Gulaal

India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

Baatein bhool jaati hain, Yaadein yaad aati hain (Page 2)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maz.

@Letters...one of the 2 things that always revive the sense of betrayal, the burning questions...I noticed how the letters are also torn around the edges...the amount of times they have been read and re-read...nice touch..(of course it could also be the number of retakes with it..hehe but I'll prefer the other reason..lol)...I noticed that too...and I think the director and technicians took care to give the letters that authentic touch giving the appearance of old letters which have been read many times...they probably folded them many times over to give them that worn out/torn look at the edges

what I love about the letters is all his thoughts there are clear cut...all the questions are listed...precisely the same ones he actually musters up the courage to ask her many days later..with as much anger as he wrote them during the past decade.. So true...the letters very directly voice every question, every thought in his head...very straightforward just like he is...but on this one topic he is unable to muster up the courage to ask her as you said so he reads the letters again...again and again wanting answers, but each time the sea of emotions swamps him...you can see in this cap when he's reading the letters...there is the pain and anger again

And when Gulaal enters like Nur says time stands still...everything else blacks out..lol...and she's actually being very formal in this exchange..conveys the message and leaves..I think what leaves him startled is that he was running around with Talli a moment earlier...showcasing that child like side of his..and Gulaal saw him like this..something he surely doesn't want her to get comfortable with at this point..That's probably very much a part of it but I think more than anything he hates Gulaal catching him in unguarded moments...where he's being normal, laughing around...cuz in front of her he wants oh so hard to project that cold mask, aloofnes, all of that...but then she's in front of him and the breath literally leaves his body each time unless he's had the chance to get his defenses in place...this happens many times...in the first meet when he turns and sees her, when he looks up from the album and sees her crying and then here...I think he hates being off-guard around her in this phaseLOL....otherwise he's always like this with Talli regardless of Gulaal watching...wasn't he making Talli run after his bike after he first got it too?LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathommanzilmukul

--Minks-- Senior Member
--Minks--
--Minks--

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Aaj to special treat hai... we are discussing them all together... so many variations and facets of each character - Gulaal and Kesar, though mostly in essence the same... love and miss the old camaraderie... 

Kesar is showing his vulnerable side to Gulaal for the first time, since he is back after his decade long punishment to his Gulaal... although it was not intentional... but, he was so chicken scared at the thought of being caught by his nemesis in such a weak moment.. he does not want her to realise that it is the same Kesar, she knows ... 

He has tried to build his super macho image, of I am a man now ... This whole softy side, his emotions expressing themselves just by looking a a bunch of his old life, when he was happy and free from all doubts/ griefs... the days when he had his comfort around him, to hold him, to tell him that there was nothing to worry about... he didnt have her with him for 10 years, and it was his punishment as much as hers... he so knows that it would hurt her to be cut off from him, while he on the other hand suffers too...missing his Gulaal.. his life's biggest pillar of support in every situation... she held him, and comforted him when his life shattered with his bhai, Vasant, who was everything to him, is lost forever... Gulaal was the one taking care of this boy, taking care of his fears then... 

Yet, his biggest grief came with the truth of Dushyant being his brother's killer and Gulaal being a co-conspirator (or not)... his life took the biggest fall, and there was noone he could turn to now... he learnt to be brave and mature for the world... as he lost his trust in the one person, who embodied love and trust for him... 

I guess he carried on with this facade for so long that he feels most safe in it... and not in being his normal loving, trusting self, on a decade ago... he feels afraid of being himself in front of his very own Gulaal... what a situation he is caught in?? The one person he trusts most in life still, yet she is the cause of all his distrust in life...

The whole scene where Kesar freezes on seeing Gulaal, and she has this hesitant wary look... both not knowing how to react, was so brilliantly enacted... I completely agree JZee with how you describe the moment...

ENTER Galool! - Room ka temperature is suddenly on the rise, the 'charge' as Reemz calls it, is so thick between GK you can cut it with a knife. Oh I could watch these seconds of exchange between them n times over and still feel goosebumps! Its a live wire! 

The tension is so palpable, and yes the Talli billi has a fuse bulb for a brain, never ever using it except on how-to-patao-Kesar-mission... jisme bhi woh buri tarah se fail huyi... puri duffer hai ye ladki...  anyways, the less said about her, its better... warna bekaar mein Ill waste my enery and efforts over such a complete bafoon... 

