India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies (Page 53)

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged
In one line, the story is abt a woman's attempt to live in a man's world and her struggle to survive and sustain in that world...

What really lifts the movie is three factors, Nasseruddin Shah, Vidya Balan and the dialogues by Rajat Arora...The dialogue.. Very crisp, sometimes witty, sometimes sadak chaap, sometimes naughty...
Without these three the movie would have fallen flat...

Nasseruddin Shah... What a powerhouse of talent... I loved his performance in A Wednesday... And this role was a total u turn from his other roles in recent times...Milan Luthria made a wise decision in picking him for the role... He got the nuances, the minute details, the expressions bordering on sleaze... Everything just right...

Vidya Balan... Two diametrically opposite roles this year... She started the year with a restrained performance and ended it with a bang in a role where she pushed herself and totally nailed the character...
This was a difficult role... A huge risk too... As of today no movies except for Salman starrers come with a guarantee that they'll click at the BO... Yes even movies with skin show have failed to click or have been just average grossers... I do agree that what grabbed the attention abt this movie was the titillation... But just skin show and no content and no extra ordinary performance, this movie would have been an average grosser at the most... It had the right amount of everything... Titillation to grab eyeballs, catchy songs, crisp dialogues, good content and above all good performances by Naseruddin Shah, Vidya and Emraan...
As an actress too she has pushed the boundaries... In an industry which is so obssesed with vanity, where vanity takes precedence over artistic consideration here is someone who went ahead and gained weight for the roles, used padding and prosthetics to make herself look plump and used oral braces during the end to make the character look bloated and flaunted it with elan...
There are so many times when the camera is not too kind and it zooms in on the love handles, the tires, the flabby tummy... Quite unflattering but the confidence with which she carried the role... Very commendable...

Tusshar... The weakest link in the movie... They could have just taken a newbie and i am sure he would have performed much better than him... Lot of screen time wasted on him...

Emraan... A short role but his role did have an impact... Wish they had cut down some of Tusshar's screen time and added to Emraan's...

Movie: It did dip after the interval... I felt the pre-climax a bit weak... They could have developed Emraan and Vidya's relationship some more so that we could feel for Emraan's character during the climax  ... Their relationship seemed very sketchy and very half baked...

Overall a good movie... Dont expect a masterpiece but it does have some memorable performances which linger in the mind even after stepping out of the theatre...

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Yadaayadaaa little faithqwwwcloseyourlegstvdekhaMizz_Sunshin3--ania---Kruti.S-fly2me.shona.mysticgoryfilmsSiddhi_xAaliyanikita_88ruky786

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Saw Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl..I thought is was really boring and predictable. Huge ripoff of John Tucker Must Die and it's basically Bachna Ae Haseeno + Badmaash Company Stern Smile It wasn't exciting because we already knew what would happen.

Performance wise, Parineeti was very good! Thumbs UpShe has a slot of spunk, I am now excitied for her film with Arjun Kapoor! Everyone else was fine..nothing special. I am actually really bored of Anushka doing this 'bubbly girl' roles...she needs to show her versitality.

Overall it's a timepass movie...I would wait for it to come out on DVD, because honestly I didn't think it was too great.

2/5

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 10 December 2011 at 9:09am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faithTintinleMechanttvdekhaQuirky-Kruti.S-Siddhi_ruky786

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
The Dirty Picture - It was pretty good. Vidya, Naseer Shah were FLAWLESS! but sooo less of emraan :( but loved him though and his "yeh moti?" dialogue haha. The end is disappointing cuz it's sooo predictable :/ I don't like films where actresses are there just for skin show, however Vidya made skin show & sleazyess a PERFORMACE, a flawless flawless act! So kudos to her for that :) All dialogues are so perfect. One of my fav is "People like silk are still there cuz of jaanta" which is very true. I also liked how the movie showed why films turn out to be a commercial success and some don't.
3.5/5

Desi Boyz - It wasnt bad or that good. I watched it cuz of John and Akshay :p
2/5

Phhir - The lead actor is just bad but story was interesting.
2/5

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faith-Kruti.S-Siddhi_ruky786-SalShah4eva-

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
I see Parineeti getting lots of praises. I wasn't planning to watch the movie since it seems predictable but I'll watch it just to see Parineeti's performance
Antlers IF-Sizzlerz
Antlers
Antlers

Posted: 10 December 2011 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
In Time- this movie is actually good. It's sort of a how the society is with money. instead of money, ppl have time, short amount of time that they can live after age 25. people work at factories to earn some time. Justin Timberlake was okay. but the film overall is great! 
-Billa- Goldie

Posted: 11 December 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 11 December 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Ok I ended up watching Action Replayy but in a weird way I liked it!!!!!!LOL I dunno why but I enjoyed it! "Aawaz neeche" line was so cheesy!!!! But I kinda enjoyed it!LOL Akshay was good and so was Aish. Even erm...forgot the dude's name...Aditya Kapoor was great aswell. I liked it.

3/5

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S-Siddhi_

.madridista. IF-Rockerz
.madridista.
.madridista.

Posted: 12 December 2011 at 8:21am | IP Logged
breaking down
A boring film..

Go to top