Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

veejays thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi, Why you left South India like chennai

There also Navratri  will be  celebrated in a very grant manner.  In South India depending on their convenient they arrange steps like 9, 7, 5, 3   and keep dolls like Pilliyar, Lakshmi, saraswathi , sivan  etc. etc.  in that.    All the nine days they do pooja and invite all ladies including children  and give them bital leaves, kumkum and some sweets or some eatables.   They decorate the house nicely.    Daily they put  rangoli.  In south Indian temple the God will be dressed each day in a different manner like Saraswathi, Lakshmi ,Durga .   All nine days evening ladies wear new dress and go to their friends.  Ladies go to their mother's house and take blessing of their mothers and elderly people.  

shamma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Navratri to all! Nice post...very informative...being a muslim only know bits and pieces but love playing garba and dandiya! Been going for years! 😳 My fav garba/dandiya song has to be dholi taro dhol baaje from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanaam and Mehndi Rang Lagyo by Lata Mangeshkar...garba is incomplete without these! Going to miss playing garba and dandiya this year 😔
Mitu_ thumbnail

Happy Navratri to all!

lovely  post Thanx :)) Edited by Mitaly.. - 12 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: veejays

Hi, Why you left South India like chennai

There also Navratri  will be  celebrated in a very grant manner.  In South India depending on their convenient they arrange steps like 9, 7, 5, 3   and keep dolls like Pilliyar, Lakshmi, saraswathi , sivan  etc. etc.  in that.    All the nine days they do pooja and invite all ladies including children  and give them bital leaves, kumkum and some sweets or some eatables.   They decorate the house nicely.    Daily they put  rangoli.  In south Indian temple the God will be dressed each day in a different manner like Saraswathi, Lakshmi ,Durga .   All nine days evening ladies wear new dress and go to their friends.  Ladies go to their mother's house and take blessing of their mothers and elderly people.  

I am sorry I missed this section of India. My bad.
simibrar1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awesome post ...👍🏼
Happy navratri to all...

from ...simibrar...😃
Edited by simibrar1990 - 12 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
can't wait to go to garba saturday night!
-X-NeeNee-X- thumbnail
Happy Navratri Everybody!

A great time of the year where everyone enjoys themselves!

A great post too! Thank youu :) I learnt some things I had no idea about :) I also thought Navratri was a Gujarati thing :$ Lol. Obviously not..
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
^ well even i always have known navratri to be more of a gujju thing. i mean most hindus know about it too, but i think it is more lavishly a gujju festival. i may be wrong though.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
I don't think it's just a Gujju thing. It's an all Hindu thing.

Atleast, I think, because I'm from Andhra Pradesh, South India and we celebrate BIG on Navaratri. It's a huge festival (: My favorite actually!

Happpyyy Navaratri to all! Jai Devi Maiyya! 🤗
Edited by aishi.muffin - 12 years ago
vampires-lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i too dont think it's jst a gujju thing i am also from soth india(andra pradesh) we celebrate navaratri greately with joy...