On another note, Gulaal was such a sensible, intelligent woman, usko iss Talli se irritation nahi hota tha... I mean it looked most of the time like Talli was her eyes' apples, but why??? I know that she is Sudha's molly-coddled, brainless adopted daughter... and hence is loved as a family member almost... still... there would be a limit to which any sensible person can be sooo in lowe with such a dimwit?????

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

MR21VJ-LNMDJwithout-fathomMaz.manzilmukulAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by scarletthara

Aaj to special treat hai... we are discussing them all together... so many variations and facets of each character - Gulaal and Kesar, though mostly in essence the same... love and miss the old camaraderie... 

Kesar is showing his vulnerable side to Gulaal for the first time, since he is back after his decade long punishment to his Gulaal... although it was not intentional... but, he was so chicken scared at the thought of being caught by his nemesis in such a weak moment.. he does not want her to realise that it is the same Kesar, she knows ... Totally...and she KNOWS as you said...she KNOWS that his issue is also that he doesn't want her to see him vulnerable, to see him being himself...but she is still disturbed cuz she doesn't know WHY.

He has tried to build his super macho image, of I am a man now ... This whole softy side, his emotions expressing themselves just by looking a a bunch of his old life, when he was happy and free from all doubts/ griefs... the days when he had his comfort around him, to hold him, to tell him that there was nothing to worry about... he didnt have her with him for 10 years, and it was his punishment as much as hers... he so knows that it would hurt her to be cut off from him, while he on the other hand suffers too...missing his Gulaal.. his life's biggest pillar of support in every situation... she held him, and comforted him when his life shattered with his bhai, Vasant, who was everything to him, is lost forever... Gulaal was the one taking care of this boy, taking care of his fears then... 

Yet, his biggest grief came with the truth of Dushyant being his brother's killer and Gulaal being a co-conspirator (or not)... his life took the biggest fall, and there was noone he could turn to now... he learnt to be brave and mature for the world... as he lost his trust in the one person, who embodied love and trust for him... Very well saidClapClap

I guess he carried on with this facade for so long that he feels most safe in it... and not in being his normal loving, trusting self, on a decade ago... he feels afraid of being himself in front of his very own Gulaal... what a situation he is caught in?? The one person he trusts most in life still, yet she is the cause of all his distrust in life...I know haina? What a situation he's caught in...he can't be himself...he's afraid and wary of being himself in front of his own Gulaal...the one person he trusted more than anyone in the world...and interestingly it is that distrust, that disillusionment in her to an extent which toughened him up, made him grow into the man he is.

On another note, Gulaal was such a sensible, intelligent woman, usko iss Talli se irritation nahi hota tha... I mean it looked most of the time like Talli was her eyes' apples, but why??? I know that she is Sudha's molly-coddled, brainless adopted daughter... and hence is loved as a family member almost... still... there would be a limit to which any sensible person can be sooo in lowe with such a dimwit????? LOL...Talli irritates all of us but jokes apart, Gulaal basically is one of those kind of ppl who loves to take in wounded beings and nurture them...she felt an instant sort of bond with Talli when she found out that Talli lost her mother at a young age and later on her father as well...Gulaal has a MEGA protective streak as we know and that went into overdrive from that point on and continued on till this day...she pampers Talli cuz she constantly feels bad for this "bin maa baap ki bacchi"

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

--Minks--Maz.without-fathommanzilmukulEXOL

--Minks-- Senior Member
--Minks--
--Minks--

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
What amazes me is the fact that despite facing such bitter and hard truths in life at such an impressionable age... Kesar essentially remained the same loving, caring boy he was in essence... there could have been a good likelihood of him turning bitter and really cold... but it didnt... 

I think JZee mentioned in some post that Gulaal saw this golden heart in this naughty brat, and hence their bonding started... I think it was this, as well as the fact that these two were such loving caring souls, who would go all out for that one unique person in their life... in a  random bit, it reminds me of what Dumbledore told Harry that he was unique coz of his ability to love and trust people... and this is the same for Kesar here... he had all the reason in the world to go to the dark side, yet he chooses to remain this immensely loving guy... who goes on to be this mad, passionate lover... going to his limit to follow his hearts diktats... despite a decade of distrust and anger... his love and trust for Gulaal remains earthed deep inside him... which surfaces on these rare moments in the early post-leap days... 

