Posted: 12 years ago
Watched DTBHJ today. It was an okay movie. Nice film to watch when your at home, even though I basically predicted what was going to happen to the 3 guys, but still nice.

I didn't know Shruti Hassan was in this movie. Found myself to be completely mesmerized by her whenever she came onscreen. God! She's gorgeous! I can't wait for her film with Surya.Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 12 years ago
Pyar ka Punchnama: 🀣🀣😭😭🀣 those are reactions to the moviee.. the movie was hillariousss.. sooo real !! all amazingg performancesss.. the moviee has this super funny feel to it in the beginning.. then gets sad almost at the end.. and the last scene makes u laugh again !! Brilliant.. the actorss are soo damn good.. doesnt feel like its their first moviee..Rajat where he explains wat problems do girls have is amazinggg.. simply superrbbb.. actually everyone was good.. the girls too..all in all its a super duperrr awsomeee moviee.. i had such a good timee.. and every moment i went OMGG thats soo truee..πŸ˜†must watch 5/5
Originally posted by mysticgoryfilms

Watched DTBHJ today. It was an okay movie. Nice film to watch when your at home, even though I basically predicted what was going to happen to the 3 guys, but still nice.

I didn't know Shruti Hassan was in this movie. Found myself to be completely mesmerized by her whenever she came onscreen. God! She's gorgeous! I can't wait for her film with Surya.

I watched that too...but I didn't like the ending.
^ I didn't like the ending either. I thought it was really lame that the director had to make the 3 guys happy. It would have been a much better ending if they all were just content with themselves and the friendship they shared with each other. That last scene, ironically, all three of them found new girls, in the same place. That's not possible.
So, I somehow finished watching Mere Brother ki Dulhan... πŸ€”

Needless to say, the experience was everything I imagined...however, it also involved some forced laughter here and there. I mean everyone was overacting (if it's a rom-com, does that mean that every freakin' minute in the film will be filled with OTP expressions and dialogues?). It was not so cheesy but predictable beyond limits. 

Imran: can't act sala! (yo, get outta your JTYJN avatar...do something different!)

Katrina: the cutesy act was too in-your-face...and what's up with the googly eyes, miss? Oh, and I guess I don't need to state anything about the acting department ...kuch kehne ko hi nahi hai. πŸ˜† Although, I would acknowledge that you are trying to express your dialogues (hindi and english) more properly?!? Now, I don't know if it's much effective...but I see some improvement (relatively).

Ali Zafar: Cutee! I suppose this role was supposed to be "easy going" looking at the way you portrayed it even though it didn't sit well with me. Acting was much better than the other two leads. But the character itself wasn't as convincing. πŸ˜•

Now, I do confess that there were a few (read: veryyy few) moments that did evoke a giggle/laughter ...so, I give the film points for that. πŸ˜³

Rating: 2/5 
Mausam:

It was Houseful. Felt great. Lol.

Ahhh!!<3333
The satisfaction of watching a good movie! Specially when everyone in the theater is enjoying, laughing, crying, whistling. Ahhh! <3 Love, love, love.

OH!...SPOILER ALERT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I want to start off by...why the hell are the "critics" writing off this movie?...They can watch shizz like Double Dhamaal, Ready and what not and give it high ratings but they can't do that for a movie like Mausam?!. -___- Some bs, i tell ya. Total rubbish.
A honest request to everyone that has not watched the movie yet: Do not let the reviews you have read paint a picture of the experience that you will have when you watch this film. And please do watch it on the big screen...its meant to be watched on the big screen. The experience is just mind blowing.
:)

Anywayss...back to my review...
Mausam is nowhere near flawless. But its honesty and simplicity makes you look past it all. Its just beautiful.

The number one thing that i adored about Mausam is that it isn't the obvious average, boy meets girl movie that we always see in our Bollywood films. Its different. Instead of conflicts between the leads its conflicts in the surrounding of the leads. Its about how love can survive, no matter what. After a LONG TIME i have been satisfied with a movie. And it feels good. Haha. Finally a movie that stays in your heart and mind.
To me, it made me think...in this day and age, does love like this still exist?...Is this really larger than life or it is still possible? Can our hearts and mind go beyond what's happening in our surroundings to just be with the love of your life? Do things like this happen anymore? Its easier to give up than hold on...If you love someone so much...are you willing to wait or will you just move on? Its easier to move on. But if its true love...your love can survive. No matter what. Love is sacrifice, patience and faith!(;

Just a few thoughts that were going through my mind after the movie...sorry if i got too mushy.☺️

I love romantic films...obviously. πŸ˜† And this one was no different. I loved it, i did. And what made me love it so much beside the story was Shahid and Sonam. How can one like a film if you can't feel for the characters. Shahid is excellent in it and Sonam has improved. They did a fab job...Nothing is forced...and i loved that about it.

