~ Is Arnav & Khushi's love story fair? ~

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hi *waves like a freaky pedophile* it's me again! 😊 Oye now you better not be shaking your head and rolling your eyes thinking 'what does she want to blabber on about now!?' Well *deep breath - inhaling not exhaling as I do not have mint to flower you all with my night breath* there has been a thing that has been nagging my insides, twisting and churning it until I am quite confident that I have no intestines left. Okay so I like the main lead as a couple. I really do. Since I am an obsessive believer that the MAIN leads ALWAYS have to end up together, even if the male lead turns evil and kills all mankind (Like Sharukh did in Anjaam 😳) I still hope for a happy ending.

Yes nod your head and state that I have no self respect. LMAO! I do! But in terms of fiction, I let it wither away in the back - behind the shadows, in the dark - never to be found *looks around shiftily*. But for the first time in my fictional life - I felt a spine growing and I realized there was something that I needed to clear off my chest. It has occurred to me that indeed Lavanya is not the lead and she will never be able to hold a passionate place in Arnav's heart. However to our dismay she is currently in a relationship with Arnav. Although he does not want to give it a name (Pun not intended - Is Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon, get it get it? 🤣) it is without a doubt that they share something. Here in Australia we would name their relationship as to being De Facto (Posh name for Live in couples).

Now in her own selfish abnormal way - Lavanya has a massive crush on Arnav. I wouldn't call it love because I don't even know if she does love him or his status/money. But nevertheless she was already having a fling with the boss before Khushi came into his life. This is the dilemma. I don't know how they are going to proceed with Khushi & Arnav's love story without making it seem cruelly unfair on the third persona who is a part of this love triangle. If Lavanya turns evil or negative after Arnav & Khushi's love story develops - can we really blame or hate her? 😳 Would it not be considered morally wrong (on Khushi's behalf - who has now extended her hand in friendship towards Lavanya) to fall in love with a man who is already in a relationship with someone she knows and is acquainted with?

I wouldn't call Khushi and Lavanya friends. But they are acquaintances and Khushi is trying to help Lavanya form a serious relationship with Arnav. Therefore would it not be wrong to fall in love or possibly marry the very same man you were encouraging another girl to do? Do I make any sense? 😵 It's not that I do not want the main leads to fall in love (believe me I DO) but I kind of feel sorry for Lavanya too. If you don't understand what I'm trying to convey let me give you an example:

I'll be Samira (well I am er ... ) and let's say I am in a De Facto relationship with Arjun Rampal (ROFL that's if I'm still alive after declaring the 'live-in' relationship to the family). So I have a massive crush on him (I do) and I am possessive of him (duh!? Look at those dimples!). Then comes Katrina Kaif (only mentioning her because I like to hate on her - sorry peeps). Now Katrina works with Arjun Rampal and his family hires her to reform me so I can be suitable for him. Katrina gives me to tips in trying to get in Arjun's families good books. She also encourages me to fight for my martial rights and try to get Arjun to marry me. Now after changing my mind about marriage and now being certain that I want him to marry me, I try my best to impress him. Then behind my back, Arjun & Katrina are doing Rabba Ve eyelocks and hugging in the rain. In the future track Arjun and Katrina fall in love.

Will I be entitled to feel betrayed? To entrust everything to a girl in hopes that she will help me marry Arjun, only to realize that she also fell in love with him too. But because this is my story Imran Abbas will come into my life and marry me 😊. Then Damon and Maan will become my mistresses. End of my story - I deserve a happy ending!

So do you know where I am coming from? Anyone want to share similar or differing views? Help show me the light!? Open for discussion = ) And let's not be biased. Let us think realistically

Thanks!

Tata

Sammy the great, 2011.

Edited by _SiinnceMaan_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AquaBluez17 thumbnail
Lol! This is rele wht I needed in the morning! So cute :)
aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Umm, I kinda agree with you. It's not fair to Lavanya cause she loves Arnav, or so I presume. The love hasn't really been shown, so assuming that Lavanya does love Arnav, and she's trying her best to fit in his family, it would seem unfair if she doesn't get love in return.

However, it's not really unfair, cause Arnav doesn't love her back. It's pretty obvious that Arnav really isn't in love with her, and it would also be wrong to think that La is being treated unfairly or wrongly, cause it's not really Arnav's fault if he doesn't love Lavanya. And if he doesn't love her, she can't really expect him to stay in a relationship with her just cause she loves her. So yeah, although it's sad for Lavanya, it's also something that can't be helped, cause there's no explanation for love. In fact, I think once La realises ASR's feelings, she'd want to break up with ASR herself (presuming the CVs take the track ahead logically and sensibly) cause you don't wanna be trapped with someone who'd never reciprocate the love.
However, it's for both La and ASR to realise that they're going nowhere with this relationship, and the sooner they realise the better.
Edited by aa123.80 - 12 years ago
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
No it is certainly not fair. But who said Life is fair?😊

Great post, btw.
monsi08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Dear Samira(*if this is ur real name... if it isnt.. i wud continue to call u by this name 😆*)
🤣 I am still ROFL on your story with all hot hunks.. Arjun.. Damon.. Maan...
arre hamare liye bhi kisi ko chhod do 😛😆

Well for your questions.. here is my take (*in short*)..
as they say... pyar kiya nahin jata .. ho jata hai.. (*love is not planned.. it happens*)... so we cant say that Khushi is wrong that she is falling in love with Arnav... She can very well hide her feelings even being in front of Arnav...
Arnav too since *WE* know .. is not in love with LA... can fall in love with Khushi...
what wud be wrong here is that they start their relation behind LA's back... it's then cheating.. Arnav has to gracefully come out of the *so-called* relationship with LA before he makes any moves towards Khushi. He has to explain her that he doesnt love her and cant continue intead of waiting for LA to get the signals of his being in love with someone else... imagine she witnessing their intense eye-lock and hugging sessions(😍)...
In this way... the ending will still be good as you ask for 😊 ...