He has his issues with anger, stubbornness, and stuff, but he would never even think of hurting Dushyant on the sly... coz it was just not him... he wanted justice meted out, and not out n out revenge... warna to kitne cliche tareeke the dushmani nikalne ke liye... 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathommanzilmukulAreYaar

without-fathom IF-Rockerz
without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

[ but, he was so chicken scared at the thought of being caught by his nemesis in such a weak moment.. he does not want her to realise that it is the same Kesar, she knows ... Totally...and she KNOWS as you said...she KNOWS that his issue is also that he doesn't want her to see him vulnerable, to see him being himself...but she is still disturbed cuz she doesn't know WHY... and both of them find it so in the stride to put aside the imli instance - as an acceptable exception to the ongoing battle - which is testimony supreme of same ol' Kesar, same ol'! Kesar ji is one piece on the planet of mortals - first he is iron clad resolved to prove he's not the same. Then it hits him in the gut to be told he is not the same. Then he takes time out on war, proves he is the same. Then he is caught being the same in a moment, which is more than what he bargained for, in the time out. So he focuses on re-gathering all the wrath... to repeat drill ?! Stern Smile *shakes head* And then we're all complaining about Talli being a dimwit LOL Kare bhi kya wo, aise logo ki company ke asar mein LOL

and that was quick jump out of turn ... *sheepish* - yes, I'm still working! 

--Minks--Maz.poppinssmanzilmukulAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 September 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JZephyr

and both of them find it so in the stride to put aside the imli instance - as an acceptable exception to the ongoing battle - which is testimony supreme of same ol' Kesar, same ol'! Kesar ji is one piece on the planet of mortals - first he is iron clad resolved to prove he's not the same. Then it hits him in the gut to be told he is not the same. Then he takes time out on war, proves he is the same. Then he is caught being the same in a moment, which is more than what he bargained for, in the time out. So he focuses on re-gathering all the wrath... to repeat drill ?! Stern Smile *shakes head* And then we're all complaining about Talli being a dimwit LOL Kare bhi kya wo, aise logo ki company ke asar mein LOL

LMAO!ROFLROFLROFL Baat toh sahi hai...ab aise logon ki company mein rahegi toh kahaan se uska tiny dimaag chalega?ROFL

I loved your description of the "time out" hahaha so true! That was indeed a little time out and there was an acceptance and understanding on both their parts...so they smiled and felt content in the timeout and then went back to the usual mode...LOL

@Minks: Indeed it's remarkable that underneath it all he remained the same loving, caring guy...I think on some level I'd say Kesar is too STUBBORN a person to really change...some bitterness over time may have hardened him in some ways but essentially he remained the same guy...he had all these variety of traits in him since childhood only. If I wanted to go on a whimsical tangent I'd say it's also cuz those are the basic traits that Gulaal knew him and bonded with him over too.

--Minks--Maz.without-fathommanzilmukulEXOL

MR21 IF-Dazzler
MR21
MR21

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Lovely caps and remarks NurHug
JZeeHug..i always like the way u come up with writing the scenes so well...

So, from the three scene...i never watched the other two except the photo album scene...thanks to you guys because of which i was able to see it atleast now...

Photo Album sceneEmbarrassed...ohh me like kesar here very much...he is so cute with that white patti around his head and that too after shower...i always liked him when ever he is with his patti...i hope it is an accessory so that he could wore it alwaysWink...ohh what can i say abt this scene...its speaks a lot without any words...they dont have any words to say..but still both kesar n gulaal interact very well in that scene...loved the FBs...if i can say all the FBs are some what related to gulaal..whether we talk abt vassy fb, krishna dance fb or marriage fb...all of them have gulaal in some way or the other...thank god that talli was not in the FBLOL...hothi toh hamaara kya hojaathaConfused...

JK waala scene was too good...JK madam toh kabhi bhi never ever loose a chance to do a taunt on gulaal...just loved the way she utters that one-liners...she a very different vamp all together...

Gulaal FB part too good...never saw that scene of FB before...so cute...n as nur said gulaal expressions were too good in that scene...had to catch it now in YT...tthe way she clutched kesu clothes as Jzee said as if she dont him to be away from her...n then the sadness of the reality of today...

