Arnav-Khushi: An extremely abusive equation.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Now, now, now.

Before you get your stilettos ,pumps and flip flops to throw at me , just hear me out.

Read what i put in the topic. Arnav and Khushi are an extremely abusive EQUATION, not a relationship because the latter has not even begun yet as they both are busy playing  "Who is the meaner creep" with each-other as of now. So, now, the question is that why are their interactions , so abusive? Sometimes even amounting to physical manhandling on Arnav's part. Sometimes evoking a real mean streak in Khushi that comes out in aggressive judgments of Arnav.

Why do they behave like they do? Reason? Well, without bashing either the Beast or his Beauty, i would say that Arnav is monstrous to Khushi because he is terrified. Khushi has these bouts of sermonizing , abusing and accusing Arnav because that is the only way she can blabber and stand straight in front of him. The moment she goes silent , his whole persona and that carnal energy that he emanates makes her buckle under pressure.

Arnav is a mountain , at least he believes himself to be. So, what does a mountain do when you set it up with dynamites to break it up and make inroads? Obviously, it is not going to be very happy about it. Khushi is that dynamite. She unleashes the man , the human-being behind the cold good looks and the graveyard silence of his heart. Her "fearlessness" , her virginal innocence , her refusal to cow down to him inspite of being terrorized by his mere voice and her ability to put it across to him that she is his EQUAL makes Arnav desire her , want her. But how can he be in sync with the demands of his heart when he doesn't listen to it? Arnav's mind, his ego , his heart and the man are not synchronized with each-other at all. He is full of islands within himself and that is the reason , you find him looking lost whenever he is alone or brooding. That is why he has no idea what he wants to do with Khushi exactly - and this confused frustrated state makes Arnav lose control . And how can ASR not be in control? You see the result of his inner turmoil in Khushi's ill treatment , her bashing , thrashing , and what not.

I am not justifying Arnav . Nobody can. Am just trying to see where he is coming from. You don't talk about ethics , morals , right or wrong with Arnav when it comes to his ASR persona. No. In Arnav's world, he is the law and he is the moral code. The rest can go to hell. And this is not gonna change unless Arnav has an emotional upheavel in his life that pulls that 11 year old numb boy out of him.

As for Khushi, well, her character has a lot of evolving and growing up to do. Especially , if she is ever to understand, comprehend , protect and love Arnav in future. Maybe that womanhodo will begin to make way into this brat when she falls in love with Arnav. Right now, she is Elizabeth Bennet of P&P who has taken Arnav purely at face value and hearsay. Or should i say that she clings to her own character sketch of him because if she can't even stand straight in front of monster Arnav unless she is fighting with him, how will she conduct herself with good Arnav? She chooses to see his dark side ( which he makes no efforts to veil either) because that makes it super easy to hate him. Easy.Don't explore any spectrum of emotions of basoc human connection with him.  Hate the beast. Make his life hell. Lecture . Sermonize. But never try to find out what he feels or what he wants. And Arnav's equally stubborn darkness does nothing to enlighten Khushi. So, Khushi abuses him and his existence with her feminist gibberish and her pet job of assasinating his character at regular intervals. She would rather not think about that slight rush of adrenaline and a skipped heartbeat she feels  when she looks into his empty intense eyes or when he looks at her in those rare moments of tender kindness. Convenient.

Arnav runs from what he feels. Khushi chooses what she thinks and not what she feels.

They hurt and ravage each-other because one moment of pregnant silence between them could unleash something they would neither be able to live with nor run away from. Abuse is their excuse and it will be fun to see just how long , how far they can stretch this hatred chewing gum.

Adios.

Love and luck always,❀️
GOD bless everyone.
πŸ€—
Edited by PinkChocolate - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hola poco!!

nice post as usual but what happened to ur episode analysis?

these two are da running candidates at da olympic medal for da meanest person in delhi or india for that matter! both have their justifications for being wicked & ruthless
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: NaDzGirl

hola poco!!

nice post as usual but what happened to ur episode analysis?

these two are da running candidates at da olympic medal for da meanest person in delhi or india for that matter! both have their justifications for being wicked & ruthless

🀣

I stopped writing epi analysis 'coz we were hardly getting any proper ArHi track or even scenes. La's training , Naaniji's hitlergiri , Shyaam babuyaa's mean grins were irritating the hell outta me. ... But a past few epis were good. Arnav was nice once in a million years , La treats Khushi like a human being now and finally, the story is moving.

The show should be renamed : Is Raakshas Caampetition ko kya naam doon?πŸ˜†... but i guess, that is the root. ArHi are meant to have a passionate love-hate relationship and this is only the warm-up exercise. 😎

adits7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
good post..πŸ‘...

esp dis last part

They hurt and ravage each-other because one moment of pregnant silence between them could unleash something they would neither be able to live with nor run away from. Abuse is their excuse and it will be fun to see just how long , how far they can stretch this hatred chewing gum.