Cheers,
Monsi

uniquebluerose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Well even in reality...a relationship where love is only assumed like it is between Lavanya and ARna eventually becomes love less relationship ...it is wrong...since they do not love each other like in true love and they just think that "they are in love" one fine day both will realise they are not in love with each other and are actually in love with some other person (hope I am making sense!!!!!!)...then what is purpose of this love less relationship!!!!!
Well actually speaking from a point of view if you remeber the sequence where La imagines the future...she senses that ARnav may leave her esp after she becomes old and unattaractive (la will defenitely faint when she reads these words!!!)...thats the only thing why she wants to marry ARnav so that he does not leave her ...well i think its ot justified in any chance ture love wheter live in or not is not about taking further step into marriage just so that you guys feel bound up to each other for rest of you lives...
and well not to stop my rambling and coming to the point...
as what is there between La and ARnav is just a convenient relationship ...as far as he is concerned and the moment he finds it inconvenient...he will break it and La though i do not think she is behind his money...she seems to worship  him and agree to everything he says (she will even agree if he says that its the sun that goes round the earth and not other way round!!!!) I believe La has only some kind of puppy love for Arnav like I have for Sharukh or John Abraham...though I will be excited at the propspet of marrying/living in with any one them...i do not guess i can handle it long as there no love!!!!!
Similarly La will realise Arnav doesn't love her and find true love elsewere and...
and the true lovers Khushi and Arnav will unite!!!!
yippe yay
Edited by sreeda18 - 12 years ago
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Yes I do agree RE the "De-facto" relationship being a complicated aspect of the ARSHI love story. ( I am from NZ, so half the people I know here are in similar relatioships and it is widley accepted), however marraige is still important to people here and a lot of De-facto people do aspire to get married...
But getting back to the Lavanya issue, yes she was having a fling with ASR and then to spite his Nani he bought her to their home and in between all this, he ends up developing feelings for another women (Kushi). The thing is, La and ASR are not right for each other, and Kushi is the right women for him, coz she can stand up to him... therefore sad as it is for La, that relationship does need to end.

However... I DO know what you mean about it seeming like a betrayal on Kushi's part. I dont think Kushi will give in to her feelings while La is in the picture as ASR's GF. This goes aganist her moral code... let us watch and see how this one plays out!
stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
LOL coz i was about to throw in something on similar lines(about la).. yes, its not like just beacuse they are leads they have to fall in love? but remember we are dealing with aN indian drama series here, oh wait! for that matter any drama series! 😵
i feel sorry for la, the Girl HAS tried and i DO pity her, coz hey! shez gonna get dumped very badly, which is why i, for one want her to herself realise that the man has Eyes for someone else and leave..
*in case you remember my antics SAM* hi!!

@vistaa di!! thats 101.99% true.. who said the world is fair?🤔

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: aa123.80

Umm, I kinda agree with you. It's not fair to Lavanya cause she loves Arnav, or so I presume. The love hasn't really been shown, so assuming that Lavanya does love Arnav, and she's trying her best to fit in his family, it would seem unfair if she doesn't get love in return.

However, it's not really unfair, cause Arnav doesn't love her back. It's pretty obvious that Arnav really isn't in love with her, and it would also be wrong to think that La is being treated unfairly or wrongly, cause it's not really Arnav's fault if he doesn't love Lavanya. And if he doesn't love her, she can't really expect him to stay in a relationship with her just cause she loves her. So yeah, although it's sad for Lavanya, it's also something that can't be helped, cause there's no explanation for love. In fact, I think once La realises ASR's feelings, she'd want to break up with ASR herself (presuming the CVs take the track ahead logically and sensibly) cause you don't wanna be trapped with someone who'd never reciprocate the love.
However, it's for both La and ASR to realise that they're going nowhere with this relationship, and the sooner they realise the better.

Hey hun, first and foremost thank you for providing your views. I agree completely with your perspective and I understand where you are coming from. But it's not Arnav that I am solely worried about, it's Khushi. Now us being girls - we all have that friendship rule. Never go out or fall for your friends partner or ex. It's against the rules. Now as I said Khushi & Lavanya aren't really friends but they are women. And who should know more about a woman's feelings than a woman herself?

In Khushi's perspective - Arnav and Lavanya are in a serious relationship. Now I'm just confused how the show will proceed in showing such a respectful and courageous girl forget about the fact that although one sided, Lavanya does like him and thus continue to fall deeper in love with Arnav. For example: If I knew a girl liked a guy, and despite the fact that it might be unrequited and one sided, I would still find it wrong to pursue the guy. Even if the guy turned around and claimed that he liked me and not the girl I knew, I would find it wrong to be with him because I already knew about the girl's feelings. Do you know what I mean?

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Arjun Rampal and Katrina Kaif!! You have got to be kidding girl ! 🤣 🤣

On a serious note.Stay away from him. He's mine. 😡

I agree that Khushi and Lavanya are acquaintances rather the friends. And i also feel sorry for Lavs. Arnav and Lavs will eventually split but when that happens I wouldn't hold Khushi entirely responsible. Even without Khushi there relationship would not last very long due to the lack of love and commitment from Arnav side.