Balika Vadhu

ANANDI-- A Hypocrite?? - Page 5

intruderfast thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

agreed tinoo, practice what u preach woman

i dont find madan singh that wrong in protecting his family izzat
dont singh family do the same, didnt ds tried to hide gaga marriage
i dont understnad anandi stand its diff from person to personand if it is accept it, jagya is her weak point chalo maana but then dont give useless bhashans when u urself cant follow it
and, anandi is being foolish , when u r dealing with big ppl , u have to be very careful
not just declarte urself in open
infact she could have taken ds help, she is master in planning and plottingπŸ˜† , they could have  made a well thought out plan just like they did with those boys teasing gulli and caught that saadhu red handed
btw the best thing is now buddhon kii classes will be over πŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†a huge relief

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sashah_Suki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
kuch zyada he bara hai madam ka dilπŸ˜•
angeldust_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: intruderfast

agreed tinoo, practice what u preach woman

i dont find madan singh that wrong in protecting his family izzat
dont singh family do the same, didnt ds tried to hide gaga marriage
i dont understnad anandi stand its diff from person to personand if it is accept it, jagya is her weak point chalo maana but then dont give useless bhashans when u urself cant follow it
and, anandi is being foolish , when u r dealing with big ppl , u have to be very careful
not just declarte urself in open
infact she could have taken ds help, she is master in planning and plottingπŸ˜† , they could have  made a well thought out plan just like they did with those boys teasing gulli and caught that saadhu red handed
btw the best thing is now buddhon kii classes will be over πŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†a huge relief

exactly..she was very impulsive this time
she shd hav asked fr atleast dadisa's opinion like she did in the case f Gulli

when u deal wid influential ppl..u hav to be well prepared..
she needs to realize dat shez nt dealing wid PUPPETS this time

both the families wud hav to bear the brunt & pay a huge price fr her impulsive decision !!
hooked thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Whenever its anybody else and not her precious Jagya - Madam Anandi of the BIG HEART, takes up the fairness and respect everybody's feelings stand. Then it doesn't matter to her as she happily she barges into other peoples houses, upsetting their own power/logic  pyramid. She wants to do her netagiri and tell everyone how they shud behave.

She did this in her own haveli too when the elders were rightly chastising J n G for creating a scene in front of the villagers who came to talk to DS. She has no respect for elders or decency - she'll just barge into the middle of anything at all and jhaado her bhashan.

How dare she goto Asha's house and tell Kakisa what to do ? Did she listen when her mother told her why all that was happening was wrong and to walk away from there ? THEN - madam did not take the beti stand  -she said I'm beendni of the house and have to stay her coz u married me off.,

Every time she wants her own logic in her own twisted way. She is a confused, part-educated fool who has too much freedom from her Haveli n the entire khandaan who just accept her stupidities as penance for their own son's wrong-doing. Somebody shud show the mirror to her and she shud hv been told by Kakisa - Shup up n get out. This is my house and I'll do as I please n I don't have to take lip from u who can't stand up for your own self and are just interfering in others affairs.

YES - She's a Hypocrite !
angeldust_ thumbnail
^^^^
dats too rude to term her a fool
I agree dat shez a Hypocrite..but to be more precise..Shez an UNINTENTIONAL Hypocrite..!!
Edited by angeldust_ - 12 years ago
vasuja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I dont agree with this.

I would have said yes to this argument if her intention was to teach him a lesson (indirectly or directly), and she did this explicitly with intention of creating marital discord between the two.

However,  her  staying on as his legal wife is more out of laziness to file for a divorce and in order to benefit her own love-lorn memories in some weird sense ... she is not willing to cut the ties for herself, so he or teaching him a lesson did not factor into her mental framework.

In addition, we call her hypocrite because all her arguments to others are based on what they should do for broader society -- not based on one to one lesson teaching with their perpetrators.

She is not encouraging asha to prosecute sadhu as avenging asha's own insult. It is to send society a broader message - to all sadhus and to all women who are attacked by sadhus.

So, by that same token, she should prosecute jagya as a broader message to all women and to all philanders like jagya. .

wow Tinoo I wish there were many like clicking options. You just wrote every thing I always feel abt Anandi's justice...Bang on
tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: angeldust_

^^^^
dats too rude to term her a fool
I agree dat shez a Hypocrite..but to be more precise..Shez an UNINTENTIONAL Hypocrite..!!

