Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reima thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I agree that Khushi is capable of apologising and is a lovely person; however sometimes CVs depict her as over rash and insensitive- when she is so culturally grounded one would expect her to be able to judge from the setting and Anjali's sari that it was not a simple puja- hence maybe she could have been shown as circumspect when the occasion demands it. She was shown as outspoken when in many instances she has not been . She just sees red where Arnav is concerned.
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: solembaum

The point of this post is about Khushi, so that is why she is coming up.  If you want to discuss how ASR pigeonholes people based on their wallet size and that it is how he is able to control people and his reactions to them, I am happy to do that while I point out that he needs to get over that in order to love Khushi.   Just not here in this thread. 

invalid thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
I think we have enough shows where the female lead acts like an angel and takes all hardships on herself without saying a word. To be honest its just completely unrealistic and silly. No one is like that. What i like about Khushi is that you can relate to her, you see her make mistakes, but she is good at heart and thats all that really counts. Its just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own but I disagree with this post.
solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: momma1128

Although I quoted your post, the reason I asked this was not because of your post.. I have seen this come up at multiple places and in multiple posts people have written abt how Khushi judges people on face value etc... I wasn't trying to pick on your post, it was an honest question I have had many times... that why is Khushi's opinion of Shyam considered as her judging people at face value because she doesn't know any better... whereas people wonder how he fooled Arnav and Anjali and say nothing abt their judgement... In this case it is not even a question of wallet size ... He has also judged Shyam at face value... in spite of being worldly wise and generally suspicious and all that... so a person like Khushi who has not seen much of the world beyond her family and her mohalla... stands no chance at all in really judging Shyam correctly... 

solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: reima

I agree that Khushi is capable of apologising and is a lovely person; however sometimes CVs depict her as over rash and insensitive- when she is so culturally grounded one would expect her to be able to judge from the setting and Anjali's sari that it was not a simple puja- hence maybe she could have been shown as circumspect when the occasion demands it. She was shown as outspoken when in many instances she has not been . She just sees red where Arnav is concerned.

It was not even a mean statement that she made... I don't think there was any seeing red involved in this particular instance... True she did not realise the significance based on anjali's sari... She was in her usual happy and chirpy frame of mind and did not realise for a few minutes that anything was out of the ordinary... and she made one of her usual off the cuff remarks... what other occassion has been there when she was insensitive??? Even here as soon as she realised she apologised... these kind of things happen to everyone... I for one feel that this is one of those numerous posts that now keeps cropping to count the minutest things that khushi would have done wrong... She is definitely not perfect... But I don't agree with the tone and opinions expressed in this particular post...
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^^^
I had actually written more on ASR and Shyam, but deleted it to keep the post short, but I will put it now.  Shyam is judged differently than all others in ASR's life.  He sees Shyam only through Anjali's eyes.  If it makes Di happy, that's all he cares about.  And I think you agree that most people in this forum agree that Anjali has got blindfold on when it comes to Shyam - at least that is what I wrote about her a couple of times.  In fact, I had written a post on Anjali called 'the two faces of Anjali' where she is able to sense what is going on with everyone else around her, except her snake husband.

napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
The CV's portrayal of  Khushi being loud and as momma mentioned having no filter is deliberate- because in direct contrast we have ASR who is silent and will rarely reveal anything at all, be it opinion or observations. The difference is important, because we see that neither extreme is absolutely good, and while Khushi needs to mature and be more careful in her speech, ASR similarly needs to chill and be more expressive.

Part of the show will probably deal with both of these leads learning to balance each other out, and the eventual small changes in their natures should be due to their growing love and not just a sudden course correction via writing Khushi going forward without theese awkw3ard moments and blunders and slightly pompous declarations that she then has to take back. If we get an ideal woman, that at this point would be unbelievable.

Also note, I think its very deliberate that the ideal woman we do have in this show, Anjali,who is everything the poster wants Khushi to be, is in fact being cheated on right this very moment by her equally ideal spouse, the sainted Shyam. The message-what seems perfect is rately that, and whats difficult and imperfect may in fact be your perfect fit,  is too pointed to be accidental.

Khushi cannot be a sati savitri "perfect girl next door" because her personality would not fit that kind of role-shes too clumsy, rash, opinionated, reckless and real. The artificiality of the other "bahus" on TV makes me feel nauseous.

If they turn Khushi into some suffering martyr, without giving me a reason WHY she's allowing herself to suffer, and keeping shut for no reason other than this is the "ideal" behaviour, Im going to quit watching, as will other viewers who enjoy the show because we all know people who very much like this, or can  identify with  this character.  In other words, ASR and Khushi are human and flawed, not and fake and perfect.