India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Geet & Maan OS:-The Date!

Newdime IF-Dazzler
Newdime
Newdime

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged

I have been toying with this idea for few days now and then finally 2 days ago decided to pen it down.  I hope you will enjoy it.

"Ready?"  The voice interrupted his thoughts. 

He turned to the voice as he could recognize without any face in thousands and millions. 

His, all-rounder smart out and dead gorgeous commander in chief, that's what he teased her, but his subordinate Geet Handa.

Putting the last cufflinks that was the gift, he got from his most favourite person.  Today was the most precious day of his life; he has nominated for the best youth icon in business in the category of The Company, The Stevie Awards.  He never attended any get togethers or ceremonies in the past although that has changed since past five years ever since Miss Handa joined Khurana Company of Communications.  

She validate her point in building relations by attending the seminars, get togethers or ceremonies build the reputation of the company and achieve its presence in the business world.  He is the one who can represent his business and name.  It's NOT about the business cards.  It's about making a connection to the people you want to get to know, and making an impact in what you say and think. 

Hence the result of this evening, the real person behind this success was her that he wanted to tell her make her believe that it was her who has pulled him out and made his mark in the industry.  Only if he can make her believe. 

But today, he was determined to break her rules and his.

"Your speech card, in white envelope and these are your invites including a guest."  She handed him the envelopes.  As usual very professional and to the point with her smile.

"Humm." He acknowledged her, accepted the envelopes, and put it inside his jacket pockets.  He noticed a quick glimpse of disappointment or was it jealousy?  It vanished with the same force it came.  This woman will drive him crazy; never let her guards off, emotions tightly under control.  Frustrated, with her principles and her validities. 

He kept his stern face showing his disapproval of not accompanying him to the function.  He had asked her to join him; she had respectfully declined it stating it's not professional to do so plus she has some plans.  And besides he should be meeting more people outside his office.   

She always arranged two invites, and handed him two cards, insisting he takes a guest in fact a female guest outside his company.  Given him abundant time to arrange one and be on time to the functions.  He literally leaves the one card on the table showing the rejection of the idea the recommendation of having a date. 

He never took any female guest with him.  Maan Singh Khurana never let him display in public with a female friend.  It was his rule.  He assumed the flinch was the bitter acceptance on her side that there will be a date tonight.  Little victory to celebrate later he noted.

"Good luck and enjoy."  She extends her hand with the bright smile.  He took the hand to shake and accepted the wish with the smile.  "Thank you and I'll."

"I'm very proud of you."  "Me too."

"The ride is ready for you outside and I' shall see you later.  Have a nice evening Maan."  With that, she turned and left him behind. 

He pressed the button on the intercom, "The bird has left the cage."  He smiled and turns to the mirror to check him one last time, winked at himself and left the room.

"What are you talking about?  You are not making any sense Adi.  Could you please calm down and speak slowly what is the matter?  Adi came running to her as she was about to leave for the day.  Looking at his pity self, he was in full stress.

"Geet, Geet you have to help me.  I suppose to bring a friend with me to this very important function and it's a couple only.  My date ditched me last minute and I'm in a fix I don't know what to do."  Adi cried.

"So what's the deal?  Call someone else."  Geet stated mater of factly. 

"That's what I'm doing Geet, came to you.  You are the only last hope.  Please help me."  Adi pleaded.

Geet new Adi from her college time, and had joined Khurana Company upon his recommendation.  He was more friends to her then a colleague. 

Me?  I don't have any friends Adi that will come on such a short notice.  I don't have such friends to be honest with you.  They are all married accept me."  The last part was only for her to hear.

"Why not you Geet?"  You are free now, since Maan is busy tonight and I'm sure you are doing nothing so why not come with Me?"  Adi hoped and crossed his fingers to make her agree seeing her thinking.

"Ok fine I'll come with you.  However, I have to go home and change do I have enough time?  She asked expectantly.  "You got only an hour Geet."  Adi looked up from his watch.  Nevertheless, you don't worry, I have an idea.  Let's go down to the concourse we got time before it closes and you can get ready here."  He suggested.

She agreed, they hurried down the ground below and Adi directed her towards the boutique.  The assistant at their toe, he quickly narrated the formal dressing code and the girl was in action took her size for the dress and feet.  She came back with a dress and pair of footwear to go with it. 

Adi approved immediately and asked Geet to try on.  It was surprising that Geet did what is been told to her without any argument that she always had.  Geet was not to herself today as he thought to notice what was going on around her.  He will find out in short of the time.  If it would be other normal day, she would have picked the charade right away that the store is open the dress is ready and it's not a coincident.  She was the queen of busting one's surprise.  

She came out with the dress and shoes in her hands with in five minutes.  The dress is perfect and the sandals too, announcing and rushing to the counter to pay.  Adi said it's all taken care of and hurry to go back up and meet him in the main lobby handing a small bag.  The moment she was out of sight Adi heaved with relief and turned to the other side to give the thumps up.  