Dear angeldust:

I agree with hooked's assessment that anandi is a fool  -  the term 'hypocrite' by itself is unintentional, so there is no need to qualify that she is unintentional hypocrite.  Good you brought this up - it gives me a chance to clarify terminology. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Thanks!  In ethical/philosophical debates these are the differences.

1.  An 'intentional hypocrite' is known as an openly evil person.
A wicked person is characterized by

a. intention to deceive people.
b. deceives people for profit to themselves.  

A classic example is sadhu baba.  So he would not be called an intentional hypocrite, he will just be called straightforward evil.  The word intentional is not required.

2. An 'inconsistent person' is someone who

a. deceives oneself and cannot face the truth (intention of deceiving others is not there, but eventually others may be deceived because the person is in self-deceit) 
b. does not deceive people for her own profit and
c. someone who has a different stand for herself at different points in time.  (But does not impose that stand on others).

Gauri can be called an inconsistent person. 

3. A hypocrite is unintentional by definition

a. deceives oneself (not others)
b. does not deceive people for her own profit. and
c. someone who has a clear consistent stand for herself and yet exhorts others to take a completely different stand.

Anandi is a hypocrite.  She is not evil because there is no intention to deceive others for her own profit -- however the stand that she takes is one  consistent yardstick for herself (no punishment of jagya to send a broader social message) and another yardstick for others (punish the sadhu to send a broader social message).

------------------------------------------------------
A fool however is defined not by intention to deceive or by profit received but  by the extent of discretion one shows in one's dealings.

A wise person is diplomatic, and has a clear understanding of long-term and short-term consequences.  They have a coherent strategy in place.  A wise person surrounds himself with people wiser than him, so that he can improve and has the benefit of their knowledge. 

A fool rants and raves, has no clearn understanding of consequences and have no coherent strategy in place.  A fool surrounds himself with people of lesser knowledge and lesser understanding so that all the other fools admire him and make him feel good.  (I do not denigrate anandi's adult education efforts -- but come on -- is she not feeling good that she is 12th pass and teaching all the illiterate villagers -- and is this not giving her some sort of ego boost, that she indeed is worth something after jagya dumped her?   If anandi were genuinely wise, she would go to university and surround herself with Ph.D. profs, and social activists and people who have started NGOs to get a broader horizon for herself? )

Plato said that a fool possesses the power of speech and a wise man possesses the power of conversation.  I think this applies in anandi's case too.  Instead of going and trying to persuade or communicate with people... as hooked says, she just barges into people's homes and starts her speeches with no regard for the power/logic pyramid that they have in their own homes. She did not consult either madan singh or dadisa to persuade them and get their buy-in. 

There are so many more definitions of wise man vs. fool and by all those definitions Anandi is both a hypocrite and a fool.

The word fool is just a descriptive adjective -- I do not think that hooked was trying to be rude or derogatory.

angeldust_ thumbnail
@tinoo

wow I really liked dat detailed explanation f terminology
"Plato said that a fool possesses the power of speech and a wise man possesses the power of conversation. "
^^^ very well said

but dear my use f word Unintentional was very much Intentional πŸ˜‰

I think Anandi is tryin to keep herself busy to get ovr her own sufferings.. but its high time she learns to keep a chk on her harangues & impulsive decisions !!

thrz one more thng I wud like to point out here..

like she asked madan.."agar aapki apni beti ke saath ye sab hota "
I wud like to ask her "don't ur parents deserve the happiness & satisfaction f seeing ur culprits behind the bars..??"

tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: angeldust_

@tinoo

like she asked madan.."agar aapki apni beti ke saath ye sab hota "
I wud like to ask her "don't ur parents deserve the happiness & satisfaction f seeing ur culprits behind the bars..??"

yes exactly! dont her own parents deserve the happiness and satisfaction of seeing jagya punished.

Plus, I feel that this sort of dialogue is an insult to Madan Singh.  In his place, I would have thrown anandi out after giving her a tight slap.