-Shahid: This is a BIG leap for him as an actor. He definitely deserves a standing ovation. And he definitely got one from the theatre i was at. He is impeccable in it. Every shade that he goes through in the movie...you feel for him. Harry is a wonderful character for us to see his charms. EFFORTLESS.
-Sonam: Everyone agrees that she has a lot to learn as an actress. Well, i am happy to say...she has improved. A lot. She does great justice to her role and her looks help as well. She looks like Aayat and acts like Aayat. Yesh, i just said acts!(; This movie is a winner for Sonam as an actress.

Special mention:
Aditi Sharma: She does a marvelous job as Rajjo. I felt so bad for her as the character. She played it well!(:

Dialogues..
Love, love, love, LOVEEE.
..I don't think i need to say more. Lol.
I have a lot of favorite dialogues from the movie but my most fav. has to be this one:
"Bure logoun ke na naam hote hai na surat, sirf ek bura saya hota ha"
<3
You will understand it once you watch the film!(;
[I think i quoted it correct...if not, its somewhere along those lines. Lol. Sorry.]

Scenes...
Everything is just so breathe taking. I loved every bit of it. Some of my favorites:
-Every Punjab bit. Ohmygosh. I wanna go to Pubjab. Lol.
-Actually...every other place as well. The cinematography is purely amazing. The movie is visually pleasing.
-I LOVED the attack on tiger hills or whatever. Very beautifully shot. AND i loved all the scenes that leads to how Harry's hand is paralyzed. Touching.
-Abhi na jao chodkar...this was such a surprise and freaking AHHHMAAZINGGG! Hah! I loved it. <3
-My FAVORITEEE:
Their reunion in Ahemdabad after the fire and all that jazz. The dialogues after that were just out of this world!... Ohmygosh. I am not going to lie...when they were sitting down talking and saying those dialogues...i was silently shedding a few tears. Its was beautiful. Words cannot explain. <3 I sort of wished the movie ended here instead of the whole saving the horse and the baby thing. But i didn't mind that as much as others did. I mean...DUDE! You can watch a police officer kill someone with a kick or beat someone up with a belt over and over and over but you can't watch a ferris wheel scene? Something different? -___- Lol. Anyways. That's just the way i look at it. But i do think the movie would has had a better ending if it would have ended before the ferris wheel thing. Nevertheless...it was beautiful.

Pankaj Kapoor...
If this is his first movie...i CANNOT wait for more. Bring it on!!(:
Great first direction. And writing too...BUT...the script was its biggest flaw.
Which brings me to Mausam's flaws...there are just 2.
1) The script. - The second half could have been better. And like i said before, i wish the movie would have ended before the ferris wheel scene.
2) Editing. - It needed some editing...if some scenes would have been edited the movie would have flowed better. There were some unanswered questions. But...all the choppy editing did not take away from the essence of Mausam.

Overall...Don't miss this one. Its fresh. Gives you your money's worth. It has great moments, memorable characters, great story, great music, great acting, its beautifully shot, and everything elseee...(:

A great balance of art and mainstream cinema. This one is a winner in my book. DEFINITELY watch this.

8.5/10!
(:

P.S. So sorry, its so long.I did not think i wrote so much.πŸ˜†
<3 Edited by fly2me - 12 years ago
^ Lara...did u feel bored at any moment. I mean am hearing a lot of ppl say Mausam is a bit boring. I was looking forward to the movie until all the bad reviews...lost interest. Now your review is making me want to watch it lol.
Originally posted by beboholic

^ Lara...did u feel bored at any moment. I mean am hearing a lot of ppl say Mausam is a bit boring. I was looking forward to the movie until all the bad reviews...lost interest. Now your review is making me want to watch it lol.

Honestly, i was never bored. Maybe because i was so excited to be there and get to watch it or maybe because it was houseful and people in the theater were all fun...idk. I had A LOT of fun. I wasn't bored at all. Don't go by the reviews...at all.!(:
I saw Kanchivaram today. It's a tamil movie directed and written by Priyadarshan. It's the same director who churned out movies like Garam Masala, De Dana Dan, Khatta Meetha and many more comedy masala. I can't believe he directed it. because this movie is POLES apart from the previous menitoned one. I am so glad i watched it. The story is about a silk weaver named Vengadam who just got released from jail for two days to see his home town kanchipuram in 1948. As the journey begins, Vengadam, under the custody of two policmen on a bus, remembers several events that occured in his past. Basically a story of a silk weaver in the town of Kanchivaram. Prakash Raj plays the part of Vengadam. WOW he is excellent! I have no words for him. Such an outstanding performer. 

And I can't understand why can't Bollywood make movies like this? Cinematography, screen play, story, music, direction everything worth an applause. As the movie was set in around 1900-1948, you can actually get the feeling of it from lighting and photography so hats off to it. But the Story is very sad, specially the end was very depressing and shocking. Nonetheless it's an outstanding movie and it deserves a watch from everyone. 

10/10 πŸ‘πŸΌ
Are we allowed to write about Hollywood movies as well??