She looked at herself in the mirror after 15 minutes, making sure she has not outdone or underdone.  If she had enough time she would have properly dressed.  She liked what Adi had picked for her, she noted to compliment him for his dressing sense.  Approving herself, she left all her belongings in her drawers and locked.  Grabbing the tiny bag she lifted her dress up and ran out of the office to the elevator. 

Once in the train, she tapped her foot impatiently to reach it's stop.  She noticed the small bag in her hand and got curious to open it.  She went on to do so and in the meantime, the elevator stopped.  Out of habit she came out still looking in to the bag, she called out for Adi, "Let's go Adi and what is it in the bag by the way?" 

"Adi will meet us at the auditorium and it's a Gift for the most beautiful person Geet."

Geet stopped in her task and turned slowly on her heels,

"Maan?  What are you doing here?" 

Shock was dripping off her face, Maan could swear if she could go prettier than this.  She looked stunning in her simple yet elegant way.  He knew the choice was perfect.  He moved closer to her, took the case out of her hand, and opened it.  It contains the delicate necklace set to go with the dress.  He slowly put the necklace around watching her closely she was in complete daze.

"I was waiting for my date to show up." 

"Date?"  Still staring at his face not bothered with his action.  He continued completing his task.  "Is she here, umm I mean to say your date is here?"  He smiled inwardly, jealousy for sure it was he high fived himself.  "Yes.  My date is here finally after so long I have been waiting." 

It was evident that his chatterbox was speechless now.  It was making it easier for him to handle her.  "Oh."  All she could manage. 

She stumble in her spot as if bring herself out of her reverie she realized that where she was and who was in front of her.  "I was supposed to meet Adi here."  She started to look for him around, avoiding as much possible his presence and trying to escape.  She looked for her phone; she fisted her anger for leaving her bag upstairs. 

"Geet, will you not meet my date?"  Enjoying as much as he could, he could tell his miss perfect was so out of her control.  She took deep breath, her back to him she turned slowly to face the reality. 

"Maan I'm sure you are getting late, I shall meet your umm your date some other time.  Actually, I think Adi must be waiting for me upstairs I'll have to check on him."  She blurted all out at once and turned back to the elevators.  She was burning with embarrassment in front of him; the red hue was covered all over the face.  She mentally stabbed Adi several times.  She pressed the button few times.

"It will not come faster than it takes by pressing the button Geet."  He came closer to her with his calm stride.  Sensing his presence next to her she cursed under her breath.  Why he is doing this, why her control on herself is out of control.  She questioned herself numerous time with no answer heard back.  Calm down Geet, it's just Maan your boss whom you meet every day.         

"You didn't hear me earlier did you?"  He bends down a little closer to whisper in her ears.  She turned in surprised to feel him so close and stumble backward but Maan was quick enough to steady her. 

"Easy Geet, what's the rush."  Now that she looked at him,

"Adi will meet us at the auditorium with his date." To her shocking expression he turned her towards the side walls

"And her, she is My Date Geet."  Pointing her to the face on the wall of mirrors reflecting them all over.  The gentle smile creep her lips and she looked down with shyness.

She pulled herself out of his grip and turned back to face him.  "So this was your entire slimy plan to trap me into this scheme of yours?" 

She accused him all hurt and angrier at herself that how did she got herself in to this trap.  He didn't like what he saw but knowing her and how to get her under cover he turned the table. 

"Well no one forced you, were you?"  She changed her expression how she agreed to Adi.  He just requested and she went along, it was her doing she was upset as why she couldn't go with Maan even though he asked her.  He didn't asked her as his date he asked her more of his associate as he knew her she retorted back with the conclusion. 

"But you could have asked me directly.  Why go through such length."  Not looking at him she turned her face annoyed how he got Adi involved in this.  "I did didn't I?  Reasoning he raised his brow to get her attention.  She looked him nervously and uttered that shouldn't come out. 

"Well it was not a proper proposal one should ask for a date.  It was more of 'if I want to' kind of invite."  Maan bite his lips and accepted the fact.  Smart as always in answering back.  He stepped forward taking his hand out of the pocket he reached for her little finger with his little finger.

"Ok Miss Handa, would you please do me the honor to join me tonight to be my side on the eve of a special occasion of my life to share my happiness?"

She was stunned to hear this from him The Maan Singh Khurana who didn't care two cents of anyone's presence be it any famous personality and is asking a mere of his associate for a Date and that also for his life time achievement event. 

The honey-eyes were covered with the mist that he never had the opportunity to witness.  "You are the only one I would rather be around on my biggest day then be with some stranger."  The mist has turned into stream now flooding over the guards of lashes making its mark on the creamy cheeks.  He curled his fingers and wiped her tears, from one to other, "I didn't know that my little speech will cause such emotional pain that the tears would be the treat to receive in an answer.  I'm sorry if I had hurt you in any way and I didn't mean that way."  He was stepping back feeling hurt and dejected.

