Ekta Kapoor's Bajirao Mastani on TV - Article

xo4515 Senior Member
xo4515
xo4515

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Ekta Kapoor's Bajirao Mastani on TV

Ekta Kapoor
While it has been Sanjay Leela Bhansali's dream to make a film on the Maratha ruler Peshwa Baji Rao I and his wife Mastani called Bajirao Mastani, it seems soap queen Ekta Kapoor has taken a lead. Reports are that she is working on the love story of the two historical figures while keeping the details under wraps. Ekta is looking to making this mystical love story for television. Bajirao was a Maratha king in Pune who was against the Mughals but when he helped king Chhatrasal, he gave Baji his 16-year old daughter Mastani. Bajirao fell in love with the half-Muslim which angered a lot of people.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pritmcuttiee

xo4515 Senior Member
xo4515
xo4515

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 12:13am | IP Logged

Ekta Kapoor has been finalising a hush-hush TV serial titled Bajirao Mastani. Says a source close to Ekta, "It's a historical love story based on the romance between Maratha ruler Peshwa Baji Rao I and his wife Mastani. Ekta was always fascinated by the blend of politics, intrigue and religion of those times and this beautiful love story."

Baji Rao was a Maratha king in Pune who was a strong believer of Hinduism and against Mughal rule. Bajirao defeated Bangash's army and restored Chhatrasal to his throne. In gratitude, Chhatrasal gave Bajirao his 16-year old daughter Mastani

• Though Mastani was a half-Muslim, Baji Rao fell deeply in love with her, thus upsetting many people in his kingdom, including his staunch Hindu mother Radhabai. Ekta has been planning and conceptualising the show for a long time but had kept it under wraps. She has also locked in one of the top TV channels to telecast the show soon.

Ekta says, "Yes I am making a serial on Bajirao Mastani. I have been it planning for a long time and I am so happy that my plans are about to materialise now."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cuttiee

cuttiee IF-Sizzlerz
    cuttiee
    cuttiee

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
    thanxx 4 sharing...
    rtsd Senior Member
    rtsd
    rtsd

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 7:57am | IP Logged
    thanks for sharing...

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
    Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
    Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
    Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index