Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonia51 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
And there in lies the sub standard show and effect and to prove it the ratings match...so I guess most agree that Ram and his BD are more worth the darshan than Ronit. Thank you for proving my case.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sonia51

And there in lies the sub standard show and effect and to prove it the ratings match...so I guess most agree that Ram and his BD are more worth the darshan than Ronit. Thank you for proving my case.

Man, I'm blown away by your "logic"...so BALH is in a ratings ompetition with a BIWEEKLY weekend show...brilliant logic, I must say...GENIUSπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Thank you for proving my original opinion about  you right as wellπŸ‘πŸΌ Your "facts" are BANG ON as always πŸ‘
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
LOL 

Your arguments are prime examples of 'kaha se kaha le jaana'. And if  you're arguing to prove your point, God Bless.
Himmi_K thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Like someone said...we get the leaders we elect ourselves...similarly we get the shows we deserve. Majority of janta is fine with seeing BDs interspersed with same closeups of well known actors so why would the channel, PH or the actors care?

why do u care? did the aam janta elected you to come here and bash the actor because his body double is being used?
if a show is crap for you. dont watch it! simple! you dont have to waste your time in bashing something that you believe is utter crap.
did you see me bashing Adalat here? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Himmi_K thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Man, I'm blown away by your "logic"...so BALH is in a ratings ompetition with a BIWEEKLY weekend show...brilliant logic, I must say...GENIUSπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Thank you for proving my original opinion about  you right as wellπŸ‘πŸΌ Your "facts" are BANG ON as always πŸ‘

lol Nureat01.. you are so funny.. πŸ˜†

Sonia51,
first of all, we dont think Ram is God so that we have his Darshan!. even though his name is of a God, we think he is a human capable of brilliant work, teriffic sense of humor and ofcourse with his shares of mistakes.
We dont go for his 'Darshan'. we tune in for his performance.. something that an actor is designed for... as long as he does what he does best, his fans are happy... :)

now i know why the BD bothers you so much.. because you are not there to see the actor acting or performing.. you are there to see his body.. tsk tsk.. i can so understand your plight.. 🀒
we go to see his expressions, his proven acting skills etc etc.. so it doesnt matter if a few jealous ones think he is fat daddy or overweight etc etc..

Himmi_K thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Hello? SELFISH?? Are viewers doing SAMAAJ SEVA here by watching a TV show?? Are we supposed to sit and watch this show and go "a le le sooo nice of them to appear on screen for 10 minutes for us...who cares what the story (or lack thereof) and bad direction is like"???

Seriously  fangiri ki limit hoti hai...I'm a Ram and Sakshi fan too but I'm not sitting here to coddle them. I agree with Ksh's point about how I'd rather watch more of them on screen than make excuses all the time for why they aren't on-screen.

It's quite clear that this production house is incapable of managing the schedules well and we are constantly being given a sub-standard product...and if some ppl in here point that out, everybody jumps down their throat??  Amazing.

First - you arent doing a samajseva by pointing out the BDs. because frankly speaking its not a crisis. a crisis for the serial would be when they give more importance to Nutz and Karthik track or any other track that omits Ram and Priya since they are the protagonist.
Second - we are not coddling them either. Why is that i see less posts in this forum about how the track is going or how the characterization is being done and more about why BDs are being used? If we all come here to 'discuss' the show, why not discuss what the show greatly comprises of i.e. characters, story line and its development?
bash the character Ram Kapoor for what he has done wrong and i dont think anyone will jump down your throat!
Third and most importantly - if its a sub standard product, why do you think it won the awards it won and even if you think that you are smarter than 'The Jury' that decided it was the BEST product, why do you insist on watching it? You can simply change the channel whenever it comes on! how difficult is it to ignore an actor you dont like or a show you dont identify with?

