Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by -Puppy-

Yes, Shahid is a flop Star Why ? because he prefers to work with Straight Producers, because he is not pampered by his father and mostly go by his Own will power .. who is willing to take risks... who doesnt do Cartoonish, puke worthy and embarassing projects  .. Im glad he is not called a STAR .. Coz by the standards of Bollywood, An Actor is only called a Star, If he has a perfect sense of marketing.. who has a talent to pull ridiculous and Blind crowd towrds cinemas who are in abundance ofcourse, .. also who is comfortable with the idea of casting couch and giving into the demands of not so Straight producers  and someone who can fill pockets of some Good for nothing Critics .. last but not the least, someone Who who Give a DAMN to the beauty of Cinema, Classics and ARTS.. and only have a good taste in tasteless Entertainment  ...

YES Shaid is definetly not a STAR of that sort .. im glad he is not ..

AS far as Box office in concerened .. dunno why indian cinema is losing its sheen ..every other project and movie seems to be either a Copy of a hollywood flick turned into a disaster .. and what worse is audiences are seem to be liking them 😕  .. yah ofcourse because they star power..

Anyway ... these so called STARS should start taking their talents srsly and should also start showing some respect towards ARTS and entertainment and contribute towards cinema with loyalty  instead of how thinking "only" abt the BUSINESS and Money...

Originally posted by driftingaway

He looked decent in Vivah and Jab We Met but that is it. I couldnt muster up the courage  to go watch Mausam only because seeing Shahid in his prepubescent glory; sporting a fake tache, and wearing more makeup than the female lead is very err off putting. Maybe he needs to work on his look?
In VigilIndia's words its "Pubic Hair Lipped Harry".. 🤣🤣
Wow am I posting on IF after a long time or what?! Lol.

Anywho..saw Mausam last Friday! And although I'm not that great with writing reviews, ima try! There will be some *SPOILERS*..

Alright so the first half was really good! Especially the Punjab scenes! I liked the comedy scenes during this time. Especially the one where there are 6 seats and 7 people..and they keep getting up and moving to the next seat. Kinda dumb..but nonetheless sorta funny! The whole theater was laughing. Haha. Harry and Aayat's meeting at the bread shop, where she laughs at him, was cute as well! But my most favorite part was when they have a conversation through the use of mendhi! How cute was that?! Lol.

The Scotland scenes were nice as well! Especially the abhi na chod ke jao..where they just stare at each other! Haha. Sonam looked pretty in those scenes..especially in the scene where she's wearing the sari.. loved her hair there. Shahid also looked nice..but I do prefer him without a mustache! Lol.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the second part is where people seem to have the most problem right? People think it drags, and the climax is not up to par? Although I did not have that much problem with the length.. just a little.. but it was tolerable.. I do see how people must have abhorred the length. These days, people can't sit past 2 hrs! Haha.

Nonetheless, I did like the second half, but not as much as the first half. Some scenes could have been cut here and there. And the climax..well it was alright uptil the part where the bad men came back, when Sonam and Shahid were sitting in the tubes. Then it was quite ridiculous with the climbing on the ferris wheel and saving the child.

I would have rather had them end it after Harry and Aayat met again. And if they wanted to add the child factor, they should have just had the child sitting on the ground, next to her deceased mother. And Harry and Aayat spotting the child and saving it.. instead of the whole ferris wheel scene. Also I much rather have liked to see Aayat helping Harry with his hand..instead of it miraculously working again.

Sonam and Shahid were good in their respective roles. Shahid, definitely better with his transitions from one role to another. But Sonam did a nice job too! She definitely suits the quiet, innocent types of roles.

So overall, after this long post..I did like the movie! And the more I think about it, I like it more. There definitely are flaws..no doubt about that. But its a nice, sweet watch.

Btw anyone know the final result of the movie? Like Average, Hit..etc.? Or is there still a while before they declare that?
Jeez man...I just posted ONE person's view and it becomes a mountain out of a molehill!
Saw Mausam today...thought it would be a good movie...but it was a real bore...it had no story at all...and both Shaheed and Sonam's acting was really disappointing...wasted my money on this film. 👎🏼
Originally posted by handlessthakur

You should check your nose then😛 .Because some of you are constantly smelling something "fishy" ever since Mausam released😆

She just stated what her friends thought about the movie ..now that is a crime too?? just because she didnt praise shahid and mausam, she has become fishy😆..what about the 29394949494 reviews  from random people favouring mausam ,from  twitter huh?? 🥱..acc to ur rule even they shld register and post their own reviews since one cannot even post their frnds opinions. 

