India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies (Page 144)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
This afternoon I saw FALTU this afternoon. It was a simply OK movie. I really loved Accepted. I though Accepted made a really good point and put it forth very well. The courtroom sequence in the end was well done. While FALTU attempts to make that same good point - it falters on several occasions. I think the message gets diluted in some unrealism and cheesiness.

This evening I saw Snow White and the Huntsman. I actually quite enjoyed it much. It was no Avengers, but it was an enjoyable film nonetheless. I absolutely loved the dark twisted interpretation of the tale of Snow White. It is very quick paced and action packed. The plot keeps moving quickly with lots of fight sequences. I have a hard time picturing Chris Hemsworth as a scruffy Huntsman after being a God Thor. Charlize Theron was stunning. Deliciously evil as the queen. She has a warped sexiness to how she portrays the queen. Although that scene where they show her spine creeped the hell out of me. People hate Kristen Stewart but I find her gorgeous. The only series I hate is Twilight. I really liked her in Adventureland and Runaways. I think she did really well in the movie. Nice to finally see her be a character of substance, who fights and stands up rather than a pathetic Bella Swann who is so dependent and whiny.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faithcs-07

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 03 June 2012 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Dangerous Ishq - It was unpredictable at parts, I don't know...I didn't like it.
2/5
Lemony Goldie

Posted: 03 June 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

a little faith Goldie
a little faith
a little faith

Posted: 03 June 2012 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
That Girl In the Yellow Boots.

Hmm, I am really torn in reviewing this film since I can't actually work out if I enjoyed it or not.  Just like Gone, baby gone (another 'hmm' film for me) I loved the issues it raised but more so the intricate detailing that raised issues within issues and gave us interesting questions to ponder over because such topics have so much layering, especially when trying to search out the root causes, motives and reasons. 

However even if I stick a pin in the disturbing aspects of the film, I am still wondering over the overall message of the film which seemed very much defeatist.  I read that even the writer and director 'argued' over the ending.  Without giving too much away, I think the alternative 'happy' ending that the writer (Kalki) wanted might have left the viewer on a better note.  It would have made the rest of the bleak harshness of the film, the spite and the bitterness worth meandering through.  I guess at the end of the day, I am a 'I choose to live' kind of girl. 

Considering that there are very few, if only one, character that you find yourself caring about throughout the film; it still managed to keep your attention.  Kalki Koechlin Kashyap is wonderful, as usual. 

I would give it 8/10 for substance and style but maybe only 6/10 for execution.  I love films that make me think and even more so, films that stay with me yet I would say that although, I really liked this film and despite its original set up, good acting and commendable issue, I wouldn't recommend it. 

With love, Sabah
a little faith Goldie
a little faith
a little faith

Posted: 03 June 2012 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Saw Heavenly Creatures tonight. It is so different from Peter Jackson's other works. A far cry from the lavish Lord of the Rings series. It is much more subtle and psychological. However, you can see glimpses of his cinematographic style. The Parker-Hulme murder is just so twisted and obsessive. Overall it was an interesting movie. I really ended up feeling sorry for Pauline's mother. The only irritating aspect is Kate Winslet' really stuck up and uptight way of talking. 

If you haven't already seen it, I would recommend his other work, 'The lovely Bones.'  I know a lot of people panned it but I enjoyed its style and overall delivery a lot.  More in the style of Heavenly creatures.  

Feel free to ignore. 

cs-07

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 03 June 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
^^

Thanks. It is on my Netflix queue.

a little faith

kimipatel Goldie
kimipatel
kimipatel

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Must see paan singh tomer... Irfan khan Unbelievable his...SmileSmile 
ladygaga. Senior Member

Posted: 04 June 2012 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

khoslakadhoklagilmores

Go to top