Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Which is more important? family or career (Page 3)

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 12:27am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ritu

Both are supposed to be equally important.

I agree, Ritu--for me both are important for their own reasons.

sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 3:24am | IP Logged

For me, family gets the first priority. I don't think I could have been so sincere at house hold work and responsibilities if I was working. I have tried working too, to begin with. Then felt "To make a good home, let me work at home and let my hubby earn the bread". Sorry, this was not meant to hurt working wives. This is just my mindset.

Again, a career- oriented wife, on herself, cannot decide whether she wants to work. After marriage, a woman reaches a stage where she cannot take decisions on her own. Even if she is bestowed upon with a good and understanding husband, who will support her going to work, there should be other people in the house who should share the woman's responsibilities. If after coming home from work, the woman has to do every house-hold work from scratch, it gets tedious on her. She can manage it for days, few months , but not forever.

So, a woman, even if she has career ambitions, has to get everything right(like on spot) to carry on.

ruta Goldie
ruta
ruta

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 3:53am | IP Logged

well ithink the best approach is the middle level approach i'e. one should be able to juggle between family and career..........i know...i see my mom doing it everyday........

no person can live without family or a career

alveera Goldie
alveera
alveera

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 8:01am | IP Logged

there should be balance between both, but as i see family is always one step ahead for people (especially women)

Go to top