stpra thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

I know this place is flooded with Purab fans. And even myself is a purab's fan. But I can't take his humilation anymore. Directors have not given  a fair treatment for his character yet.

He is smart, he is intelligent, he is sucessful, he seemed to have achieved so much in life. So why is he after Jassi, even after getting humiliated so many times.  Ofcourse Jassi is blinded, she can't see anything but Armaan. 

No matter what, I don't think anyone in this world would accept loss so easily as Purab did this time. Infact, he appeared he is more happy to lose than to win.  And all these for whom ? For Armaan who has hated him so much ?  Things don't look right.

Folks lets discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ides thumbnail

While it kills us to see Purab being subjected to Jassi's nakhras, I think his reactions suit well with the character he is portraying(although the whole chauffer bit is taking things to far). Purab is shown as a successful businessman. Such a person is bound to be  very patient, persistent and a good strategist. He is never shown to act impulsively and this quality is misunderstood by many as a weakness. I for one think that this is his greatest strength. Do you really believe that a successful businessman such as him would become a doormat for anyone? So why would he go back to Jassi after all the humiliation he is made to suffer?

I think Purab understands where Jassi is coming from. He knows her feelings for Armaan and also realizes that unrequited love is very painful (as he himself knows) and so can understand her reaction and Armaan's manipulations, especially since Jassi is an honest person. Jassi as yet is not ready to face the entire truth behind Armaan's charming faade and Purab knows better than anyone else than to force her to confront this as it might drive her away from him.

While many times we wish he would just knock some sense into Jassi, the fact is that she needs to come to gain this awareness on her own (remember Jassi's reaction when Nandu defended Purab) by learning from her mistakes and successes. To me it seems that Purab is just bidding his time and waiting for Jassi to come to him. Such persistence is more effective than force or constant nagging.

He does not mind losing the small battles as his sights are set on winning the ultimate "war"😉. 

FreshAir thumbnail

sometimes though when Purab looks pathetically lovesick at Jassi, I feel really bad for him.

And is Jassi really that clueless. If I was in her place, I would have fallen head over heels in love with Purab already.

raji_b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

well said ides

pj04 thumbnail

He does not mind losing the small battles as his sights are set on winning the ultimate "war"😉. 

very well said ides. It is said wars are not fought on battlefieds but in minds first.

i am not sure that lies ahead but given current situation , purab is aiming for jassi(just like legendary arjun) , everything else is immaterial. his patience and persistence is not his weakness but his strength. it is the quiet people you should look out for.

if you look closely , jassi is stuck, purab has won over completely over everybody around jassi(from goga to billu), who exercises even a little influence over her. next step is jassi, i would liken it to abhimanyu's chakravayuh . on the other hand armaan is losing favour with everybody very fast.

stpra thumbnail

Ides, good to read your comment. While I agree with most of your comments, I don't on some of them. Here's why.

Remember, (Or atleast we were told if not shown) that Purab's company worked hard to make the presentation. So a responsible business man should be probably more loyal to his company and his employees who have worked hard and to feel remorse on the loss than to rejoice in what Jassi's company achieved.

Writers may have failed to notice this detail, it was a tricky situation you have two good parties on both sides, and you want to create a win-win situation to make  the show go forward. I don't see how have the writers/directors justified a win situation for Purab. Unless there is some story that is going to unfold in coming episodes, which I see is highly unlikely.  This is one of the reasons which the serial on the whole is broken up pretty badly.

ides thumbnail
Originally posted by: pj04

if you look closely , jassi is stuck, purab has won over completely over everybody around jassi

very true👏....Purab has won half the battle already, so hopefully all it will take is a little jhatkaa and Jassi will fall for him...
ides thumbnail
thnx for the input Stpra....this is how I see it....

Purab's loyatly was never in question. He did not jepordise his project but just made sure Jassi got a fair chance which she hadn't earlier. He did his presentation and Jassi did hers and the ultimate decision rested on Sheetal's shoulders. He is also shown as a fair man and the whole deal between J&P was that whoever was more capable would get the project.

When Jassi got the contract, none of 3T employees were present at Gulmohar but Jassi was, and at that time as a friend and professional, he owed it to Jassi to be happy for her. Who knows how he reacted with his employees.....and being a professioanl means that u take failure and achievements in good spirits because it shows that u respect the ultimate decision of the client.
pj04 thumbnail

besides if you think about it Stpra jassi had won the presentation right from start (sheetal liked floral idea more ) but sheetal gave the contract to purab bcoz she liked 3t's profile more than gm. purab actually was not very happy about it(in the episode where jassi tries blackmailing him) .

yes, purab gave away the contact in a manner of speaking to jassi but bcoz he truly believed that gm deserved it more than 3t.

ides thumbnail
Originally posted by: pj04

jassi had won the presentation right from start (sheetal liked floral idea more )

very right....