Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

Rank the films

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

devashree_hElusiveDevotion-GredForge-herms_angelepiphany.tomnjerry2

ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Nice explanation about why you liked the movies and why you didn't. I'm somewhat biased for DH (both the book and movie) since it's like THE last and seventh part that just has to wrap everything up, in that sense I love anything-everything DH. Prefer DH part 1 much more, the trio managed to capture all the emotions very well. As for part 2, it was rushed in some places...nevertheless..watching it was a great experience.

My rating:
1. DH part 1
2. DH part 2
3. Prisoner of Azkaban ( I too loved the third movie...I've watched this one nearly 10-15 times lol...it's a visual treat in every sense of the word...plus this scene is just pure magic...along with the background music, it had an amazing soundtrack as well)

4. Goblet of Fire (I'm not too fond of Mike Newell as a director, I just like this one cuz I'm really fond of GOF the book..and so..)

5. Sorceror's Stone and Chamber

6. Order of the Phoenix

7. Half Blood Prince ( I hate this movie with a passion)...they kinda ruined HBP for me...what the completely uncharacteristic Lavender and oddly placed Harry Ginny scenes...Wacko
ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Half Blood Prince failed to do any justice to either the love stories (to be fair, even Rowling isn't the best when it comes down to writing romance - most of her love couples make me gag, or just shake my head in disbelief), or the torment Draco went through;

I've never liked Draco as a character and loved the whole Hermione-Ron-Lavender subplot in the book...but strangely, I felt the exact opposite while watching the movie. The only thing that redeemed HBP (the movie) was Draco's character, his story and Tom's performance. The whole Ron-Lavender-Hermione thing was sooo poorly done with lousy performances by all the actors...They made it seem like a BIG joke.LOL 

Edited by Ninotchka - 22 September 2011 at 11:07pm
-GredForge- IF-Rockerz
-GredForge-
-GredForge-

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 4:37am | IP Logged
1-i loved DH-2  the most! it was lik the last part and the last movie so i just loved it and d film was done nicely to acc. to me!:) all of them were superb except the final harry-voldy scene i loved everything in this movie! it was the best!
2-DH-1 was also excellent but it did not have as much action as the second one so i like this one second!
3-gof-i have watched this movie like a 100 times so maybe thats the reason i like it soo much!::) loved everything in this movie!:)
4-poa-this movie had everything important of d bk so it simply rocked!
5-ps-this movie was awesome bcoz the trio were sooo cute!<3 loved them in this ad their acting esp dan!<3
6-oop-the movie was f9 but kinda rushed at places and dragging at some! oop is my most fav bk among all and i was just dissappointed 2 c d movie with soo many cuts!
7-cos-was a good movie for timepass otherwise quite boring!:)
8-hbp-was not happy with this movie!:( dont know wat happened when! half the things wen i watched the first time were not clear to me and i didnt enjoy watching it as much as i expected to!:(

nice topic!:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

-VishaD- Viewbie
-VishaD-
-VishaD-

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Nice topic and i will rank Num 4 as my all time fav Smile
Ahlaam5 IF-Rockerz
Ahlaam5
Ahlaam5

Posted: 28 September 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged
1. DH1
2. DH2
3. HBP
4.PS
5.COS
6.GOF
7.POA
8.OOTP
Masooma Bukhari IF-Addictz
Masooma Bukhari
Masooma Bukhari

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Prisoner of Azkaban... best of all..! Heart
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 29 September 2011 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top