He is legal guardian of asha, and he has brought her up, despite being his niece/distant cousin. He has given her the place of his own daughter. 

Who in their right mind would take the responsibility of another person's widowed daughter in their home?  It is both a societal risk (in terms of villagers shunning the home because of 'apshagun')  and  a real risk in terms of asha's young age (in terms of the possibility of her falling in love or something because of her young age).

The very fact that he has taken her in his home is evidence of the fact that he considers her equivalent to his own daughter  (within rajasthani society this is a very big thing -- there is no concept of foster child etc.)  Meaning that taking into one's home means accepting the person as a family member... Madan singh is not running a hotel where widows check in.

He has been responsible for asha since a very long time -- even before shyam and suguna got married -- and today anandi comes and says that she is not his daughter?

And how does she know ? Maybe Madan singh would have said the same for his daughter too!!
Maybe he would not want to prosecute the sadhu even in the case of his own daughter.

It is very presumptuous for anandi to either assume or to imply that asha is receiving differential treatment from Madan singh.

sreevask thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tinoo

Dear angeldust:

I agree with hooked's assessment that anandi is a fool  -  the term 'hypocrite' by itself is unintentional, so there is no need to qualify that she is unintentional hypocrite.  Good you brought this up - it gives me a chance to clarify terminology. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Thanks!  In ethical/philosophical debates these are the differences.

1.  An 'intentional hypocrite' is known as an openly evil person.
A wicked person is characterized by

a. intention to deceive people.
b. deceives people for profit to themselves.  

A classic example is sadhu baba.  So he would not be called an intentional hypocrite, he will just be called straightforward evil.  The word intentional is not required.

2. An 'inconsistent person' is someone who

a. deceives oneself and cannot face the truth (intention of deceiving others is not there, but eventually others may be deceived because the person is in self-deceit) 
b. does not deceive people for her own profit and
c. someone who has a different stand for herself at different points in time.  (But does not impose that stand on others).

Gauri can be called an inconsistent person. 

3. A hypocrite is unintentional by definition

a. deceives oneself (not others)
b. does not deceive people for her own profit. and
c. someone who has a clear consistent stand for herself and yet exhorts others to take a completely different stand.

Anandi is a hypocrite.  She is not evil because there is no intention to deceive others for her own profit -- however the stand that she takes is one  consistent yardstick for herself (no punishment of jagya to send a broader social message) and another yardstick for others (punish the sadhu to send a broader social message).

------------------------------------------------------
A fool however is defined not by intention to deceive or by profit received but  by the extent of discretion one shows in one's dealings.

A wise person is diplomatic, and has a clear understanding of long-term and short-term consequences.  They have a coherent strategy in place.  A wise person surrounds himself with people wiser than him, so that he can improve and has the benefit of their knowledge. 

A fool rants and raves, has no clearn understanding of consequences and have no coherent strategy in place.  A fool surrounds himself with people of lesser knowledge and lesser understanding so that all the other fools admire him and make him feel good.  (I do not denigrate anandi's adult education efforts -- but come on -- is she not feeling good that she is 12th pass and teaching all the illiterate villagers -- and is this not giving her some sort of ego boost, that she indeed is worth something after jagya dumped her?   If anandi were genuinely wise, she would go to university and surround herself with Ph.D. profs, and social activists and people who have started NGOs to get a broader horizon for herself? )

Plato said that a fool possesses the power of speech and a wise man possesses the power of conversation.  I think this applies in anandi's case too.  Instead of going and trying to persuade or communicate with people... as hooked says, she just barges into people's homes and starts her speeches with no regard for the power/logic pyramid that they have in their own homes. She did not consult either madan singh or dadisa to persuade them and get their buy-in. 

There are so many more definitions of wise man vs. fool and by all those definitions Anandi is both a hypocrite and a fool.

The word fool is just a descriptive adjective -- I do not think that hooked was trying to be rude or derogatory.

Made me feel happy for being a member of this forum.Every word of your analysis is a treasure of knowledge we had the chance 2 share n save.Expect more 4m u as always...

It is the CVs who r twistin' n turning the characters without a vision leaving a hypocrite Anandi,a mindless Gouri, a Heartless J,useless haveli log & perplexed audience.
Edited by sreevask - 12 years ago