Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ash.attitude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Saw Heavenly Creatures tonight. It is so different from Peter Jackson's other works. A far cry from the lavish Lord of the Rings series. It is much more subtle and psychological. However, you can see glimpses of his cinematographic style. The Parker-Hulme murder is just so twisted and obsessive. Overall it was an interesting movie. I really ended up feeling sorry for Pauline's mother. The only irritating aspect is Kate Winslet' really stuck up and uptight way of talking. 

Is this movie really worth watching? I've been recommended it, but I'm still not sure if I should invest some time into this movie.
Sheldon_Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: axeion

I strongly believed No Smoking was the most ridiculous movie ever, but Chernobyl Diaries shattered my belief 2hrs ago... When you figure out how you can get ur 93mins back, do let me know... I need my 95mins back (93 for movie and 2 for typing this msg) ðŸ˜•

This movie was horrible, so from now on I am going to go with the reviews rotten tomatoes has and avoid movies with less than 30% rating 😆
axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sheldon_Bazinga

This movie was horrible, so from now on I am going to go with the reviews rotten tomatoes has and avoid movies with less than 30% rating 😆

Haha, I prefer not to read reviews and we watched this movie just bcoz we wanted to finish our quota of 3 movies in a row ðŸ˜† Luckily, the other two were much better - MIB3 and Marigold Hotel. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: attitude.ash

Is this movie really worth watching? I've been recommended it, but I'm still not sure if I should invest some time into this movie.

I didn't think the movie was as great as all the critical acclaim it received. But it is still a good movie and worth the watch. I didn't get bored one bit. The girls descent into obsession and shared psychosis is shown very well.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
The Avengers

Loved it to bits and pieces. The Hulk and Iron Man are my favs <3  

5/5

Vicky Donor

Hilarious, well acted, well-written. Anu Kapoor as Dr. Chadda was hilarious. Yami is gorgeous. Ayushman was great. Loved Biji and Ayushman's mom. The Bengali vs Panju's bit was hilarious 😆 I got reminded so much of Delhi..I wanna go there now!

That being said, I think ti could have been a lot more accurate on the subject of sperm donation. It was SCARY to see that Ayushman fathered 53 kids with his sperm. Not awww, how cute, but scary so I wish they hadn't glorified how great it was that Vicky's sperm helped out so many families. The message they were trying to make could have been shown really well with just 1 kid and family also. I wish they had somewhere also condemned the fact that sperm donation is not that regulated in India it seems.

Besides this, it was a fun movie. Though for me, Kahaani remains the movie of the year so far.
3.5/5
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I saw Best Exotic Marigold Hotel this afternoon with my mom and sister. I was surprised to find the theater full on a Sunday afternoon. It was a holiday weekend, but the theater was more packed than MIB III on Friday night. It was all silver haired folks to boot. This is a delightful film. Both humorous and heart wrenching. A very feel good film that makes you think about life. The star cast is incredible. And damn Maggie Smith and Judi Dench are goddesses. 
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Home Alone 3.

It was awesome. Can watch it all over again.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hate Story: Ummm Okayish.. nothing special.. the lead actress is irritating.. Gulshan Devaiyah was good.. the only thing I didn't understand was his stammering in front of his dad and climax made no sense what so ever 😕 2.5/5

Avengers: Ohhh man I lovedd it.. soo cool.. Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans stole the show.. they were all good but these two stood out for me.. the shawarma joint scene 🤣 I'll wait for the next part 4/5

Paranormal activity 2& 3: stupid, idiotic.. wasted my time 0.00001/5

Agent Vinod:
ummm nothing extra ordinary again.. Kareena was bad.. really bad.. Saif was okay..Loved Gulshan Grover's expressions in the mujra song.. Mujra song ruined by Kareena's pathetic dancing skills.. the other girl was too good in the song.. the female singer singing Raabta is irritating even though the song is good.. the singer was cringe worthy 🤢 the movie was not shot in Karachi but they got the restaurant right.. we do have a Gazebo there 😆 3/5

Edited by -ChillMahaul- - 11 years ago
kimipatel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi last movies i saw jannat 2... Quite ok...😊 Just a music good...
kimipatel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Today i saw ishaqzaade It's really nice n fresh story...😊