And shahid is no superstar. A person who acts in movies such as CPD,DHP,FNF should never even be called a star. He should just sit at home with his "girlgand" and continue to amuse us with his tweets

Without watching the film she is telling, not worth a watch. That's why I told the thing fishy.
Mausam is a film which is liked and disliked by many. So it is wise to post review of someone's own.

I was not telling here about Shahid and Sonam, I was telling about the movie and it's review.

btw, is it your original ID?🤔 Whatever, newbies ki Jay!😛
Originally posted by lilly_star

Please you better tell your own review.😆 And how could even you tell without watching the movie that it's not worth a watch?🤔 I can smell something fishy fish.😆

What part of "my friends who've seen it..." did you not understand? 

Ok after much wait I've finally watched Mausam today!! 😊

Like many of you it was my most awaited movie of the year. The trailer.. the posters.. the music.. everything just got me excited! Then it finally came out and I read all the bad reviews, but I didn't let that stop me from watching it.

I have to admit, although it has many flaws, it's not as bad as people make out. 

The main issue was the length of the movie. It seemed to DRAG. We were only quarter way through and I wondered why the intermission still had not come! When it finally did it felt like I watched a whole 3 hour movie!

First half was good. It was hilarious, fun, enjoyable. Second half was a bit dull.

The movie is dragged more than you can imagine. This was down to many unnecessary scenes.. They were just pointless. Also as the audience, we were left to figure out a lot of the story, things were not explained.. times were skipped. Which got confusing and annoying. It all points towards the awful editing! 

On paper Shahid and Sonam look super cute together, but I did feel they lacked a bit of chemistry. This was mainly because they were hardly together! They spent more time apart than they did together. I get that back in the day love was spoken through the eyes than words etc etc but seriously, they could have had more romantic and intense scenes. Instead of showing us pointless and long winded scenes, we could have watched Aaayats and Harrys love blossom like any other movie.

May I add when Harry met Aayat in Scotland first time it could have been done a lot better! And the ending could have been a bit better and logical too!

Now the positives.. the beginning was great! They could have kept up some of the greatness that was in the 1st half.

The acting was superb, Shahid was super cute and Sonam was lovely of course. The music was stunning!

I LOVED the whole Punjabi side to it.. The village they filmed in and the characters in the village actually felt real unlike some movies we watch where it all feels fake.

The good thing about the movie is that it wasn't too 'out there' it wasn't completely typical, colourful, over the top.. The simplicity of the movie is what makes it beautiful.

So overall, the movie needed serious editing, cutting down.. More scenes between Sonam and Shahid would have been 10x better. Add a bit more masala and let the story flow a bit better and make more sense! 

If all the above was done right, this movie would have been EPIC. The reason i have pointed out all the flaws is because this movie would have been so much more beautiful had things been done a bit better.. Its frustrating lol

I expected a lot, but still, I ENJOYED it despite its many flaws! Its definitely not as bad as people make out. It was kind of refreshing in way.

So an 'above average' from me with a 6/10 rating.  (And yes, I would watch again sometime in the future) 😊
why is it soo hard for people to agree to the fact that the film was Bad.. pretty bad.. and it includes everything.. acting, story, pace etcc..

and if u dont wanna agree to it let other people express their opinions.. mines is that the film suckeddd...
Originally posted by lilly_star

Without watching the film she is telling, not worth a watch. That's why I told the thing fishy.
Mausam is a film which is liked and disliked by many. So it is wise to post review of someone's own.

I was not telling here about Shahid and Sonam, I was telling about the movie and it's review.

btw, is it your original ID?🤔 Whatever, newbies ki Jay!😛

No you got us. Its all a conspiracy to bring shahid down. People are making fake ID's on a message board. All the trade analysts are reporting fake numbers. Reviewer's are giving bad reviews. Negative word of mouth is a lie. Mausam actually is a blockbuster and the greatest movie in the history of indian cinema.

Your smelly nose smelled it out.👏