..bt mre good to c u bk wid posts...πŸ€—
Edited by adits7 - 12 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: adits7

good post..πŸ‘...

esp dis last part

..bt mre good to c u bk wid posts...πŸ€—

Addy! I got ur PMs and i do miss coming here since i like ArHi a lot. πŸ˜ƒ... the story and the episodes were becoming tiresome.... abhi kucch dinon se phir bhi theek hai, Thanks for replying and thanks for missing me. πŸ€—
Pragzie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I almost didnt recognize you due to your new nameπŸ˜† But one i saw your trademark pink and read the post i knew only you could write such a beautiful post..Pocu diπŸ€—

Arnav is a complex character. Yesterday,one moment he was mand handling her and another moment he was enchanted by her beauty and couldnt take his eyes off her. One moment he is ready to kill her,the next moment he saves her. Arnav already has deep seated feelings for khushi. He doesnt want to accept the fact that khushi is important to him. He hates himself for falling in love with khushi some one who challenges him,yells at him,plays pranks at him and makes him feel stupid and like a beast. He hates her guts . He covers his some what confused feelings for her by shouting at her. He is some one who has closed his heart to love. As you said he fears the feeling khushi brings him in .  He is used to people falling at his feet,listening to some but KKG is different.  We always fall in love with the person who does pay any heed to us and that's exactly what happened with Arnav

Khushi on the other hand is defiant,fearless . She can't help but reply back to Arnav. He makes her heart stop some-times. He is ajeeb,she hates him but who can miss the soft red on her cheeks when he looks at her or is within her proximity.

As you said oops wrote,they remind me of Elizabeth and Darcy. They hate each other .they leave no chance to insult the other but when apart Darcy is the only person who Elizabeth thinks about. Darcy the rich and rude gentleman and Elizabeth the fearless yet vulnerable,audacious. Like you,i cannot wait to see how our Desi Liz and Darcy finally fall in a love.

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PinkChocolate

🀣

I stopped writing epi analysis 'coz we were hardly getting any proper ArHi track or even scenes. La's training , Naaniji's hitlergiri , Shyaam babuyaa's mean grins were irritating the hell outta me. ... But a past few epis were good. Arnav was nice once in a million years , La treats Khushi like a human being now and finally, the story is moving.

The show should be renamed : Is Raakshas Caampetition ko kya naam doon?πŸ˜†... but i guess, that is the root. ArHi are meant to have a passionate love-hate relationship and this is only the warm-up exercise. 😎

hmmm true doll & i can't blame u for not writin cuz there wasn't much to write about but still i love ur B&B analysis with da pinch of fairy tale touch into it. psst: i dont mind nagging u to write at least once a week like diya does so that we all can enjoy ur fabulous writing...

well so far it has been only nafrat with no love of what so ever ahhh *sigh* not sure if CVs are monitoring our tolerance levels by showcasing only hatred. so yeah let's change da title to iss nafrat ko kya naam doon instead of pyaar πŸ€£

one more thing doll... i was wondering whether da production house should change da tagline as well to mohabbat paas aane na de, nafrat door jaane na de cuz they're evidently closer psychically & mentally tnx to nafrat & more nafrat πŸ˜†
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pragzie

I almost didnt recognize you due to your new nameπŸ˜† But one i saw your trademark pink and read the post i knew only you could write such a beautiful post..Pocu diπŸ€—

Arnav is a complex character. Yesterday,one moment he was mand handling her and another moment he was enchanted by her beauty and couldnt take his eyes off her. One moment he is ready to kill her,the next moment he saves her. Arnav already has deep seated feelings for khushi. He doesnt want to accept the fact that khushi is important to him. He hates himself for falling in love with khushi some one who challenges him,yells at him,plays pranks at him and makes him feel stupid and like a beast. He hates her guts . He covers his some what confused feelings for her by shouting at her. He is some one who has closed his heart to love. As you said he fears the feeling khushi brings him in .  He is used to people falling at his feet,listening to some but KKG is different.  We always fall in love with the person who does pay any heed to us and that's exactly what happened with Arnav

Khushi on the other hand is defiant,fearless . She can't help but reply back to Arnav. He makes her heart stop some-times. He is ajeeb,she hates him but who can miss the soft red on her cheeks when he looks at her or is within her proximity.

As you said oops wrote,they remind me of Elizabeth and Darcy. They hate each other .they leave no chance to insult the other but when apart Darcy is the only person who Elizabeth thinks about. Darcy the rich and rude gentleman and Elizabeth the fearless yet vulnerable,audacious. Like you,i cannot wait to see how our Desi Liz and Darcy finally fall in a love.

Arre? Praggu? πŸ€—β€οΈπŸ€—... kaisi hai chhotti bacchi?😳...Awesome to see you after such a long time. Mere kitne bhi naam badal jaayein , main pink hi rehne waali hoon. 🀣... i totally agree with what you said and what you desribed is exactky how ArHi's equation is. Arnav has to keep shouting and screaming at Khushi so that the loving man inside him doesn't show up. Khushi oscillates between attraction-repulsion for Arnav. An extremely complicated situation where both the mind and the heart are at cross-roads and the protagonists have no idea where they are headed with each-other. 😊
Wow! Amazingly written! Loved every word of it! And I totally agree with ur analysis. Their both scared of the elephant in the room so they chose to ignore it!
bholabear thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nice post. Yes, I agree with the analogy, it's really neat the way you brought it to life. Thanks a lot!