Sonia51 thumbnail
Originally posted by: himali_kokate

why do u care? did the aam janta elected you to come here and bash the actor because his body double is being used?
if a show is crap for you. dont watch it! simple! you dont have to waste your time in bashing something that you believe is utter crap.
did you see me bashing Adalat here? πŸ˜†

Himali when a person has too much time on their hands I guess they will watch sub standard stuff or if they are jealous of an actor has achieved his acting because their favorite has not achieved then you see what you are seeing here, no educated productive person will watch something that is substandard and then spend half a day bashing the actor, a more intelligent approach would be to stop watching. I consider my standards far higher that someone who is unproductive and they are getting personal so I am sending this thread to Vijay and let him deal with it. If all a mod could do was send a PM and not be bothered about actor bashing because he is not her favorite actor then higher authorities should be notified. 
shamma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: himali_kokate

did you see me bashing Adalat here? πŸ˜†

Precisely! If you don't like it...don't watch it! Your not being forced to...its in your hands to switch the channel!
Sonia51 thumbnail
I have reported this thread to Vijay with specific names, since the mods didn't seem to care.
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Unbelievable.

Absolutely, completely and ridiculously unbelievable. 😳

Let me first answer the latest comment in this thread. The mods seem to be "least bothered" by the goings on in this thread because sparing ONE member, NO ONE else "bothered" to make use of the "Report" button. What we see instead is a flagrant fight that was instigated by a few early one and has been blown out of proportion since. Contrary to popular beliefs, the moderators of a forum are NOT telepathic or psychic. We don't have a bulb in our rooms that lights up at the first sight of trouble on the forum nor do we get a "signal in the sky" akin to the many we see in superhero movies that alert us to trouble. We are meager human beings who have to go through each thread separately (which can understandably take time given the amount of activity in this forum). OR if we're lucky, the members are considerate enough to use the "Report" button bringing the problematic post/thread to our attention. Which clearly didn't happen in this thread. Hence the delayed response. But I apologize for it all the same. πŸ˜³

Coming back to the initial issue in this thread - I would like to clarify that this is a "discussion" forum. Which means topics to "discuss" the show, it's production value, it's story line are welcome and encouraged. And as some members pointed out, BASHING is not. But glancing at this thread reveals to me that maybe we are somewhat murky on the definition of "bashing" on the whole as a forum. So please take a look below:

Bashing = harsh, uncalled for, derogatory and insulting comments made towards an ACTOR or a MEMBER.

CRITICIZING an actor or a story line is NOT bashing.

And I repeat. Criticizing an actor or a story line is NOT bashing.

But insulting/attacking members for having a different opinion IS bashing.

If certain members feel that the show and its presentation is not what they expected it to be and if they expect more, they have all the right to do so! We cannot judge them or ostracize them for wanting a better value production. Just because NORMALLY all the shows are junk doesn't mean that it is OKAY to have junk shows and it doesn't mean that members should be okay with it. As long as they convey their opinion without degrading the actor, it is absolutely allowed for them to express their dislike for the show. Expressing dislike or criticizing an aspect of the show is NOT bashing. It's HOW it is done that may or may not constitute bashing.

Which leads me to my next point - if you ever come across a post that you feel is inappropriate or harsh, PLEASE report it to the DT. We do look at the reported post and we factor them strongly when trying to figure out what if anything is wrong with any threads. And the fact that this thread has had such an outburst but not an equal amount of reports just disheartens me. The moment we start pointing fingers at each other is the moment that a debate turns into an argument which turns into a fight - and that's what happened here. This could have been avoided if we had just managed to exercise and allow some freedom of speech and if we had been level-headed enough to use the report button instead of picking fights on our own. Because as demonstrated by this thread, what may seem "wrong" to you, may not really be so and may just be seeming so because of your own preference of an actor or character. This is why the DT is here - to avoid such biased arguments and to allow for an impartial viewing of the issue which inarguable leads to the most just decision.

And now, since this thread seems to have out lived its productivity.. A thread that could have been used to discuss the presence of body doubles and the appropriateness of it in a MEANINGFUL manner was turned into a war zone and that I feel was uncalled for! I shall be closing this topic but I would like to point out that for the future, PLEASE contact the DT if you come across any posts/threads that you feel may be inappropriate instead of attacking the topic starters/posters yourself because in all fairness THAT really is bashing. 😳

Topic Closed.

Regards,
BALH Dev. Team