.Alluring.
.Alluring.

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
maddy did u delete any of my post? Confused

Relda Goldie
Relda
Relda

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Nikki: Yes. We were both in Peace Corps.

Choco: This Shoaib bloke dissed everyone from Sachin to SRk and then went an planned a big inauguration for his book in Mumbai. What a numnut. No wonder they cancelled his ceremony. Sachin and SRk are like Gods, especially in Mumbai.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tvdekhagilmores

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sheldon_Bazinga

Originally posted by chocolover89

Apparently Shoib Akhtar has dissed Sachin and Rahul in his latest book...smart, he figured out the only way people will even bother reading his book LOL

Really and who is he to talk about other people Dead. Between do you know he said about them?
Here's the article Shelly! ROFL
Sachin Tendulkar was scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar

Pakistan paceman Shoaib Akhtar reacts during a press conference in Colombo. The maverick paceman whose colourful career has been a heady mix of on-field brilliance and off-field controversy, will quit international cricket after the World Cup.
Former Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Akhtar -- the man who has bowled the fastest delivery in the game -- has just published his autobiography. The book, Controversially Yours, will sting like Akhtar's deliveries.

In the book, the temparamental Pakistan speedster has questioned the class and temperament of India's batting stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, accusing Tendulkar of being scared to face his scorching pace on a slow Faisalabad track.

He also claimed that Tendulkar and Dravid were not match-winners nor did they know the art of finishing games.

"...Vivian Richards, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara and the likes of them are great batsmen who dominated with the bat and were truly match-winners. Initially, when I bowled against Sachin, I found these qualities missing. He might have had more runs and records, he lacked the ability to finish the game," he said in the book, to be formally launched in New Delhi on Friday evening.

"We would have faced a humbling defeat in the series but for the fact that we reined in Sachin Tendulkar."

"What went in our favour was that Sachin was suffering from tennis elbow! This severely handicapped the great batsman. We managed to psychologically browbeat him.

"We bounced the ball at him and were able to unnerve him. I returned to the dressing room that first day with the knowledge that Sachin was not comfortable facing fast and rising ball. He was distinctly uncomfortable against me. That was enough to build on", he said.

"I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time, I saw him walk away from me-- that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad. It got my hunting instincts up and in the next match I hit him on the head and he couldn't score after that", Akhtar wrote.

The 36-year-old Akhtar, who had scalped 178 wickets in 46 Test and 247 I wickets in 163 ODIs, said that Tendulkar and Dravid who have together conjured over 56,000 international runs (over 33,000 by Tendulkar and over 23,000 by Dravid) are not "match winners".

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren't exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game," Shoaib said.

Akhtar who played for Shah Rukh Khan co-owned Kolkata Knight Riders during IPL has accused the Bollywood superstar and former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi of "cheating."

"Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh," he said in the book.

Akhtar also spoke at length about politics in Pakistan Cricket Board. He didn't shy away from taking a dig at two former captains Wasim Akram and Shoaib Malik.

He didn't stop short of calling Malik a "stoodge of PCB chairman Naseem Ashraf" and that's why he was made the captain.

In the book, Akhtar admits he tampered with the ball on many occasions -- a flagrant violation of the rules of the game. Akhtar bowled at 161.3 km/h once -- pace that is yet to be broken. Akhtar claims ball tampering is routine in cricket and "everyone" does it.

He also claims that he was cheated by Bollywood star and Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan and former chief of the IPL Lalit Modi.

He states, "Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh."

"This is the truth. Why must anyone fear speaking it?" Akhtar told a newspaper ahead of his book's release.

"I hope Pakistan cricket will be understood and respected. I hope people will feel the other side of me and understand why I am the way I am," he said.

ROFLROFL

Edited by chocolover89 - 24 September 2011 at 1:21pm
tvdekha IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Reldagilmores

-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Originally posted by .Alluring.

maddy did u delete any of my post? Confused

No i did not... What happened... Is anything deleted...The delete button is right next to the like button... I hope i did not click the wrong button by mistake...
gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Originally posted by -Maddy-

Originally posted by tvdekha

female foeticide...Cry...

I remember in school we did a play where we tried to enlighten people..

How much ever u try but its very hard to reform rural thinking.
Punjab has the lowest girl:boy ratioAngry

what about all these Delhi socialites going for IVF  in hong kong or somewhere...Thumbs Down

The rural ones i can understand... The lack of education,awareness  are the reasons... But these educated rich ones are the worst... Female foetacide and discrimination and skewed up sex ratios are much more higher in the higher strata and the richer states like Punjab..etc...
It disgusts me how these rich, so called "educated" people have such narrow thoughts. Punjab hardly has any girls left.
Sheldon_Bazinga IF-Dazzler
Sheldon_Bazinga
Sheldon_Bazinga

Originally posted by Relda

Nikki: Yes. We were both in Peace Corps.

Quick question about Peace Corps : Do they have a lot of South Asian working for them?
-Mmmmm- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Relda

I was part of Peace Corps to Ghana for a year. I can't describe in words the condition of women in villages over there. There is hardly anyone there who haven't been raped at least once. It's almost like a rite of passage for most women. MAny of them are abandoned with multiple children and the others who still have a spouse are infected with multiple STDs by them.

I have seen some of the videos... They are heart breaking... Very sad...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Relda

Go to top