Confirmation to leave the page - A suggestion

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Jahnvi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Jahnvi-

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
I-F Dev Team,

I have a sincere request. Please try to see if there is a way you can incorporate a "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" dialog box if someone is editing or creating a new post. What I am trying to say is that, for example, I was working on a written update today and accidentally closed the screen and none of the work got saved. I had to do the whole update again. It would be great if one is on the editing/post reply page and they mistakenly close it or click on something else, a dialog box would pop up asking the person if they are sure they want to navigate away from the page.

I am not sure if that is something in your hands or not but it would be grateful if something could be done about that.

Thanks a lot :)

p.s. Perhaps a "auto save as draft" option?

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanaelle45Ishan.-VishaD-bewafa-Zeenat-Sano88Sandstone-Jwalamukhi-Cutiepie Rani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Confirmation to leave the page - A suggestion" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:08am | IP Logged

I agree with you. Me too worked on a banner contest yesterday and lost my entire work by accidentally clicking on a wrong button. Similar things has happened way too many times so auto draft saving or are you sure you want to close this page will really be helpful. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sano88-Jahnvi-Cutiepie Rani

-Jahnvi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Jahnvi-

Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

I agree with you. Me too worked on a banner contest yesterday and lost my entire work by accidentally clicking on a wrong button. Similar things has happened way too many times so auto draft saving or are you sure you want to close this page will really be helpful. 

I know! This gets really frustrating after one puts a lot of hard work into making a thread/topic.. anything. I really hope Auto Safe Draft gets inputed somehow (like in Gmail) so that one can work on a thread without worrying about loosing their work.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Cutiepie Rani

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 5:27am | IP Logged
I agree with the suggestion above as it takes a lot of time doing an update and one wrong mistake and the whole post goes missing Confused

-Jahnvi-

Ishan.

Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 25 September 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Happened with me too not once but many times. Once I typed the entire update and there was a spelling mistake in between , so I pressed backspace without clicking cursor in the text field and lost my entire update since the browser moved to the previous page. I can understand how frustrating it can be ! Ouch I support this idea of having an alert if anyone wants to leave the page especially when we create new topics , not for every post though , it would be annoying then.

-Jahnvi-

elle45

Goldie

elle45

Posted: 27 September 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
I like your idea. Hope somethong gets done about it.

-Jahnvi-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top