Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by -ksh-

EMAET on TV:
What was the point really about the movie? 😳 I can see why the movie didnt work. Its tough to identify with the setting unless you are an Indian-American.
But the performances of both Imran and Kareena were good. I wish there was more of Ram Kapoor. He brightened up the screen whenever he was shown.
This is very true..EMAET is a very "American" film..and one that desis in India will find it hard to identify with. I didn't really realize this until I talked to my cousin in India about the movie and she totally trashed the film because it made no sense and she couldn't understand how they got married just like that. 😆 I had to explain to her that it's very much possible and happens all the time in Vegas..and that the movie is fairly realistic actually 😆 

That being said, the film could have been soo much better and all the great reviews raised my expectations too high! :( First half was so nice, but second half SO boring. They ended up showing the best bits in the trailers only. The end was nice and realistic though..sometimes we don't always get what we want.

Vicky Donor:-

Wanted to see from long time, finally got 2 see it... I expected fun, entertainement, light film... film exceeded my expectations... Just Amazing Film... Loved it thoroughly... True SUPERHIT Film.

AyushMaan = Superb Acting, done this role like someone is shooting with camera in his daily life, screen presence is amazing, loved his chemistry with yami, future ka SuperStar hai yeh... if not big he will survive long in industry for sure :)

Yami = Loved her since is saw her in fair n lovely ads..."cool na" her style of saying... amazing... Loved Ashima's role... simply touching heart... she made a perfect pair with ayushmaan...

Annu Kapoor = He is a brilliant Character Artist, give him any character he will superexceed... take Guldasta of Tezaab, Hawaldaar arjun singh of Hum... This Man is terrific on Screen... Played the role of Dr.Chadha Brilliantly... 

Ayush's MOM & Daddi = Very Cute Characters, just loved them... very detailed language used like typical delhi punjabi family...

Yami's Family = 1st time seeing them... good roles...

All in ALL = Superb Movie... 5/5 👏
Three

Most of you will only know this movie because the infamous Kolaveri Di is from it. It stars Shruti Hassan and Dhanush and charts the three stages of their love story.

Let me first say that I havn't been this affected by a film in a long time. The first half in which the movie outlines how Dhanush and Shruthi fall in love and how their relationship goes on for 5 years in secret felt too familiar, as did the characters. There isn't any stupid over-done garbage in this part, instead, the director (Dhanush's own wife) pays such wonderful attention to detail, the love story of the leads is one of the most natural of any indian film. It starts with them falling in love during their highschool days, and god does it capture this part well. Both play the naive and love-sick school kids exactly as it is in real life.

The second half takes a much darker turn, which plays out to be jarring in comparison to the sweet and breezy first half. And when I say darker turn, I mean it. Three is a film about human flaws, self-destructive love and mental illness. It takes a serious plunge that is both heartbreaking and eerie.

As of now, I'd say Shruthi and Dhanush are two of South Indian cinema's finest stars. Both entirely sink into their characters skin without any inhibitions and it feels as though a lifetime has gone by, by the time the film finishes.  I have a feeling people will either love or hate this film, it effected me in a deeply personal way and I couldn't get it out of my head for days. AIshwarya Rajnikanth is a fantastic director, more woman should direct tamil flicks. Her dialogue is fluid and realistic, and her story is powerful.

On top of all this, Three comes with a very unique soundtrack from a first time music director.

4.5/5

My favorite song from the film.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4Uk3eh6pM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by TintinleMechant - 11 years ago
Originally posted by TintinleMechant

Three

Most of you will only know this movie because the infamous Kolaveri Di is from it. It stars Shruti Hassan and Dhanush and charts the three stages of their love story.

Let me first say that I havn't been this affected by a film in a long time. The first half in which the movie outlines how Dhanush and Shruthi fall in love and how their relationship goes on for 5 years in secret felt too familiar, as did the characters. There isn't any stupid over-done garbage in this part, instead, the director (Dhanush's own wife) pays such wonderful attention to detail, the love story of the leads is one of the most natural of any indian film. It starts with them falling in love during their highschool days, and god does it capture this part well. Both play the naive and love-sick school kids exactly as it is in real life.

