India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

The Shipping Dock (Page 3)

PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
i don't think Ron has a crush on Hermione.

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KK_lassi

Misha is my Good Friend too! Big smileNot even Harry can break oour Friendship! well if anyone else tries to come and snatch away our Harry like Chochang,Luna,Hermoinee, Parvati...and all other charcters<except giny> we will punch them..

but i am not good in punching anyone LOL u have to train me LOL
fish Groupbie
fish
fish

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 11:19am | IP Logged

Personally I think it is Ron and Hermione. I say this because if you see throughtout the series, the two have a this constant arguing over nothing - like an old married couple. Hermione knows that there is something, like before the Yule Ball - yes, I'm a girl but just admit you like me...

Harry even knows - he often shares eye contact with Hermy, after her and Ron have just had an argument. Just not Ron.

Ron is so blatantly jealous of Krum when he finds out about him and Hermione in GoF. And in OoP he is very much interested in the pen-pal letter that Hermy is writing to Krum. If only he can put his feelings in words.

I found the scene between Harry, Ron and Hermione in OoP very interesting. Harry has just spent his summer in hell, and wants Ron and Hermy to explain the OoP to him...they have this great united front. Makes me think of my parents, dealing an angst filled young teenager...not me...my brother.

Then I think its Harry and Ginny. We already know Ginny has had this massive crush on Harry, CoS onwards. But now she has moved on from that and we see more of her personality on OoP. She is this feisty young woman.

She has a connection with Harry - she was possessed and nearly killed by Voldermort and Harry and Voldermort will eventually battle till one of them falls. They can easily chat now and share chocolate in the library...

Plus on JKR's website, she mentions that Ginny is the first female child in generations...I don't think JKR decided on that and just told us about it because it was useless trivial information.

And at the end of OoP, when Ginny says that she dumped Michael...Ron looks up happily at Harry, as if to give his blessings on the relationship.         ;

PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 4:58pm | IP Logged

She has a connection with Harry - she was possessed and nearly killed by Voldermort and Harry and Voldermort will eventually battle till one of them falls.

Even if Hermione was there Harry would save her. Just because she got saved by Harry doesn't mean that they'll get together.

I say this because if you see throughtout the series, the two have a this constant arguing over nothing - like an old married couple.

Just coz they fight don't mean they'll end ^ together. I fight with my best friend thats a guy and we're not gonna end up together.

PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
The thing that I find most significant about the prefect scene (and perhaps the reason that it is one of my favorite scenes) is that it actually disproves r/hr. It was Hermione that came running in and expecting for Harry to be prefect with her and she really didn't even know what to say when she realized that it wasn't because
1. She was shocked simply because she's not proud of Ron (to a point where he would have done something to become prefect, and yet she had stated before about Cedric that he acceptable because he was prefect) and she realizes that he's not really one to get the possition if it wouldn't be for the fact that Harry's a destined hero to save to world from a doomed evil.

2. She was dissappointed because it wasn't Harry that she would be prefect with. That's why she was blushing so furiously, simply because she had just let out the fact that she was so enthusiastic for one of her friends and not the other. After all that hiding and mystery that is Hermione, she finally cracked, and she saw her fault. She later tries to correct it by giving them the same Christmas presents and so on, but, sadly for her, that doesn't really work either.

Then, we have Harry reacting to this. He asks himself if he had something that Ron didn't, which is maybe the beginng of Harry wondering if Hermione would choose Ron over him, which she wouldn't. And, of course, there is also the akward feeling and inability to look or speak to her that Harry had when he was left alone with Hermione after the scene. Even his voice had changed uncannily. Perhaps it is interesting enough that he "didn't know why" he couldn't look at her and, maybe, that is the start of his developing feelings for her.
PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
I attempt to confirm why H/Hr is a more likely paring than R/Hr, its chief rival.

My main argument will revolve around the fact that Harry and Hermione are equals, while Ron and Hermione are not. I do not think I am too far out of line when I say that the success of a relationship depends a great deal on both partners being relative equals to each other. When one partner outshines the other by a lot, it becomes far too lopsided.

Now, comparing Harry and Hermione we have the following things:

1) Harry and Hermione are the two most magically powerful students at Hogwarts. Neville seems to be approaching them with his sudden turnabout in OOtP, but no one else is close. Harry seems to have more inborn talent/power, while Hermione studies harder and has more knowledge. For example, Hermione always is the first to master a feat or spell in class, while Harry has the sheer power and intuition to learn on the fly. Hermione is better at taking that next step (mobiliarbus anyone? I doubt she was taught that. She put it together herself), Harry is better at reacting on the fly.

2) Hermione is undoubtedly the smartest (or cleverest) student in the school. Hands down. However, Harry is not far behind. There have been many clues that his mainly average grades are more a result of disinterest, or lack of effort (or having too many other things, like horrible death at the hands of LV, on his mind). Furthermore, Harry almost always makes the connections and leaps of logic that Hermione makes and shares an unspoken moment with her, while others, such as Ron, do not. Examples inlcude Malfoy's "dogging" comment, the diary in CoS and both putting it together with Tom Riddle and his special award to the school, the connection between the galleons and the mark LV uses on DEs arms...

3) Socially, Harry and Hermione are well known around the school, their immediate environment. Harry for being the Boy That Lived and his adventures and deeds at Hogwarts, Hermione for being so clever. In essence, they are equally prominent. Just in the school that is, not counting the outside world. Harry has an edge, of course. However, it must be said that none of the trio is excatly a social butterfly. They do ok in such situations, but only Hermione seems to actually have people skills. And even those are negated by a bit of intellectual arrogance. Being so smart works against her.

Now, Ron and Hermione on the same factors:

1) Hermione is vastly more powerful than Ron. There are literally no examples of Ron doing anything difficult or extraordinary in a magical sense. His crowning achievements are levitating a club and... well, that's about it.

2) Hermione is far smarter than Ron. Ron's grades are about the same as Harry's, except for DADA. However, Ron makes none of the connection and logical leaps that Harry does. He is occasionally portrayed as shrewd, but only enough times that it still surprises us (as in, we expected him not to be). Thus he is more consistently portrayed as clueless.

3) Ron who? We already know he's intensely jealous of the attention Harry gets. He is only know for crashing a flying car, being magically put to sleep for the second task and being Charlie's brother, or Bill's broher, or Fred's brother...

I'm not bashing Ron in any way here. I love his character. He's simply not an equal of Hermione. Or Harry, for that matter.

In any relationship Ron got in to with Hermione, Hermione would be the dominant one. Knowing Ron's personality, that just wouldn't work.

Therefore, I submit that R/Hr has no future, but H/Hr is full of possibilities.
_Anonymous_ IF-Dazzler
_Anonymous_
_Anonymous_

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
BTW didnt JKR already hint that will be Ron/Hr?and besides opposites attractWink
-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Anonymous_

BTW didnt JKR already hint that will be Ron/Hr?and besides opposites attractWink

right u r Big smile Big smile

Go to top