"Indeed it's emotional pain that you created havoc in me to pour my emotions out.  These are the most precious words that you put together in your little speech to ask me out on a Date Maan.  No one has asked me in such a way before."  She had grasped his retreating hand off her cheeks.

Neither of them spoke for a fraction of minute. 

"Geet I don't think they will wait for us but I don't mind standing here for long."  He teased her and they busted in laughter, but Maan sobered immediately, "I'm still waiting Geet for the answer."  All this while he was holding her hand to his chest looking at her expectantly. 

Her laughter faded upon his plea.  She never saw this man before, she was mere his employee and he was Maan Singh Khurana.  She never knew he held a torch for her all this while.  She would be fool if she would not accept his proposal.  But she don't think she could meet his standard.  Then why she felt hurt when he did not put the second invite on the table as he did all the time.  She hesitated, "But Maan me?  I mean it's such a grand event and I never been to such place before I I don't know how to present myself there."  It was given she was nervous.

"Geet, I'm waiting for your answer yes or no?"  He knew how to get his way from her.

"Yes.  Bu.."  "Shss, just be yourself and I'll be there all the time with you."

"Let's go now or else we will be late."  He grabbed her hand and took for the run not in a rush to get there but with the glee finally she said yes for the date.  His Date.

All the words I use in my stories can be found in the dictionary -- it's just a matter of arranging them into the right sentences.

Edited by Newdime - 23 September 2011 at 1:48pm

The following 92 member(s) liked the above post:

yash_bdnimmi26skydaffodils7inlwgeetHolynaswati2011payal906cukishmaancrazyWelafatiya52110mishtikhuranaasmi123PaingelammyicycoollathaauDana Marieayu14bhakbhartifannonabebuLov26-Elfin-RamykrishfullyfaltuElizaKawaDazlingdivyaalfiya7MSgayatri-BeingAppy-cue1cloudflowerAnemariahujatanviRihanna4allNihsonbirdy2011lovepoonehaagarwalvHADmishti-eiya-maaneet_piscesmaaneetkimeetArsheelamystique_girlLimerancedishbhandesikalakaarcherieLovercharlie1950tanya_viQueenbeePallaviasmaniarabianpaki-Deepzz-Anvi2009pushpi--ANGEL--neethuMGgurti30princess163kingofmeinsight555aditi_2010had2burupzloveumrk-1Water.meettu.vrshn.nehakapoor7_mahi.ve_Niharika.Nairmayurmaaneetsmallvilleaanyakunatkomlikanisha_hc_bs_ddKTPROCKSshalini01vrsharma--Saavi--krati5Krishnaluv94--Ratna--shah10Bul3sweet scorpiokkiddoo-Mishu-Tyropunam2712spvd

arabianpaki Goldie
arabianpaki
arabianpaki

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Awww!!! That was really cute! Loved it!!
Lekin date ke duraan kiya kiya hua ;)
Thank you!!

Edited by arabianpaki - 20 September 2011 at 6:51pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123LimeranceNewdimeKrishnaluv94

Maaneet099 IF-Rockerz
Maaneet099
Maaneet099

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
res
aawww Embarrassed... i kinda guessed when Adi called... LOL more comments to come later Big smile

Edited by Maaneet099 - 20 September 2011 at 6:53pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Newdime

Water. IF-Rockerz
Water.
Water.

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
res

Edited in post belowWink

Edited by Water. - 20 September 2011 at 7:08pm

Newdime

Water. IF-Rockerz
Water.
Water.

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
It was a lovely OS.

All those times when Geet left the second invite...Maan wanted her to come with him rite??
And when Maan pocketed the invites earlier..she was jealous n a bit hurt cus he did not ask her?
Any chances of part 2...wanna know what happens at the function...maybe a dance...a kiss while coming back...lots of possibilities...walking in the rain in the parking...etc etc

Edited by Water. - 20 September 2011 at 6:56pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NewdimeKrishnaluv94Maaneet099

Maaneet099 IF-Rockerz
Maaneet099
Maaneet099

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
^^ yes yes yes... me want part 2 peshhh *puppy dog eyes*

Newdime

Newdime IF-Dazzler
Newdime
Newdime

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Water.

It was a lovely OS.

All those times when Geet left the second invite...Maan wanted her to come with him rite??
And when Maan pocketed the invites earlier..she was jealous n a bit hurt cus he did not ask her?
Any chances of part 2...wanna know what happens at the function...maybe a dance...a kiss while coming back...lots of possibilities...walking in the rain in the parking...etc etc

Hope you will fill the res post...

No part 2...you can pick up from there may be your version..it has been long GF...

thx for the comments...56 views and only few comments and and 2 likes...LOL

Edited by Newdime - 20 September 2011 at 7:02pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Water.Krishnaluv94

Newdime IF-Dazzler
Newdime
Newdime

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
I have an Idea you all are writers..why not pick from where it was left...it would be interesting what say?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ArsheelaWater.Krishnaluv94

Go to top