Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

RAHUL BOSE: LANGUAGE ISN’T IMPORTANT

|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz
|Persephone|
|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director, BollyCurry Executive Director

Posted: 26 February 2005 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

Rahul Bose is an actor, who has gained an international label by doing many Hindi and English films. His Hindi popular films are 'Chameli', 'Takshak', 'Jhankaar Beats' and English ones are 'Mr And Mrs Aiyer', 'English August' and 'Every Body Says I Am Fine'. His next film is 'White Noise' in English. In this film, Rahul is starring with Koyal Puri, who has already earned a name on the small screen. Rahul is very happy and satisfied with this film. The Smashits team caught the actor and chatted with him about the movie.

Excerpts of his recent chat:

What is 'White Noise' all about?
This is a very sensitive film. Its story is just different. I have been very alert about my scripts from the beginning of my career. This script has impressed me a lot. That's why I am doing this film. I am impressed by Vinta Nanda too, who has written this story beautifully.

What is the story of the film?

This story is related to a TV serial. There are two characters in it. Both the characters are working in a serial. Maybe this is the first time when a film's story is based on a TV serial.

Tell something about your role?

My character's name is Karan Deol. He is very serious. He has been an engineer in America, and comes to India for some work. Here he becomes an editor of a serial. Karan finds out that television serials are based on old and stale tales. Their content and presentation is also very weak. But nobody agrees with him as everyone thinks that the current serials are okay. Then a new actress joins a serial and gives a new shape to it by changing its direction. This character is played by Koyal Puri. Karan begins to take interest in this writer, and their relations turn intense.

Do you like serious roles as usually played by you?

No, this is not so. Even serious roles differ a lot. Roles in 'Mr And Mrs Aiyer', 'Chameli' and 'White Noise' are quite different from each other. I shall never repeat a role. I am not in a hurry. I try to satisfy myself first. In case I am not satisfied I take an immediate action and decline to do it.

How do you feel about the film being made in English?

This is not significant for me. This is Vinta's decision to make it in English. She feels that the English-speaking viewers would be more interested in this subject. I care for the story and my role, irrespective of its language. I believe in its soul- the story rather than the language. I am very confident about the story and my role in it. Moreover, I have complete faith in Vinta.

Are you sure about Vinta's direction since it's her debut?

Yes, this is Vinta's debut direction, but she is not new in this field. She has been in the entertainment industry, especially in television serials. She has been successful since her first serial titled 'Taara'. Maybe this is the reason for her choosing television serial as the subject of her first film. I am not amazed; I am sure that only Vinta could do justice to such a subject.

How do you rate this movie in your career?

I do not think this way; a film is not a 'do or die' for me. I am an actor, and shall remain an actor. I don't hesitate to say that 'White Noise' is one of my best movies.

Why did you keep away since 'Takshak', 'Jhankar Beats' and 'Chameli'?

I have been quite happy with my performances in these movies. However, I do not fit in the commercial pattern of Hindi movies. Still, whenever I get good roles, I do them. But, I won't run after Hindi films' pattern. I work; feel happy and so does my audience.

Edited by luvya4ever - 26 February 2005 at 12:12pm

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 26 February 2005 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
He's a really good actor. Thanks for sharing.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top