Kesar Fb part...arey yeh bachcha bhi na...jab bhi dekho wahi fb ko dhektha hi rehthaOuch...woh bore nahi hota hai kya...n the word mein yaha khel ne nahi aaya hoon...toh uss idiot dabloo talli ke saath apne kamre mein kya kar raha haiLOL

Then comes the kesar rooms scene...me liked it very much...ohh his voice while reading the letter...his expressions with anger and at the same time tears in his eyes...NB is so good in that scene...arey iss talli koh koi manners hai ya nahi...arey kisi ki room mein jaane se pehle knot at the room...woh nahi toh bhi chalega..magar kisi ki letter ko aisa koi dekhta hai kyaAngry...mein hoti koh ek thappad toh zaroor padthiLOL...magar kesar ne toh bas aisa kuch kiya hi nahiShocked...loved the way he apologized n shifted her attention to her hand made loddosLOL...bhichaara namak wala laddo pehli baar talli ke haatho se kaake kya hogaya hoga uski haalWink...n comes the gulaal...what a scene...not even a minute scene but loved the charged atmosphere...n lobed loved the way he looks at her after she left the placeEmbarrassed...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathomAreYaar

without-fathom IF-Rockerz
without-fathom
without-fathom

Posted: 21 September 2011 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MR21

Lovely caps and remarks NurHug
JZeeHug..i always like the way u come up with writing the scenes so well...

So, from the three scene...i never watched the other two except the photo album scene...thanks to you guys because of which i was able to see it atleast now...

Photo Album sceneEmbarrassed...ohh me like kesar here very much...he is so cute with that white patti around his head and that too after shower...i always liked him when ever he is with his patti...i hope it is an accessory so that he could wore it alwaysWink...

^^ OMG I thought I was the only freak who liked that !!! He looks adorable with head patti Blushing - *hi-five* LOL

ohh what can i say abt this scene...its speaks a lot without any words...they dont have any words to say..but still both kesar n gulaal interact very well in that scene...loved the FBs...if i can say all the FBs are some what related to gulaal..whether we talk abt vassy fb, krishna dance fb or marriage fb...all of them have gulaal in some way or the other...thank god that talli was not in the FBLOL...hothi toh hamaara kya hojaathaConfused...  <--- I know man! FBs seem like the only place we can have GK to ourselves without her barging in - but that's what! Ek dusre ke memory movies mein to they want to be exclusive  Blushing

Kesar Fb part...arey yeh bachcha bhi na...jab bhi dekho wahi fb ko dhektha hi rehthaOuch...woh bore nahi hota hai kya...n the word mein yaha khel ne nahi aaya hoon...toh uss idiot dabloo talli ke saath apne kamre mein kya kar raha haiLOL

^^ ROFL MR, that is a genius cross question! Talli hi kyun! Shocked And honestly, Gullu's obsession with Talli, and Kesar's obsession with Duggu is unconditional LOL If we didn't know better about their undying lubb for each other, even in version of hate - there would be much reason to worry about where the 'G-K' lowe story was headed Shocked

Then comes the kesar rooms scene...me liked it very much...ohh his voice while reading the letter...his expressions with anger and at the same time tears in his eyes...NB is so good in that scene...arey iss talli koh koi manners hai ya nahi...arey kisi ki room mein jaane se pehle knot at the room...

Ouch This time at least he was 'dressed'. The one dark moment for all GK phankaas - our eternal scar - is the time she walks in on Kesar shirtless Shocked Like jisko karna chiye walk in at such points - wo to karti nahi Disapprove All Gullu does is keep fixing buttons on Kesu's shirts, and Talli gets to have the 'chance-pe-dance' Sleepy

woh nahi toh bhi chalega..magar kisi ki letter ko aisa koi dekhta hai kyaAngry...mein hoti koh ek thappad toh zaroor padthiLOL...magar kesar ne toh bas aisa kuch kiya hi nahiShocked...loved the way he apologized n shifted her attention to her hand made loddosLOL...bhichaara namak wala laddo pehli baar talli ke haatho se kaake kya hogaya hoga uski haalWink...n comes the gulaal...what a scene...not even a minute scene but loved the charged atmosphere...n lobed loved the way he looks at her after she left the placeEmbarrassed...

Oh I love the way he's all huffed up, and breathes down one, then just holds back all breath... the stillness about him at the sight of him - its like a hynotism descends upon him - oh sigh... Day Dreaming - and jhalli Talli tells him to eat ladoos *yawn* God she's unbelievably slow Sleepy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gulaal Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index