r contrasting to each other.. but have managed to carve out a niche in their own lives...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011momma1128

momma1128 IF-Sizzlerz
momma1128
momma1128

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged

@momma: me too liked the scene between anjali and kushi...and I loved how anjali understood that kushi was missing her parents. Anjali as such is quite sensitive in understanding others...she has all these years managed to read Arnav thru his hard surface..so she is an expert we can say as its not easy to understand ASRLOL,,,Payal as sharu said has not gone thru any pain.,...she has been in a protective environment...unlike kushi...cant deny she loves kushi very much..but not mature enought to play the sis role like anjali...in that way Arnav is lucky he has a wonderful sis ..kushi can be called more lonely as she cant share her sorrow abt her parents to anyoneCry
I am still apprehensive of future anjali-kushi bonding as we have to see how anjali takes in the news tht her hubby is behind kushiConfused

@sejal: agree with you the past week looks to have been directed by someone elseLOL..so if u find out anything more on tht pls enlighten usWink

While I agree that Payal has not gone through the pain of losing parents, she and Khushi both are going through the same upheaval of their father losing his business and financial insecurity.  Yet, we see Payal turning to Khushi seeking comfort, not the other way around.  I have always heard 'I will fix it Jiji', not the other way around about anything.  I never said Payal didn't love her sister - it is evident she loves her very much.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gilgameshsun2011Zuzana

Zuzana IF-Rockerz
Zuzana
Zuzana

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

While I agree that Payal has not gone through the pain of losing parents, she and Khushi both are going through the same upheaval of their father losing his business and financial insecurity.  Yet, we see Payal turning to Khushi seeking comfort, not the other way around.  I have always heard 'I will fix it Jiji', not the other way around about anything.  I never said Payal didn't love her sister - it is evident she loves her very much.
her fathers ill health and financial loss is a very recent thing...Payal has maybe for the first time experiencing some hardships...otherwise all her other years must hv been happy ones unlike kushi or anjali bboth who have gone through being orphans...and many hardships.

sun2011

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index