•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago

I saw Bewafaa last night. There was a crowd and i'd say the show was about half full. Well, basically i went to the movie thinking it's going to be really stupid and a waste of time and money. Every review i had read was either below average or very bad. I still went because it was a Friday night and i just wanted to go watch a movie.

I'm not going to waste time explaining the story because I'm sure everyone knows it already or can guess it just by the title of the film. The first half of the movie is actually pretty good. It's not excellent but it's totally watchable. Sushmita's presence is wonderful in the short scenes she has. The songs look beautiful on the big screen and are nicely shot at somewhat different locations in Montreal, Canada. The second half of the movie was not that much of a drag. However, right after the intermission there is a song, and it is a SLOW song. That was a BIG mistake in my opinion. The crowd comes back from the intermission a little energized and here we have this slow song going on which totally kills the mood. Nothing really exciting happened in the second half. Everything was predictable as all the reviewer's are saying.

Performances: Kareena Kapoor was pretty good i thought. She looked good in some scenes, while in others she reminded you of Karisma Kapoor. Her straightened dark hair is something different from what shes been looking like lately. Maybe because this movie began shooting about two and a half years ago. So overall, Kareena was good. Akshay Kumar was as usual good in his role. He made it believable and had some good dialogues to impress the audience with. Anil Kapoor portrayed his character well. He has played such a role in the past a few times, so it was nothing new. However, his new look with the brown hair thats spiked from the front was refreshing. Sushmita Sen is there just for a while but she is always good and theres no doubt about that. Manoj Bajpai and Shamita Shetty were meant to be extremly annoying in the film and they pulled that off. I personally thought they were quite humorous therefore i did not mind them. Manoj Bajpai is a very talented actor and it's relavent whether he does a role like Bhiku Matre, Raza Sherazi from Veer Zara, or even Dil from Bewafaa.

The music is good in the film. Settings are beautiful. Background music falters. Dialogues are not excellent but pretty good. Direction is fair leaving the viewer with certain scenes to pin point in which direction was good. Overall the whole movie was not as bad as people are saying. If you want to watch some timepass and some big stars, then Bewafaa is watchable. 6.5/10

Thanks. So, its not as bad as the reviews say it is, right??
haha i dont wanna say cuz then everyone in this forum will get mad at me for giving away the ending!
thankz for sharing and thankz for not telling the end!😉

thanx 4 the review bollyfreak...

i think i will still watch it!! i love the songs...

thanx...👏

well i have watched half movie and will watch half of it later.....
but everyone is telling that it is not a good movie.
Hai Sheena, I loved reading your review and I think you should try your hand on writing.

Good Review! I still want to watch the film 😊, maybe I will wait for the dvd?