Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sita11

they showed that Krishna and Balram were preparing for the war with Jarasandh and they even showed the battlefield but ended the show without showing it and in such abrupt ways ...

I meant that when JSK first began, it was planned to show only up till Kans Vadh, but then the audience demanded them to show more because people felt it was unfair for Meghan to have been in the show so less in comparison to Dhriti (which is true), he worked equally hard. So then they began showing beyond Kans Vadh when Colors forced them to stop during the Uddhav track.

Had the Bal Krishna stories not been dragged just because Dhriti was popular, both she and Meghan would have been in the show an equal amount of time (Meghan more actually, since the Bal Krishna phase is not supposed to be that long) and Sagar Pictures may have been able to finish showing Jarasandh before ending the show.

The thing with Sagar Pictures is that they don't plan their shows well beforehand...sometimes they drag tracks and at other times they show them too fast. If they plan meticulously and not give in to every demand by the audience, JSK could have ended very nicely with the defeat of Jarasandh, and then DBSK could have begun right afterwards.

When it comes to mythos, I prefer Sagar Arts because not only their planning, the clothing and sets they use also look more apt for mythos...sometimes, Sagar Pictures sets look a bit dreary and depressing. For Kans's Rajmahal in JSK, that's fine because it symbolizes that he's evil, but showing the Rajmahal at Dwaraka like that also doesn't really catch the interest of viewers. Mytho shows should be bright and colorful, so that even those who are not very religious feel compelled to watch it for the cheer and magic.😊
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
yup sagar arts sets are always more bright and vibrant ...
missing Rukmini devi terribely in the on-going sudama episodes
dont know whats wrong with the channel creatives and the makers ...
why cant they take any other actress as Rukmini is priya is not there to act...
Yup we all JSK fans wnated to see more n more of meghan as teenage Krishna ..that was really un-fair with him...

we all are attached to the show just becaz of LOrd Krishna ...CAN'T UNDERSTAND why these creatives dont listen to us...
hope star plus makes Mahabharat with full details ...
Star plus Mahabharat will come next year ...

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

^^ I think it's about time someone other than the Sagars makes a show on Lord Krishna. The fame seems to have gone to their head and with every mytho show they make these days, there are more deviations and inaccuracies. It's ridiculous!

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
First things first - I've rarely watched JSK (except when I caught Vasudev in psycho mode), so won't comment on it here.

But on DBSK, I'm missing the complaints about the Narakasura track.  IMO, it was one of the finest tracks they did - the costumes (except of course Satyabhama's) were pretty authentic, unlike that of Jarasandha's allies, the story was also quite accurate (except the Satyabhama haran part and the attempted suicide by Narakasura's captive women).  So I just didn't get how anyone can claim that it was dragged.  Sudama's story is dragged - we're now in week 3.  I have no idea of whether Chakradhar was real or not, but I do think that yesterday's scene would have been on day 4 of week 1.

Also, analyzing this serial, I'll say it's been continuously improving.  At the beginning, when they'd show Krishna fleeing from battles w/o explaining the original contexts, him mocking Balarama, Rukmi acting like another Kansa, that was when they had it completely screwed up.  And the costumes worn by Jarasandha and his allies was just laughable, and less so was Balarama's helmet.  It continued that way when they showed the incident w/ Kritavarma's child, and Devaki's behavior w/ Krishna.

In the Syamantaka gem episodes, it was a mixed bag - they totally butchered Satrajit's character, and in the process made Krishna look greedy.  This was inexcusable.  Then they showed BRKR doing an puja to Ganesh, and later, another puja to Mahadev to trump Ganesh   And Rukmini's character was totally shredded - the way she'd tremble @ those apshakuns was like she was Mandodari, rather than Rukmini.  I never thought anyone could screw up a Rukmini act, but Priya showed one how.

Narakasura was in fact the turning point - all the episodes shown were authentic, except of course the capture of Satyabhama.  This of course depends on which version one follows - the original had Krishna killing Mura & his sons w/ ease, and then Narakasura: Satyabhama was just there for the sightseeing.  One version had Satyabhama herself fight Narakasura, and in the serial, they showed them both killing him.  The context of what Narakasura did was important, so the coverage given to him was appropriate.

