Suggestions / Comments

IF should give credit to the writer (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

BheegiBasanti

IF-Sizzlerz

BheegiBasanti

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Its cool that 4 different DT members are defending this but it is still not right. There is a tag at the bottom (above the IANS copyright) that says posted by IF staff.

Anyway...nobody is really answering my question...how is it that other sites clearly show the author's name? What a cop-out to tell me to go report it to IANS.

Posted by: India-Forums.com Staff
Copyright IANS
Date 9/22/2011 4:21:36 PM

IF is responsible for what is posted on this site. If not, any member can post nonsense and IF has no culpability. For a site that is battling plagiarism issues when updates on this site are copied elsewhere without giving the writer any credit, this is not good.

Its your site clearly and its quite shocking to me that none of the DT responding sees what is wrong with not having a writers name displayed!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IF should give credit to the writer (Page 2)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BheegiBasanti

Unfortunately...it does not for me. Presumably, other sites use a similar automated feed. Then how is it that their posts of the articles clearly shows Subash K Jha's name while IF does not? The Deccan Herald link I posted has the author's name right on top. Just saying this is an automated feed does not make this ok.

Hi,

The point that the author name should also be there in the article is something that I personally agree with you but do understand that if the news provider/distributor (ie. IANS in this case) doesnt provide us that information how will we know that this review is by Subhash K Jha or any other author.

We are not in the position to comment on why IANS is not giving byline to the Movie Reviewer which we will surely enquire with them informally.

About your argument about other sites I can give you several other sites using the same review with no mention of the Author.

http://www.realbollywood.com/2011/09/shahid-kapoor-stands-tall-mausam-ians-movie-review-rating.html

http://www.inewsone.com/2011/09/22/shahid-kapoor-stands-tall-in-mausam-ians-movie-review-rating/78318

BTW India-Forums / Bollycurry also gets invites to all the Movie Press shows and we will be posting our own reviews soon too for both Mausam and Speedy Singh (which is currently still on).

Regards,
Vijay

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09AahaanaIshan.DUGGUlicious-HibiscusR-Smileyface-Nadii-BheegiBasantiSandstone

BheegiBasanti

IF-Sizzlerz

BheegiBasanti

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Hi Vijay...thank you for replying. Why is IF not asking IANS or other news sources to add the author name to the feed?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaSmileyface

Smileyface

Viewbie

Smileyface

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged
^^ i totally agree with u! But in this its not our fault, its IANS who hasn't written the name of their writer. We can't stress this enough that articles posted by IANS are not by the IF bollycurry team. Many times there have been issues regarding the IANS articles and BC gets blamed for it but people don't understand that BC members don't write these articles and there isn't anything we can do about this. We aren't allowed to touch these articles. IANS articles come in on their own and are posted automatically...we at BollyCurry have our own different articles and if u notice we always add our writer and editor names on it and give credit where its due. If u find articles where something is wrong, u should check the bottom, its probably by another provider and really there is nothing we can do about that. Also about what u said that it says Posted by India-forums.com staff...that is the id IANS uses to put stuff up...so once again...it has nothing to do with BC. But thanks for pointing this out and hopefully someone will talk to IANS about it =) 

Edited by Smileyface - 22 September 2011 at 11:45am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaygk_09AahaanaIshan.DUGGUliciousSano88

-HibiscusR-

Viewbie

-HibiscusR-

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BheegiBasanti

Its cool that 4 different DT members are defending this but it is still not right. There is a tag at the bottom (above the IANS copyright) that says posted by IF staff.

Anyway...nobody is really answering my question...how is it that other sites clearly show the author's name? What a cop-out to tell me to go report it to IANS.

Posted by: India-Forums.com Staff
Copyright IANS
Date 9/22/2011 4:21:36 PM

IF is responsible for what is posted on this site. If not, any member can post nonsense and IF has no culpability. For a site that is battling plagiarism issues when updates on this site are copied elsewhere without giving the writer any credit, this is not good.

Its your site clearly and its quite shocking to me that none of the DT responding sees what is wrong with not having a writers name displayed!

Hey Dear,
Regarding the Posted By: they don't mean that its their Article they mean that 1 IF Staff has posted this Article... and they have given the Credit to IANS also... There is a lot of difference between Posted By and Copyright :)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top