Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Mausam Reviews !!!! (Page 78)

MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ght_sajan

the film itself is nothing to rave about...it's strictly ok & it won't go down in history as hindi cinema's most romantic film...the major letdown is the script & screenplay...props to the actors the script really does nothing for them..but truly this is sonam's best till date she has outdone herself & shahid is good too(shahid has proved his mettle as an actor long back but with this film sonam has actually proved she can act) i was pleasantly surprised i am a sonam fan but honestly didn't think too much about her acting prowess but with this film she in a way consolidated my faith in her as an actress( thank you kinda made me question her talent )...sonam is truly elegance personified & i personally feel she should stick to such films instead of the routine song & dance films...she is certainly not cut out for that kind of cinema..deepika scores well in such films...want to thank pankaj kapoor for extracting a wonderful performance from sonam...it would probably make people sit up & take notice of sonam's talent ...she still has a long way to go but the girl sure has potential

Watched it! Smile

My views are pretty much same as ght_sajan's..the movie was an average fare nothing really epic about it..But u can call it a decent one time watch..Not a complete waste of my 50 bucks..The best part has to be the cinematography,SONGS and lead actor's perfomance..Negative points are shoddy editing,slow pace and melodramatic climax..I actually posted my comment here solely to appreciate Sonam-Shahid Embarrassed..and its totally unbiased cuz as many know i am no fan of both..The actors were the reason i wasnt much excited for the flick.But boy i was wrong or what?..they didnt dissapoint me at allClap..Especially Shahid wow he took me back to the JWM days Day Dreaming !! He had great finesse in all the varied emotions he portrayed onscreen..He was equally good in both both first and second halves Clap..Never bored me! Sonam-FINALLY! she has arrived..Now i feel bad for thrashing her as a non talent kapoor LOL..She definitely has potential..My fav scene of her the climax where she shows all the agony,passion,fear everythingClap..She looked so beautiful even better than her Delhi 6..These kind of subtle,sober roles are her forte..If she is gonna stick to them,will definitely emerge as a winner beating all Dp's,Asins
the chemistry b/w the leads was nothing to rave about though..My fav scene of them is the 'abhi na jaao chodke " one
The length of the movie is causing some trouble..Many guys were shouting "picture band kar do" after 2 hrs lol..My mom who rarely appreciate BW movies loved mausam..She cant stop raving about Sonam's beauty and Sasha's cuteness hehe LOL

A special mention for Aditi who played Rajoo's role..she was great and one could actually connect to her pain :))

All in all i would give mausam a rating of : 2.5-3 out of 5 mainly for the genuine perfomance of the leads and for the honest intentions that went behind making of such a simple movie in the time when masala no brainer south inspired themes guarantee ATBB

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.riverElusiveDevotion

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Relda

The 9 crores opening day news came out around 6-7 pm Indian time, when all the movie theaters still had 3 - 4 more shows still to come and the final tally was far from being tabulated. First day collections are never tallied till the day is over and all the collections are taken into account. I think the 9 crore number was just some random number thrown about by some overzealous fan.

But close to 7 crores is a great number considering the genre and the star power of the leading couple. The best that Shahid and Sonam have individually garnered till now. I hope the weekend shows have a good jump to end the weekend at close to 25 crores or even more.

It was actually an article from IANS and you are right. LOL! I didn't take that seriously. The speculation was it might cross 8 crores.

Yep close or around 7 crores is very good. That's as much as your2 (6+-7+)said IK, RK & Shahid can get.

Let's see how the weekend goes!

TA is so quiet about Mausam! hmmm.

Edited by LifeOLicious - 24 September 2011 at 9:11am
guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 9:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Viviann Goldie
Viviann
Viviann

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged

I really liked the movie...worth watching...sasha was super!!Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lilly_starmoon.rivervssaras

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Misconception about Mausam Clarified
By Komal Nahta, 24 September, 2011

Misconception about Mausam ClarifiedThere's a misconception in industry that Mausam as cost RS.60 crore to make, promote and release. The fact, however, is that the investment of Sheetal Talwar and Eros International in the film is not more than Rs. 40-42 crore. Given this, the first day's opening figures aren't as bad as the trade is making it out to be. Actually, it is not the entire trade but a few loud-mouthed people in the industry who are going on and on and on about how film opened to a disastrous house. Probably they are unaware of both, the first day's collections and the total cost on of Mausam.

http://www.filmicafe.com/news20845.html

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

lilly_starBe.edgymoon.river-Kruti.S-vssaraslive_lifeThatOneGuy

Be.edgy Goldie
Be.edgy
Be.edgy

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 10:25am | IP Logged
dreishya Drishya
mausam is far better than bodyguard N ready.Cinema is nt only bout laughter n entertainment,its an art to show bout diffrnt aspect of life

and I think I Completely agree with that . .

I saw Mausam today . . I think it has flaws But Definitely Some memorable moments ..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lilly_starmoon.river-Kruti.S-vssaraslive_life

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/mausam-rs-7-60-cr-on-opening-day/

Mausam: Rs. 7.60 Cr On Opening Day

September 24th, 2011 by Koimoi.com Team

Mausam Movie PosterMausam made a total of Rs. 7.60 crore (all-India net collections approx) on its opening day (September 23). The Shahid Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor starrer took a good start, contrary to what many trade sources have been saying about the film not doing too well.

Edited by vssaras - 24 September 2011 at 11:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.riverBe.edgyChanna_mereyaa

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 24 September 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged

Movie Verdict
movieverdict Movie Verdict 
Analyzed 5147 tweets and found 78.08% people liked and 21.92% people disliked movie mausam #mausam

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.riverBe.edgy-Kruti.S-Raiinie2

Go to top