I agree the parijat & tulabharam episodes were twisted, and this serial seems to have given Jambavati a long leash while losing Rukmini.  Right now, Rukmini's only remaining role is the birth of Pradhyumna, which could even be a cameo role, since she's just there having given birth to him, and then loses him.  The last time they showed her, she was welcoming Krishna & Satyabhama back from their battle, but didn't say anything.  The role that is left could possibly be done by Priya's double.

For the balance, depending on what they show, Satyabhama in MB meets Draupadi during the Pandava exile, while according to SB, all wives of Krishna met Draupadi and told them their stories about how they married Krishna.  Given what they've been showing, it makes more sense to focus on the MB version.  Rukmini did have a role in helping Subhadra raise Abhimanyu and Draupadi's kids, but other than that, not much else.  None of Krishna's wives have a Sita like role in his story.

It will be interesting to see what they show once Sudama is over.
sitakshii thumbnail
vrish i just didnot like these things in the Narkasur episodes
1. The lady playing satyabhama ..uff she is just so terrible
2 the black colour of Garuda ,it was giving a look of a crow to Garuda...i wish they shd hv shown a white GARUDA ...instead of the black one ...

3. the actor who played Narkasur was so over dramatic...

4. Repeating same lines and those same ahankaar scenes and abduction of Satyabhama and the way they showed Narkasur holding satyabham awith her hair was just not done ..it was all so fake...

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
The Narakasur track was not tooo bad, especially when we compare it to the 100% fictional Kritavarma one, but the actress playing Satyabhama is what ruined it for me...she made Satyabhama's character seem like a spoiled little brat and though Satyabhama was supposed to be a little proud, she was also respectful and mindful of her manners. She was said to be the avatar of Bhumi Devi after all, so there should be an amount of grace and dignity in an actress playing her.

Though the Sudama track is being dragged like the Sudama track of SK, it seems very natural and accurate, which is the reason I love it. The actor playing Sudama is also amazing, so it's really nice to see him and Vishal together onscreen.👏

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Okay, I see the finer points of your stand...

Originally posted by: sita11

vrish i just didnot like these things in the Narkasur episodes
1. The lady playing satyabhama ..uff she is just so terrible  True, but that's true in general, not just this track.  Actually, I have somewhat mixed opinions about her - she has her moments when she's just admirable, whether it's telling her servant to pick up a thali that has just fallen instead of trembling like Rukmini @ the apshakuns, rallying the women of Narakasura to rebel against him, and so on.  Otoh, there are times when she's just abominable, like when she accuses Krishna of lying right in his face 🤢 
2 the black colour of Garuda ,it was giving a look of a crow to Garuda...i wish they shd hv shown a white GARUDA ...instead of the black one ... I agree, but think they should have had a Garuda similar to the one they had in ASR, who saved Rama & Lakshman from the naagpash.  Garuda didn't so much look like a crow, but he did look strange.  Also, to pick a singularly old guy to play Garuda's human form was really odd - that guy, as some other poster remarked, may as well have played Ugrasena
3. the actor who played Narkasur was so over dramatic... Maybe, but I thought he matched Narakasura's profile reasonably well, except for being barefooted.  I mean, the same Narakasura who robbed Indra, Varuna & Aditi couldn't find shoes in heaven that suited him?  Also, like all villains in the story, they villified him even more than necessary by showing him as having imprisoned Mura's sons and telling Mura on his face that he expected him to lay down his life for him in the quest to separate Krishna & Satyabhama: even Ravana wasn't as brazen.
4. Repeating same lines and those same ahankaar scenes and abduction of Satyabhama and the way they showed Narkasur holding satyabham awith her hair was just not done ..it was all so fake...  Yeah, that part - Satyabhama's capture - was totally fake, and it looked like they were trying to replay Ravana-Sita in that part.  The ahankar scenes were okay, but Naraka wasn't just after new women - he was after all sorts of wealth as well.

sitakshii thumbnail
yup vrish the actor who played GARUDA was so fat ...totally weird as garuda ...
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
sitakshii thumbnail

good as the Imagine channel was going on high lossess and hope that the new creative head of imagine listen to the requests of Dwarikadhish show fans
 now we the viewers wud get rid of the stupid Rakhi shows ...😆😆
Edited by sita11 - 12 years ago