The second half takes a much darker turn, which plays out to be jarring in comparison to the sweet and breezy first half. And when I say darker turn, I mean it. Three is a film about human flaws, self-destructive love and mental illness. It takes a serious plunge that is both heartbreaking and eerie.

As of now, I'd say Shruthi and Dhanush are two of South Indian cinema's finest stars. Both entirely sink into their characters skin without any inhibitions and it feels as though a lifetime has gone by, by the time the film finishes.  I have a feeling people will either love or hate this film, it effected me in a deeply personal way and I couldn't get it out of my head for days. AIshwarya Rajnikanth is a fantastic director, more woman should direct tamil flicks. Her dialogue is fluid and realistic, and her story is powerful.

On top of all this, Three comes with a very unique soundtrack from a first time music director.

4.5/5

My favorite song from the film.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4Uk3eh6pM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

my review was the exact same and I love the song too..I'm so happy such a film was made.. Shruti and Dhanush have amazing chemistry..
Pulwasha, I was in the strangest mood for days. I felt surreal and sad and I kept remembering parts of the film when I'd drive around. I couldn't shake myself out of the feeling it put me in. I almost feel like I will have to wait years to watch it again because of how much it affected me. I hope these two act together again too, god what chemistry eh? So natural and sincere. 
Originally posted by TintinleMechant

Pulwasha, I was in the strangest mood for days. I felt surreal and sad and I kept remembering parts of the film when I'd drive around. I couldn't shake myself out of the feeling it put me in. I almost feel like I will have to wait years to watch it again because of how much it affected me. I hope these two act together again too, god what chemistry eh? So natural and sincere. 

yeaahh I hope they do act together again.. they are pretty good.. The movie does have an affect on you.. Dhanush is one of the best actors Indian film industry has.. according to me this was better than his Aadukalam and If he got a national award for Aadukalm.. he deserves it for 3 too..

I was so said how the film didn't work in TN
I saw War Horse this evening. I cried a lot. It really wrenches my gut to know the cruelties we humans unleash on animals for our selfish needs. Was glad to see a happy ending though.
Originally posted by bulls-eye

Isn't that a question to ask about nearly all the movies? I am still trying to find what was the point behind making Ishaqzaade other than to make a film 😆

Its true that most films have a beginning, middle and end. But this film was promoted as a love story but only thing that happenned by the end was Imran's character was able to open his mouth in front of his parents by the end. IK and Kareena started out as having nice chemistry so much so you dont notice he looks so kiddish. But by the end they looked like a brother-sister jodi.
Originally posted by chocolover89

This is very true..EMAET is a very "American" film..and one that desis in India will find it hard to identify with. I didn't really realize this until I talked to my cousin in India about the movie and she totally trashed the film because it made no sense and she couldn't understand how they got married just like that. 😆 I had to explain to her that it's very much possible and happens all the time in Vegas..and that the movie is fairly realistic actually 😆 

That being said, the film could have been soo much better and all the great reviews raised my expectations too high! :( First half was so nice, but second half SO boring. They ended up showing the best bits in the trailers only. The end was nice and realistic though..sometimes we don't always get what we want.

The setting of the film killed it for me. The film could have done better in the BO if its mileu would have changed. Throughout the movie the characters behaved like Indian Americans born and raised in US. The problems they face for instance joblessness and being broke is soemthing you would face in a country you are a citizen of. Indians who are non-citizens of US and go there to work rarely face these issues as your visa is work-related only. No work+being broke=get out of the country in most cases. So I thought they were American citizens who live in Vegas while their parents live in some other part of USA. But then we are suddenly shown they both have homes in India, their parents live there and they were even brought up in India. So they cant be American citizens. Then how were they behaving like American citizens in the first place?
Watched EMAET again on Sony.
Like i said before,story ordinary but Kareena made up for everything.She was FAB!❤️Oh,and I liked Imran too in the film.