India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Mausam Reviews !!!! (Page 70)

cinema-goer Goldie
cinema-goer
cinema-goer

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
hmmm i will watch it on sunday mostly...hopefully i will enjoy it..the link Lifo posted i liked it very much..
The original song is one of my fav and i oved how they used it..

The look on sonam during parting makes me feel soo sad..its the story of most armed forces loved ones..

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vssaras

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 9:16pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vssaras

supercool3 IF-Veteran Member
supercool3
supercool3

Crazy Creatives Lead

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Finally watched Mausam, and am one happy child. I really disagree with the negative reviews, because I walked in with great expectations and ended up thoroughly enjoying the film. 

It's totally different from how a bollywood movie usually is these days. I have the satisfaction of having watched a pure love story after so long. In fact, I wouldn't mind a second time. Yes, I'm a sucker for such storiesLOL

I guess one of the minuses for the film is its length. In a period where most movies are approx. 2 hours, here's one that's nearly 3 hours. Plus the script moves at a slow pace. I'm kind of glad that it did move slow because that gave a chance for more insight. At the same time, my only complaint is that the second half of the movie could've been trimmed down a bit. Especially some sequences before climax.

The picturization of the different locations was beautiful. It had a very natural feel to it as one review had pointed out. And I think that was maybe one of the pros. Hats off to the cinematographer.

Shahid was perfect. From the mischievous boy, to the dutiful officer, and the lover, he performed exceptionally well. This is probably his best work til date. Sonam look gorgeous throughout the film. She has come along way since her first movie. She's definitely improving.  

Overall I loved the movie. 

Edited by supercool3 - 23 September 2011 at 9:41pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

moon.riverSATHYA88Yahoo2.Alluring.vssarasspamalotnaadanmasakalli

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Mausam Decent Opening Mere Brother Ki Dulhan Strong Second Week

Saturday 24th September 2011 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Mausam managed to get a decent opening on its first day. It picked up at multiplexes to finish at 50-60% at multiplexes on an average while single screens also were decent at around 50-55%. Surprisingly the film opened well at single screens in UP, CI and Rajasthan. The film has mixed reports amongst the youth who form the major segment of the opening day audience but with the family audiences to come over the weekend it may be liked better by that audience.

Speedy Singhs is very dull at around 10-15%. The collections were also poor in the North, the film has no chance at the box office.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan had a strong second week with around 16.25 crore nett which takes its all India total to 53 crore nett plus. The drop in week two is just 55% approx. The North belt had a drop of less than 50%. HIT.

Bodyguard had a 8.75 crore nett third week and the three week total stands at 139 crore nett. BLOCKBUSTER

MrsNealCaffrey IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 9:46pm | IP Logged

naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by supercool3

Finally watched Mausam, and am one happy child. I really disagree with the negative reviews, because I walked in with great expectations and ended up thoroughly enjoying the film. 

It's totally different from how a bollywood movie usually is these days. I have the satisfaction of having watched a pure love story after so long. In fact, I wouldn't mind a second time. Yes, I'm a sucker for such storiesLOL

I guess one of the minuses for the film is its length. In a period where most movies are approx. 2 hours, here's one that's nearly 3 hours. Plus the script moves at a slow pace. I'm kind of glad that it did move slow because that gave a chance for more insight. At the same time, my only complaint is that the second half of the movie could've been trimmed down a bit. Especially some sequences before climax.

The picturization of the different locations was beautiful. It had a very natural feel to it as one review had pointed out. And I think that was maybe one of the pros. Hats off to the cinematographer.

Shahid was perfect. From the mischievous boy, to the dutiful officer, and the lover, he performed exceptionally well. This is probably his best work til date. Sonam look gorgeous throughout the film. She has come along way since her first movie. She's definitely improving.  

Overall I loved the movie. 

agree Vithya

BUT BUT that Climax stunut really made me go W*FFF it was total W*F moment wven for die hard fans like me they could've easily not shown it and ended the folm a good 20 mins earlier  or maybe Harry might have did something related to his uniform as in take advantage of that  uniform as in helping people maybe but not like the way they showed in the climax that ook a lot away from film  but i liked it minus the last 20 mins

shabz waiting for ur review
whispa IF-Sizzlerz
whispa
whispa

Posted: 23 September 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
I watched the movie yesterday.

By the time I had gone to watch the movie I had read most of the negative reviews but usually i dont pay attention to them.

Shahid was really good  in the movie and Sonam looked gorgeous.And I thought the chemistry between them was nice too. Some of the scenes though were too long and some could have been edited completely.

But a sweet movie.

Edited by -Farrah- - 23 September 2011 at 10:28pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vssarasspamalotLifeOLiciouswidanaadanmasakalli

Go to top