Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaddyStilinski thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Ishaqzaade

What in the world was I thinking??..That's 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back 😳

0.5/5
Watched I AM by Onir.
Excellent and a much deserved film to win The National Award.
I liked the way the whole movie was an anthology of four stories and how they were interconnected to each other.The movie has a really good ensemble cast,the background music is terrific!Till now,I thought it was Vicky Donor which highlighted the subject of sperm donation for the first time in Bollywood but I AM did it in a more serious way.It was a treat to watch Manisha Koirala and Juhi Chawla after so many years in a good role.Among the four stories I personally liked Megha the most,the one about Kashmiri Pandits being made refugees and thrown out of Kashmir.But the other three stories were also good and stressed upon subjects like sperm donation,child sexual abuse and the situation of the LGBT group in India.

The cinematography in the story Megha(the one about Kashmiri Pandit)was breathtakingly beautiful,the way Srinagar was shown.The best dialogue in the movie was Manisha Koirala's,a kashmiri who said 'main jannat mein rehne ki saza bhugat rahi hoon'.Inronical but so true about the current situation of Kashmir.👏

Loved it!
Edited by .SB. - 11 years ago
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
y tu mama tambien: Great. Trite storyline, but it was great. 
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Swades:

I watched it again. Absolutely love this film. SRK was brilliant and Gayatri was excellent. They had great chemistry.

4/5
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster! Wonderful movie! Jimmy Shergill is sooo underrated! What a talent! 
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Okay, what idiot told me to watch Vicky Donor? I am trying so hard to remember who it was!

Bollywood needs to stick to making movies that don't bother addressing societal issues. I cannot believe they took such a sensitive issue and made a mockery out of it! Sperm donation is highly regulated (at least here in the U.S.). Once you donate sperm, you don't know who it is being donated to or how many times it has or has not been used. You don't even know if your sperm was able to impregnate anyone or not!

I cannot BELIEVE that the movie showed Vicky having OVER FIFTY KIDS through sperm donation and then went on to introduce him to do those kids! Darwin probably tossing and turning in his grave right now.

Public Service Message: Guys considering donating sperm, ignore the movie. (And yes, the po*n room is very much real. And so is the couch that the guy before you sat on and did his thang.)
Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 11 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Oh, and I guess I should add that I liked the leads. They were cute, and it was nice to see fresh faces. I remember Ayushman from some reality he hosted that I can't remember the name of right now. I was pleasantly surprised by his acting skills. I wish they had made a simple love story instead. 
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Okay, what idiot told me to watch Vicky Donor? I am trying so hard to remember who it was!

Axu? 😆

Pliss to PM me the links. 

Bollywood needs to stick to making movies that don't bother addressing societal issues. I cannot believe they took such a sensitive issue and made a mockery out of it! Sperm donation is highly regulated (at least here in the U.S.). Once you donate sperm, you don't know who it is being donated to or how many times it has or has not been used. You don't even know if your sperm was able to impregnate anyone or not!

I cannot BELIEVE that the movie showed Vicky having OVER FIFTY KIDS through sperm donation and then went on to introduce him to do those kids! Darwin probably tossing and turning in his grave right now.

Public Service Message: Guys considering donating sperm, ignore the movie. (And yes, the po*n room is very much real. And so is the couch that the guy before you sat on and did his thang.)

I
I haven't seen that movie but based on whatever I have heard the subject matter of that movie, I thought you would give A plus to that movie.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

That disappoints me a lot. I was very excited about the movie. I thought Bollywood had finally tackled an uncomfortable and difficult subject and made society aware of it. It is unfortunate that they went over the board or not.

I think though the anonymity of donation depends on agreement of donor and receiver. If the donor has agreed to share information and the receiver wants to know, they will share information. There are rare instances, but sometimes children from sperm donation or adoption often try to seek out their biological parents when older.

So rather than fifty kids, it would have been interesting if they showed just one child who somehow connected with him or had parents who wanted the donor known. Show the fact that sperm donation can be a gift that fulfills a family, but at the same time it is a part of you out there that you will never have. Don't make a mockery, but show a sensitive story.