Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

No beeps : CB decides to mute objectionable words!

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

No beeps

Censor board decides to mute objectionable words henceforth

Subhash K Jha

Posted On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 04:24:13 AM

The censor board has decided to do away with the beeps which are substitutes for objectionable verbal content including expletives, derogatory references to women and specific communities.

In a definitive move to discourage filmmakers from going overboard with colourful language in cinema, the censor board has decided to mute what the Board sees as "inappropriate words."

Pankaja Thakur, the Chief Executive Officer of the Central Board Of Film Certification, said, "We have been told beeps don't work. We've decided to mute inappropriate words instead of beeping them."

The new policy will be applicable with immediate effect. Pankaja further added, "In future you won't find beeped-out words in television promos. In The Dirty Picture promos words were muted, not beeped. Beeps are not only impractical they are a distraction to the audiences, too. The CBFC wouldn't want to spend so much time beeping, muting, deleting visuals."

Pankaja is especially concerned about the beeps that were so far being applied to television promos. "I wish filmmakers would understand that television promos have to keep in mind families that view the medium collectively.

In the case of The Dirty Picture the theatrical trailer was certified for Adults and was cleared without any modification. The television promos require a 'UA' certification. We accordingly suggested some modifications in the content for the promo."

Now, all the trailers and promotional material would be subjected to the mute treatment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Monami. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awww... no
i like the "BEEP"

: (
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I know...it would be so discomfiting to have sudden pauses in the middle...Censor folks..bhi naa...what all new rules they keep enforcing...too much free time on their hands...😛
I miss Aakashdeep Saigal.. beep beep beep.. 
Originally posted by: Meena1

I miss Aakashdeep Saigal.. beep beep beep.. 

That serial guy/junglewala/Farah Khan's ex?

Yeah, he's one hot headed maniac 😆
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
for tv it is necessary- beep or mute. as long as the film is not beeped/muted out. lol. give A cert and be done with it. Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago